Belfast #2 Setlist Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
:wave: Happy Sunday.
Still 2 hours until showtime, but they’re rehearsing...
[TWEET]1056604917731942401[/TWEET]

With 6 shows left, it HAS to show up tonight...right?

Last edited:
After doing 3 gigs this week, I’m sitting at home watching rubbish tv with that sinking feeling in my stomach. U2 blues have well and truly kicked in. Wish I was in Belfast tonight :-(

Is tonight the night they play it but we don’t hear it because there are no streams?

I'm at this show. Joined the line 5.30pm and am second row E stage. Last night's show was a belter, hope tonight brings something different other than the Gloria/ABOY swap...

OMG! Who changes their clocks from one show to the next?
Can’t they think about the rest of us???

Let’s go.

SSE Arena - Belfast, Northern Ireland - October 28, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / The Great Dictator ----------
01 - The Blackout

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You

I guess they’re saving it for Dublin.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly
08 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
09 - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------

I guess they’re saving it for Dublin.

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gotham Experience Remix) ----------

Maybe they're gonna stick it in the encore tonight to beef it up a bit? :hmm::lol:

Seriously, if U2 play Dirty Day live, I'll be extremely surprised. At least tracks like RHMT and Acrobat had the advantage of being on U2's most popular albums. Dirty Day is one of the last tracks I assumed they'd ever pull out again. All I ask is that they play it once, so we can have a youtube video of it floating around forever!

Okay, I meant play it at least once in this millennium.

Believe me, I have probably watched that Sidney concert 100 times (I was obsessed in the 90's as a teen), I am well aware of that version. Still, they only played the song 10 times, all in Australia, NZ and Japan. Same as Lemon and Daddy's gonna pay.

Edited: I accidentally wrote "Sidney", which is a city near where I live. SYDNEY is the one in Australia where that epic performance came from.

Last edited:
Bono's gone back to hardly singing One. :no:

...ooh, they got Hear Us Coming tonight.

Last edited:
Done. The final 5 starts next week...

01 - The Blackout
02 - Lights of Home
03 - I Will Follow
04 - All Because of You
05 - Beautiful Day
06 - Zoo Station
07 - The Fly
10 - Elevation
11 - Vertigo / It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Acrobat
14 - The Showman (Little More Better) [snippet] / You're the Best Thing About Me
15 - Summer of Love
16 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
17 - Get Out of Your Own Way
18 - New Year's Day
19 - Ode to Joy (snippet) / City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
20 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
21 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
22 - 13 (There is a Light)

Just got back, did both nights. Thought Bono sounded a lot better night one and the atmosphere all round was a lot better as well. I was actually a bit worried for a second towards the end of Black Out and start of LOH that there was something wrong with his voice but he recovered well enough.

I did seats for tonight, surrounded by this bizarre crowd. I was about 10 rows back and not one person ahead of me stood throughout the night. Even during Pride or Elevation. I guess this is what you risk with 185 pound seats. And Hear Us Coming snippet was a nice surprise.

Just got back, did both nights. Thought Bono sounded a lot better night one and the atmosphere all round was a lot better as well. I was actually a bit worried for a second towards the end of Black Out and start of LOH that there was something wrong with his voice but he recovered well enough.

I did seats for tonight, surrounded by this bizarre crowd. I was about 10 rows back and not one person ahead of me stood throughout the night. Even during Pride or Elevation. I guess this is what you risk with 185 pound seats. And Hear Us Coming snippet was a nice surprise.

I did really good seats in Chicago this year, and everyone was on their feet the entire time, except the 2 acoustic songs.

Last year in Indianapolis the crowd around me sat most of the time. It was awkward and felt very restricting. Same with seeing Tom Petty last year. Sat the whole damn show!

Keep in mind that was a rehearsal, just trying to get everything in the right place. They need to practice a little bit harder if they are going to actually play that in front of people.

I can’t remember the last time he sounded impromptu.

Other than whatever flub they had in the middle that he apologized for, I’d bet it would sound pretty much like this if they man up and play it.

Back
Top Bottom