The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at the Paris show last year, there were some super fans from America nearby, and we overheard them telling other people that they'd been to a bazillion shows on the JT tour, and they genuinely looked bored/tired during the whole gig,

I was by and talked with some people who had really low numbers (like under 20), and they did not seem to recognize most songs from SoE, and looked bored during those parts. I also saw another group of people on the floor who pulled up the setlist and scowled for almost the entire show.

I'm not here to say who and who is more deserving of a ticket, but I'm sure there was someone who'd be stoked to be on the floor where you're scowling. Seeing this band is a treat, fucking enjoy it.

I have no issue with anyone who goes and sees a ton of shows, and I don't even have issue with a bone who wants to camp out a lot. If that's your thing and you can afford it, hey good on you. I have a number of people who I'd consider a friend who would qualify under the flag of "super fan", who have seen shows numbering in the triple digits, but who aren't scheming their way to the front of the line or anything like that (one of them in particular is someone who many people THINK does these kind of things, but I know from personal experience that he does not)

It's the people who try and hide the list, or push forward because they're trying to get on stage, or leave early so they can line up again... these people suck.

)

It's the people who try and hide the list, or push forward because they're trying to get on stage, or leave early so they can line up again... these people suck.

Exactly. If you want to and can line up, have at it, just ....stay in line....getting a rub and tug at the hotel spa while your name is on a list and then popping by the venue once a day does not constitute as lining up.

Exactly. If you want to and can line up, have at it, just ....stay in line....getting a rub and tug at the hotel spa while your name is on a list and then popping by the venue once a day does not constitute as lining up.

Need some release, release, release...

landscape-1478085197-bono-amy-poehler.gif

So, some locals have started the Vegas 1 GA line. Seriously. The usuals are pissed because they are still in San Jose. So. Much. Stupid.

LOL. For the SD JT show two groups were literally racing each other thru the night from Phoenix to be first in line.

At the 2009 Rose Bowl I ended up with 3 or 4 different numbers/bands due to competing lists and then of course the infamous stampede made it all meaningless. So nutty!

Last edited:
LOL. For the SD JT show two groups were literally racing each other thru the night from Phoenix to be first in line.

At the 2009 Rose Bowl I ended up with 3 or 4 different numbers/bands due to competing lists and then of course the infamous stampede made it all meaningless. So nutty!

Yeah, the guys on the Facebook group were just grousing that the list shouldn't have started until after the SJ2 show. Honestly, doing a list for a setup like this is just stupid anyway but I also love seeing the line nazis get their panties in a twist.

And yes, the infamous Rose Bowl show. This was before I knew about the lists, so I just showed up at 7 or so for a spot in line. I found out later about the dueling lists. Then the security fail happened and it was all for naught. Luckily, I kept to the edge of the mob and didn't get crushed.

Oh and since I don't live near the Forum, the LA1 line has now started at the Wetzel's Pretzels at Union Station with check ins at 8am and 6pm, provided I don't miss my train.

And yes, the infamous Rose Bowl show. This was before I knew about the lists, so I just showed up at 7 or so for a spot in line. I found out later about the dueling lists. Then the security fail happened and it was all for naught. Luckily, I kept to the edge of the mob and didn't get crushed.

Oh and since I don't live near the Forum, the LA1 line has now started at the Wetzel's Pretzels at Union Station with check ins at 8am and 6pm, provided I don't miss my train.

The Rose Bowl was our first GA experience, trial by fire i guess!

Can I check in now remotely? Otherwise, my wife is currently at a Starbucks about 100 miles south, I can text her now to start the LA1 list there. Or does it have to be in LA proper to count as an official unofficial list?

We are currently building a check-in app for Verified Fans to manage the queue more efficiently. The check-ins are location based and can't be faked. After the initial check-in point is divulged on the app, your phone's GPS must register within a defined geofence (roughly 1 square mile perimeter surrounding the designated offsite pizza/donut/coffee place of choice) to count as a check-in. Push notifications will prompt you for attendance during each subsequent check-in window.

The app offers complete transparency: every user will be able to see where in the line they are behind the users with Verified Gold Status. Verified Gold Status is reserved for those users who are holding tickets for 10 or more shows in a single leg, been brought on stage by Bono, have tweeted to Guy Oseary and/or have displayed a sufficient sense of self-importance to qualify.

On show day, the app will send a push notification directing you to the GA entrance at roughly 5pm local time, where you will ceremoniously - yes, there will be a ceremony - take your place ahead of the Unverified Fans who have been waiting in line outside the venue all day. If you think they're mad at that point, just wait until they find out the band isn't playing "Streets." Don't worry, this is probably the last time you'll ever see them because you'll be on the rail. Unverified Fans will be, like, maybe right behind you on the rail. Or next to you. Depends on the venue.

The app icon is being finalized, but the current plan is for it to be that fanclub keychain you lost in 2002 or the cover of Duals.

at the Paris show last year, there were some super fans from America nearby, and we overheard them telling other people that they'd been to a bazillion shows on the JT tour, and they genuinely looked bored/tired during the whole gig, it clearly wasn't a unique experience for them, and they left early, at the beginning of what they thought was the last song, and then we got a surprise I Will Follow :lol:

also at Bercy, back in 2015, there was a whole group of people on the rail of the e-stage who left the gig early, as soon as the band had finished with the e-stage and gone back to main stage and they just pushed their way out through the crowd while the concert was still going on - omg now i'm wondering if they were getting ready to queue again or something

I saw about a dozen people leave early during Boston 1 in 2015 to start the list while they were doing One-oke. Joke was on them, they pulled out an impromptu performance of 40. :lol:

We are currently building a check-in app for Verified Fans to manage the queue more efficiently. The check-ins are location based and can't be faked. After the initial check-in point is divulged on the app, your phone's GPS must register within a defined geofence (roughly 1 square mile perimeter surrounding the designated offsite pizza/donut/coffee place of choice) to count as a check-in. Push notifications will prompt you for attendance during each subsequent check-in window.

The app offers complete transparency: every user will be able to see where in the line they are behind the users with Verified Gold Status. Verified Gold Status is reserved for those users who are holding tickets for 10 or more shows in a single leg, been brought on stage by Bono, have tweeted to Guy Oseary and/or have displayed a sufficient sense of self-importance to qualify.

On show day, the app will send a push notification directing you to the GA entrance at roughly 5pm local time, where you will ceremoniously - yes, there will be a ceremony - take your place ahead of the Unverified Fans who have been waiting in line outside the venue all day. If you think they're mad at that point, just wait until they find out the band isn't playing "Streets." Don't worry, this is probably the last time you'll ever see them because you'll be on the rail. Unverified Fans will be, like, maybe right behind you on the rail. Or next to you. Depends on the venue.

The app icon is being finalized, but the current plan is for it to be that fanclub keychain you lost in 2002 or the cover of Duals.

Post of the thread, right here.

I'm Gonna Get the Rail Even If I Don't Get the Rail Tonight?

IMG_1004.JPG

I honestly thought all this insanity couldn’t be real. The I saw these directions. Can’t make this shit up, folks.

Last edited:
I don't believe they have the required Verified Gold Status but need more water and ice before coming to a conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom