TICKET DROPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm... i think its because these are resale. ticketmaster doesn't give an option to weed out the resale tickets for this show. they are showing the floor in blue right now. on the side it has 3 people selling resale GAs. 184, 188 and 199 for price.

hmmm... i think its because these are resale. ticketmaster doesn't give an option to weed out the resale tickets for this show. they are showing the floor in blue right now. on the side it has 3 people selling resale GAs. 184, 188 and 199 for price.
Everything on the Ticketmaster map you are seeing is resale, you have to go to the venue website for box office tix for Vegas, its thru AXS, not Ticketmaster.

yeah, i screwed up there. they don't even have Friday's show up any more. I really thought they would drop some for both shows.

Yes.
Just scored two GAs for tonight.
There are some still there if anyone needs some for tonight.

How much were they each? May make a day-of decision to go to LA2. Either will do face value GA or buy desperate low-priced tickets (making over saturation work in my favor!)

They was a GA drop for Vegas 2 tonight, coinciding from about the intermission of tonight's show, until about an hour or two after the show finished. All gone now.

I'd expect drops for cheap seats behind the stage. Vegas 1 had them, but Vegas 2 had zero seats available behind the stage. Unusual.

LOL, looks like ticket prices for all remaining 100 section Loges (except behind the stage) for both LA dates have been jacked back up to $330. Even some of the best center 200's are back up to $330 as well. Up until a few days ago, most tickets in the upper 3rd of the lower Loges had been priced down to about $170. I guess now that it looks like the two LA dates will sell out by show time, Ticketmaster feels they can squeeze more money out of last minute buyers who want good seats.

what prices did you all (Edge fan & Bean counter) pay for those recent Vegas GA drops?

Total cost was $192 for two ga. We were able to pickup a 3rd Friday morning before the Saturday Vegas show. Great shows and I hope you can all find your way in.

LOL, looks like ticket prices for all remaining 100 section Loges (except behind the stage) for both LA dates have been jacked back up to $330. Even some of the best center 200's are back up to $330 as well. Up until a few days ago, most tickets in the upper 3rd of the lower Loges had been priced down to about $170. I guess now that it looks like the two LA dates will sell out by show time, Ticketmaster feels they can squeeze more money out of last minute buyers who want good seats.

Wouldn't be so sure about a sellout. There are still 567 tickets available with 27 hours until showtime. At least 60 of those are at the $330 level, and that # has not changed much in the last week.

I guess they want to hold firm. Must be nice when over $100K in lost sales is not enough to make them want to lower prices so they can get something instead of leaving empty seats.

Wouldn't be so sure about a sellout. There are still 567 tickets available with 27 hours until showtime. At least 60 of those are at the $330 level, and that # has not changed much in the last week.

I guess they want to hold firm. Must be nice when over $100K in lost sales is not enough to make them want to lower prices so they can get something instead of leaving empty seats.

~500 tickets remaining in a 17,500 seat venue is already virtual sellout.

They’ll sell/give away a shitload of those tickets right before the show. Both of these LA shows will appear sold out to the naked eye. Sometimes this can be done by selling 15 tickets in a row of 20, and having people spread out. Things like that.

much of this has already been discussed but here is an interesting and relevant peice in today's Wall St Journal about the lack-of-sellout 'issue' with Taylor Swift's Reputation Tour. Net-net: lack of sellouts is neither surprising, nor a real issue.

The economics of U2's tour may be a bit different but the principles are the same.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-em...fts-concerts-are-good-for-business-1526385600

Yup. And it looks like StubHub prices rose a tad again to just under that range, after being in the $50-ish area a few days ago!

Back
Top Bottom