U2.com membership cancellations/refunds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
No one answered my question in the other thread so I made a new one.

I remember seeing at least one post yesterday from someone who was offered a refund after calling in to complain. I just resubscribed before the tour was announced, and because my membership had lapsed earlier this year I paid the full $50. I didn't get a code and I'm furious and want out of this organization.

I'm just looking for info on how to get the refund, if anyone has been successful can you please share anything I need to say to make that happen?

Thanks.

I think there was an 800 phone number you could call in the other thread, will see if I can go back and find it.

Here it is: (855) 867-5297

Last edited:
Just posted this in the other thread...

So after calling here's the information I received. My father's account was chosen for the presale, mine was not. However, she told me that if I am interested in any ADDITIONAL DATES that may be added on 11/20, then I should hold onto my U2 subscription to have the chance to have access to the added dates.

So in summary, they are definitely adding dates, and if you want a chance at those dates, I would hold onto the subscription. She also added that if after all that I do not receive access to the added dates, then I could always call back and get a refund. The number to file a refund is 855-867-5297.

Great thank you so much. At this point I think the band's management can go take a flying fuck. They've hiked prices once again, probably won't have an opening act again despite charging more, and I'd rather try my luck in the general sale and save $50 on the membership fee.

Believe you can use the contact us page on the Help page and select membership refund from the dropdown

I was able to request a refund while on the phone with U2.com this afternoon. I was waiting for a code and never got one. I called to verify if I was eligible I was informed I was not included in the pre-sale so I requested a refund. it was supposed to be submitted for refund.

According to another thread they have actually added an option in the Help drop down menu for verified fan refunds.

The Zootopia forums are pasted at the top to not ask any questions and to direct all inquiries to the help section. This has not been a good look for anything to do with U2, Ticketmaster, Verified Fan, or U2.com.

Ths was a royal screw up in more ways than one it appears.

If I were in that boat, I would wait to see if the band does anything to try and make it right (see Vertigo presales).

Originally Posted by lazarus
Great thank you so much. At this point I think the band's management can go take a flying fuck. They've hiked prices once again, probably won't have an opening act again despite charging more, and I'd rather try my luck in the general sale and save $50 on the membership fee.

That's exactly what i'm doing. Use the $50 on a beer. :D

Just posted this in the other thread...

So after calling here's the information I received. My father's account was chosen for the presale, mine was not. However, she told me that if I am interested in any ADDITIONAL DATES that may be added on 11/20, then I should hold onto my U2 subscription to have the chance to have access to the added dates.

So in summary, they are definitely adding dates, and if you want a chance at those dates, I would hold onto the subscription. She also added that if after all that I do not receive access to the added dates, then I could always call back and get a refund. The number to file a refund is 855-867-5297.

That was the same info I got too. Fingers crossed for more dates

After many calls, and over 6 weeks later, U2.com finally refunded my $50 membership fee a couple days ago.

I noticed when I was looking at my account online, because they never called me or sent me an email telling me they had done so, let alone with any additional apologies.

Fuck these guys (and I don't mean the band, but the ones who handle this whole fan club) in a big way. Unless I see some kind of official, contrite statement or they reach out again in the future (and this would have to include some kind of overhaul of the ticketing system they're now using), I'm never renewing ever again.

Back
Top Bottom