TICKET DROPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hibricc

Refugee
Please post here if you see additional tickets become available for a given show (especially GA), or if you notice a significant price reduction in face value for available tickets on TM.

Ticket drops

These dropped last week. There are tickets in Chicago 2 for $106 that are almost directly next to the stage on either side. These are a few feet from the $300 tickets, and should be a great view! A real bargain, I snagged some myself. So glad I waited to buy tickets!

I’ll bet that at other shows (probably even Chicago 1) tickets in the same spot went for $300.

Now suddenly there are basically no tickets available for St. Louis, Chicago 2 or San Jose 2, down to a few hundred for each. Last week these had hundreds, if not thousands, of unsold seats. I suppose they have their ways. Hold back some of the tickets for awhile, let the rest sell out, and trickle them out slowly. Or maybe let radio stations give them away?

Now suddenly there are basically no tickets available for St. Louis, Chicago 2 or San Jose 2, down to a few hundred for each. Last week these had hundreds, if not thousands, of unsold seats. I suppose they have their ways. Hold back some of the tickets for awhile, let the rest sell out, and trickle them out slowly. Or maybe let radio stations give them away?

Probably all of the above. Create an illusion of low supply to hype demand. As a potential buyer you take the risk of missing out - though I think with this tour and the way ticket sales go nowadays you can always get tickets somewhere.

St Louis GA just dropped! I snagged one. Tickets are only standard delivery, which says 10-14 days. I'm assuming they wouldn't put them up for sale with only that shipping option if they can't get them out with plenty of room to spare before the May 4 show.

Got 'em (St. Louis GAs)! Thank you! Yeah, nervous about the shipping too. I was planning on leaving for Tulsa on Monday/Tuesday. :/

Got 'em (St. Louis GAs)! Thank you! Yeah, nervous about the shipping too. I was planning on leaving for Tulsa on Monday/Tuesday. :/

When I did the 360 thing for St Louis I purchased my ticket about a week before the show and used will call with no problems. I didn't trust the shipping obviously.

I know tickets get released days before an event, but I'm a little surprised there are GA for St Louis available, since it's been a grayed-out section of the venue (TM map) for so long now.

I know tickets get released days before an event, but I'm a little surprised there are GA for St Louis available, since it's been a grayed-out section of the venue (TM map) for so long now.

That’s been the pattern since Elevation. GA “sells out” at initial onsale - then a batch is released within days (or hours) of the show. Only US exceptions are hugely popular cities like LA or NYC, where GA drops aren’t as reliable.

When I did the 360 thing for St Louis I purchased my ticket about a week before the show and used will call with no problems. I didn't trust the shipping obviously.

Will Call wasn't an option, it was $4.50 shipping or nothing! I guess maybe I should call them to see if I can change to will call.

I got GAs for both Tulsa and St Louis this morning.

I used the online chat option to talk to an agent and he was able to change the "standard mail" option to will call after I purchased it.

You should still be able to do that right now too.

I got GAs for both Tulsa and St Louis this morning.

I used the online chat option to talk to an agent and he was able to change the "standard mail" option to will call after I purchased it.

You should still be able to do that right now too.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I just did the same thing.

For people with more experience last-minute ticket shopping: I'm looking at LA2 and a lot of corner 200s seats are now down to $46. There are a lot of middle 200s left, but they are still priced at $330. When will these be discounted? Or will they be pulled and I'm better off snagging a $46 corner now. I'm doing GA for LA1, and if I do LA2 I'd want a cheap seat with a great view of the screen.

This is all subject to how much they change the set between shows. I don't see a point going twice if it's static like JT 2017.

For people with more experience last-minute ticket shopping: I'm looking at LA2 and a lot of corner 200s seats are now down to $46. There are a lot of middle 200s left, but they are still priced at $330. When will these be discounted? Or will they be pulled and I'm better off snagging a $46 corner now. I'm doing GA for LA1, and if I do LA2 I'd want a cheap seat with a great view of the screen.

This is all subject to how much they change the set between shows. I don't see a point going twice if it's static like JT 2017.

Looks like all the 200's have dropped, the highest I see now in middle sections is $176.00, go about 9 rows back they drop to $111.00 and then at row 15 they drop to $81.00

Thanks for the heads up on that. I just did the same thing.

Yes, thanks. I tried calling first and they just said 'wait and call back when it's too late to get the tix via mail/can't change it now'. Chat worked.

It's U2, it's probably going to be the same except for 4-5 songs. I'm in the same ticket boat as you, going to wait and hope for a GA drop but at least there are cheap tickets available as a fallback option. Maybe the day of the show they'll drop some of those $325s to $171?

Yes, thanks. I tried calling first and they just said 'wait and call back when it's too late to get the tix via mail/can't change it now'. Chat worked.

It's U2, it's probably going to be the same except for 4-5 songs. I'm in the same ticket boat as you, going to wait and hope for a GA drop but at least there are cheap tickets available as a fallback option. Maybe the day of the show they'll drop some of those $325s to $171?

Since $46 tickets are on the table, I think I'll go for that if I do show #2. At that price, a 4 song difference is fine by me.

Are they not doing the credit card entry thing for GA's on this tour like they have on the last couple?

Are they not doing the credit card entry thing for GA's on this tour like they have on the last couple?

No.
They used verified fan ticket sales as their ineffective attempt to thwart scalpers this tour.
I have regular hard stock GA tickets on my fridge waiting for late June.

Back
Top Bottom