Atlanta Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinite Energy Arena - Atlanta, GA - May 28, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet)
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - The Garden of Love (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Love, Reign O’er Me (snippet) / William Blake’s Introduction to Songs of Experience (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) [snippet]
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You're the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Get Out of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
22 - One / Invisible (snippet)
23 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way

Infinite Energy Arena - Atlanta, GA - May 28, 2018

---------- It's a Beautiful World / MRI ----------
01 - Love is All We Have Left
02 - The Blackout
03 - Lights of Home
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Gloria / Van Morrison’s Gloria (snippet)
06 - Beautiful Day
07 - The Ocean
08 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
09 - Cedarwood Road
10 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
11 - The Garden of Love (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Love, Reign O’er Me (snippet) / William Blake’s Introduction to Songs of Experience (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
12 - Elevation
13 - Vertigo / It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) [snippet]
14 - Desire
15 - Acrobat
16 - You're the Best Thing About Me
17 - Staring at the Sun
18 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Get Out of Your Own Way
20 - American Soul
21 - City of Blinding Lights
---------- Women of the World ----------
22 - One / Invisible (snippet)
23 - Love is Bigger Than Anything in It's Way
24 - 13 (There is a Light)

Blame a run of setlists that are somehow more boring than the stagnant snoozefest that was JT30.

JT30 may have been stagnant but they were playing better songs, for the most part. This current set is fixable and flexible but the band is not interested in either, sadly.

Tonight was the most fun I’ve ever had at a U2 show. We were right up close on the e stage and that whole set was incredible. Having the band that close and directly feeding off the energy of the audience is magical. I was amazed at how pumped the crowd was, jumping around and getting hyped for those tunes.

The band was much tighter tonight than in Nashville, and the energy from the crowd was really great throughout. You could tell the band was really feeling it, more so than in Nashville I think. A lot of that probably had to do with how small the venue was, it just compressed things and made it all feel much more immediate. Really neat setting.

Saw it with my brother and he loved it. Has been to almost all the same shows as me and said it was one of the best he has been too. Agrees that 13 as a closer is awful, but it was his only real complaint. (he isn’t the biggest fan of Experience but thought the new songs sounded great)

I know it’s not a great show to follow online, but damn is it fun to be in the building.

I know it’s not a great show to follow online, but damn is it fun to be in the building.

:up: It's easy to be an armchair whiner when it's basically the same songs all the time, but being there really is so much different.

You could say it's.... a little more better. :cool:

I totally missed this tonight because I forgot that Georgia is in the Eastern time zone.

Today was Memorial Day in ‘Merica so maybe that’s why people didn’t bother dropping in. Oh, and setlist predictability.

Tonight was the most fun I’ve ever had at a U2 show. We were right up close on the e stage and that whole set was incredible. Having the band that close and directly feeding off the energy of the audience is magical. I was amazed at how pumped the crowd was, jumping around and getting hyped for those tunes.

The band was much tighter tonight than in Nashville, and the energy from the crowd was really great throughout. You could tell the band was really feeling it, more so than in Nashville I think. A lot of that probably had to do with how small the venue was, it just compressed things and made it all feel much more immediate. Really neat setting.

Saw it with my brother and he loved it. Has been to almost all the same shows as me and said it was one of the best he has been too. Agrees that 13 as a closer is awful, but it was his only real complaint. (he isn’t the biggest fan of Experience but thought the new songs sounded great)

:up::up:

You know what's up!

I was skeptical of the setlist until I saw the show live. It's powerful. You can't really tell from reading a setlist, but The Ocean through The Best Thing is basically one long thematic sequence.

Last edited:
I was there. My 10th U2 show overall and likely the only one I’ll be seeing on this leg of the tour. I would rank it near the top among the 10 shows I’ve seen.

A couple of takeaways. I was very surprised by how the people around me seemed to be really into You’re the Best Thing Me. I didn’t realize the song had registered that well with people. Also, Love is Bigger really shined in the encore. That song would have been a very big hit if they had released it in their prime. Perhaps it can still make a dent on radio.

It’s a little sad that eight minutes of the concert is devoted to Love is All we Have Left and 13, while several other much better songs from the album are left on the shelf. However, I understand the story line they’re trying to follow, and for the most part it works.

I agree. I am just winding down from it. It was a blast. For all of you out there who have not seen it yet I would reccomend that you ignore the setlist crap and just enjoy it. It’s a great show.

Last edited:
I agree. I am just winding down from it. It was a blast. For all of you out there who have not seen it yet I would reccomend that you ignore the setlist crap and just enjoy it. It’s a great show.

2nd that, on paper some of the set looks dull, but man being there and seeing it live, it all worked well and the energy in the building throughout almost the whole show was incredible. I was literally 60 ft from the e stage and was a great seat to experience the venue. I have never seen them in a venue that small and this must have been what it felt like to see them on War or something similar. That 2+ hours sure does go by fast though and now I have no idea when I’ll see them again. :(. And BTW, it was hard to enjoy Acrobat since you’re in such shock they are playing it and don’t want it to end, but it was better than expected, similar to Exit last year on TJT, I thought Exit was actually better, but that Edge solo, WOW!!!

Would have loved to have seen RBW again, but I get it, that part of the set made sense to be shortened, but throw in Red Flag Day guys or one more song somewhere, they could easily play 25-26 songs every night. And what a golden age to be a fan, since 2014, 2 albums, 3 tours, hopefully this pattern will continue for another 10 yrs, but I’d be happy with a couple more albums and tours in that timeframe to say the least.

REE-EST-AUR-ANT!
OH, OH, REE-EST-AUR-ANT!

Only hunger, only hunger can make such rumbles
Only food! Only food can heal such hunger!

Back
Top Bottom