The List Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way - All GA Line Drama Discussions Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We’re under a Severe Alert for Wednesday afternoon up here, but I’ll hopefully be in Oklahoma by then. Although that might not make any difference if you’re getting it, too. They’re saying hail and tornadoes for us. Sounds like winter is really over and now it’s Go Time.

It seems like the bigger threat for Wed is more central Oklahoma. and for Tulsa it would be Thursday, so that's a good thing i suppose. However you can't rule anything out. If there are storms early in the day then that might be a good sign as it could take away from the energy later on in the day, which is typically when the super cells form and go crazy.

As you well know, anything can happen, hopefully it won't. The past couple of days have been absolutely beautiful so i guess spring is finally here.

It seems like the bigger threat for Wed is more central Oklahoma. and for Tulsa it would be Thursday, so that's a good thing i suppose. However you can't rule anything out. If there are storms early in the day then that might be a good sign as it could take away from the energy later on in the day, which is typically when the super cells form and go crazy.

As you well know, anything can happen, hopefully it won't. The past couple of days have been absolutely beautiful so i guess spring is finally here.

maybe there will be a conflux of torandos that wipe away the GA liners on Monday or Tuesday. that would be something.

:huh: This makes me not wanna with the ga anymore haah i'm going to Tulsa no I haven't decided on a ticket yet. I did a seat at U2 once. I'm not sure which way I want to go yet. This makes me lean against GA though. I'll be getting into town mid morning tuesday. :hyper:

giphy.gif

:huh: This makes me not wanna with the ga anymore haah i'm going to Tulsa no I haven't decided on a ticket yet. I did a seat at U2 once. I'm not sure which way I want to go yet. This makes me lean against GA though. I'll be getting into town mid morning tuesday. :hyper:

Don’t let the early lineup nonsense discourage your from doing GA. As others have mentioned, you can walk in at 7:30 (or even later) and get a spot three deep from the rail. This stage setup has TONS of rail space.

Don’t let the early lineup nonsense discourage your from doing GA. As others have mentioned, you can walk in at 7:30 (or even later) and get a spot three deep from the rail. This stage setup has TONS of rail space.

This makes the notion of a list seem even more ridiculous.

All of the above, and in addition to it all, over 1/2 of the show will likely be played away from the main stage. Why anyone would want to wait in line to be at the furthest point from where half the show will be played is beyond comprehension. :down:

Hell, I was 2 back from the front stage at MSG when I walked in at doors in 2015. It just ain't necessary anymore. Walked in after doors for 3 of the JT30 shows I saw and my view was incredible... and I'm not tall.

Hell, I was 2 back from the front stage at MSG when I walked in at doors in 2015. It just ain't necessary anymore. Walked in after doors for 3 of the JT30 shows I saw and my view was incredible... and I'm not tall.

During the second Chicago show last summer, I got there 10 minutes before doors and found a nice place by Larry's kit maybe 3-4 people deep. By the time the show went to the main stage, I was right behind the people on the rail (who I'm guessing lined up all day) and at times maybe had 2 or 3 feet of room around me. Even though I didn't have a rail to put my arms on, that's probably my most comfortable GA experience ever!

Similar spot in Minneapolis, although not half as comfortable. A lot more crowded for whatever reason!

Stole my response. Do you have to keep touching the car to keep your place in line?

No, you just have to check in at 6 am, noon, and 10 pm. And maybe check the oil once. :D

The Kansas City JT show was the worst experience in GA I've had yet. There were really tall people in front of me and I got body slammed by a drunk couple who forced their way in front of me and then stood there and made out. I think I'm still bitter about that and a little pessimistic about Tulsa. But that's a different crowd.

The Kansas City JT show was the worst experience in GA I've had yet. There were really tall people in front of me and I got body slammed by a drunk couple who forced their way in front of me and then stood there and made out. I think I'm still bitter about that and a little pessimistic about Tulsa. But that's a different crowd.
Wow that sucks. I did the line thing in Dallas and KC was 21 and 40 and got the same spot both times on JT... I can and can't believe people were so rude. :( Yes Tulsa is a different crowd!!! Where you from?

:rolleyes: That really makes me mad. Who says that's the GA line? It's a car, for Pete's sake!

Nope, I'm not going to be bitter. Just calm down. Serenity now.

I wish we knew what garage the cars in and could report it for suspicious activity I don't think you're supposed to chill in a car in a garage long term :shifty:

Sounds like my experience in Foxboro. Packed in like sardines with lots of concertgoers (not even "fans") who were just there to drink and listen to Joshua Tree live. I chalk it up to a combination of the stage design and an oversold GA. Expecting e+I GA to be more like I+e was in 2015, with lots of friendly FANS and space to move around.

Sounds like my experience in Foxboro. Packed in like sardines with lots of concertgoers (not even "fans") who were just there to drink and listen to Joshua Tree live. I chalk it up to a combination of the stage design and an oversold GA. Expecting e+I GA to be more like I+e was in 2015, with lots of friendly FANS and space to move around.
Only hardcore fans are allowedin GA?

I had the same experience at Foxboro for JT30 in GA. It was frustrating...so much pushing and shoving, lots of drunk people and one 'woman' who felt the need to yell at and shove my 65 yo father simply because he wanted to stand next to my mother during the show. Rudest GA crowd I've experienced. We ended up moving to the back of the field half way through the show.

Only hardcore fans are allowedin GA?

Straw man much? If you bought a ticket, you're allowed in, casual or hardcore. But people who are interested in actually watching the show are more fun for me to be around than those who arrive drunk because they're just going for the scene. Doesn't mean I want them banned.

Straw man much? If you bought a ticket, you're allowed in, casual or hardcore. But people who are interested in actually watching the show are more fun for me to be around than those who arrive drunk because they're just going for the scene. Doesn't mean I want them banned.

That, and I'm pretty sure your original post made no suggestion of "Only hardcore fans are allowedin GA?".

Back
Top Bottom