TICKET DROPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the 3rd tour in 4 years, so inevitable that demand may be less than back in 2005, plus u2 are not as popular as they were back then

They are still extremely popular in Europe ,there is huge demand for most of the cities and Europe has been underplayed over the last few tours .
America is a different story ,its been saturated over the last few tours and the ticket prices were ridiculously high.

Has anyone been following ticket drops for Europe? Was hoping to be able to pick up a GA for Belfast 1. I found it pretty easy to get a few back in 2015 if I checked regularly, wondering if it's the same so far for 2018?

Oddly enough it seems there was a GA ticket drop for Belfast 2 yesterday.

They are still extremely popular in Europe ,there is huge demand for most of the cities and Europe has been underplayed over the last few tours .
America is a different story ,its been saturated over the last few tours and the ticket prices were ridiculously high.

Europe underplayed? they have played Europe about as much as they have N America. and the plentiful availability of tickets now as drops (they did not actually sell out most of the Europe shows) indicates demand is nowhere near as strong as you suggest...

Europe underplayed? they have played Europe about as much as they have N America. and the plentiful availability of tickets now as drops (they did not actually sell out most of the Europe shows) indicates demand is nowhere near as strong as you suggest...

They played 12 outdoor gigs in Europe last year as opposed to 27 in the US .
You only have to have look at ticket prices on Stubhub to see demand is high for the European gigs .

U2 always hold back tickets for gigs to release the week of the gigs irrespective of demand.

They played 12 outdoor gigs in Europe last year as opposed to 27 in the US .
You only have to have look at ticket prices on Stubhub to see demand is high for the European gigs .

U2 always hold back tickets for gigs to release the week of the gigs irrespective of demand.

fair enough on JT30, but it's been pretty even across the markets when you look at I+E and E+I. Maybe i am wrong, i dont study the tour schedule.

but the fact that they only played 12 JT shows in Europe says enough right there. this is not a band who shirks an opportunity to make a buck, if the demand is there.

Yeah I noticed. Belfast 2 has had lots of expensive seats constantly available as well.

Belfast is a crap market , it didn't sell out in 2015 and that's after they slashed the ticket prices .
I saw 180 pound seats reduced to 60 a few days before .

I was tempted to go but its the other end of the country from me.

Anyone seen any activity for London 2?

Been keeping an eye out on AXS for (preferably) GA's but nothing yet. Was there some way of getting alerts for that kind of thing in the past for O2 shows or is it simply a case of checking back randomly?

I'm still waiting for Ticketmaster to send out the tickets for London 2! Only 3 weeks until I get on the plane, they better get their arse into gear.

I'm still waiting for Ticketmaster to send out the tickets for London 2! Only 3 weeks until I get on the plane, they better get their arse into gear.

I haven’t received mine for London 1 yet either.

Don’t stress though, worse case scenario would be you would have to pick them up from the box office

Yeah I think you just need to tell them in advance that you need a duplicate so they'll have one waiting and go pick it up. At least that's what happened with my last ticketmaster purchase. The original tickets turned up in the post two weeks after the event haha

Weird that you haven't got yours yet though Ren (am I right thinking you're in the UK?) my London 1 ticket turned up not long after I bought it and is just sat in a drawer. :huh: which site did you buy it from?

Last edited:
Just got my Manchester #1 tixs had a phone call from TM saying they sent them then 1 Email then a day later....................

Yeah I think you just need to tell them in advance that you need a duplicate so they'll have one waiting and go pick it up. At least that's what happened with my last ticketmaster purchase. The original tickets turned up in the post two weeks after the event haha

Weird that you haven't got yours yet though Ren (am I right thinking you're in the UK?) my London 1 ticket turned up not long after I bought it and is just sat in a drawer. :huh: which site did you buy it from?

Yeah I live in sunny West Bromwich mate. I got the tickets off Ticketmaster. I have had an email saying their still waiting to receive the tickets so I’m not to worried yet :)
Belfast tickets are easy it’s just my debit card [emoji41]

Not had my tickets for London 2, either. I don';t think there is any reason to panic just yet...but if I was flying from overseas, I'd certainly think about getting in touch. I got mine from TM and they sent an email a month or so ago saying they were still waiting for their tickets to arrive. Which is odd, as they'll just be bog standard TN tickets, I'd have thought...

Well shit, apparently there was a London GA drop this afternoon :huh: still, at least they're not for another week.

yup - hoping for another though

on the IE tour they were dropping all the time - although it was 6 shows as opposed to 2.

What are the odds of a ticket drop for Dublin? 0?

Also, is there any way to get floor tickets via re-sellers? Is it ticketless entry?

What are the odds of a ticket drop for Dublin? 0?

Also, is there any way to get floor tickets via re-sellers? Is it ticketless entry?

There have already been a few drops for all Dublin shows, including GA tickets. Just keep the page bookmarked and constantly check it.

Back
Top Bottom