The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5ae1e6287cf3d.image.jpg

if i was in the band i'd be irritated as fuck seeing the same faces at the very front night after night after night.

i can't see how managing week-long lineups for an entire summer, unpaid, just so you can be 6 inches closer at the same show you're probably going to see 15 more times doesn't make someone an idiot.

Last edited:
if i was in the band i'd be irritated as fuck seeing the same faces at the very front night after night after night.

i can't see how managing week-long lineups for an entire summer, unpaid, just so you can be 6 inches closer at the same show you're probably going to see 15 more times doesn't make someone an idiot.

That, and the stage/catwalk/E-stage has so much 'front row' area. I walked in 20 minutes before a show in montreal on IE and was 3rd row for the E-stage section and was able to move around the rest of the time

At least it's at the arena and clearly visible... for now, at least. I have no issue if someone wants to waste away on line for days at the venue in full public view.

It's the shady "meet me in the Denny's parking lot between 9 pm and 6 am" horse shit that really grinds my gears.

Well, they've now been kicked off arena property and are at a pizza place.

That, and the stage/catwalk/E-stage has so much 'front row' area. I walked in 20 minutes before a show in montreal on IE and was 3rd row for the E-stage section and was able to move around the rest of the time

exactly. i walked onto the arena floor as "people have the power" was playing and immediately walked straight up to about 3 or 4 people back from the catwalk and had tons of room to move around, leave to get a beer etc. waiting nearly a week just to be literally 3 feet closer and unable to move for the entire show without losing your precious spot is wasteful stupidity. surely there must be a better use of your time. if there isn't one then holy shit your life is lame.

JT30 was different because it was in the skydome but even still i was able to enter the stadium about 20 min before U2 came on and i still got a decent spot in the middle of the floor. there was a lot less space though because they obviously sold a higher proportion of GA tickets at the stadium vs the arena.

Always a source of humor for us, but luckily I'm more immune to the drama after last year's tour! For two of my GA shows last summer, I got there 10 minutes or an hour before doors opened and didn't die or have a heart attack. So yes, the "list" is not life or death, kind people!

I'm not in Tulsa yet, but I will be. Does that make me eligible for a number now? Can I GA from my couch four hours away?

For one of the 2015 London shows we were in the bar until after 7pm then walked right in and got 2-3 rows back from E-stage. It's very easy to panic about not getting a good position but with this stage setup there is simply no need.

In 2015 Chicago, I too put drinking at the bar with my friends ahead of lining up for GA. Walked into the arena at 7:45pm and was about 3 people deep from the b-stage. Can’t beat that!

Now the JT stadium shows last year were a different story. I got there plenty early and still had a shitty spot.

For one of the 2015 London shows we were in the bar until after 7pm then walked right in and got 2-3 rows back from E-stage. It's very easy to panic about not getting a good position but with this stage setup there is simply no need.

That’s good to know!

I'm actually more concerned about the weather at this point than being on some stupid list. Hopefully it turns out okay but forecasters are predicting thunderstorms, some possibly severe, and this is May in Oklahoma after all. If you are aware of the history then you should know anything can happen here.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Tulsa+OK+USOK0537:1:US

We’re under a Severe Alert for Wednesday afternoon up here, but I’ll hopefully be in Oklahoma by then. Although that might not make any difference if you’re getting it, too. They’re saying hail and tornadoes for us. Sounds like winter is really over and now it’s Go Time.

Back
Top Bottom