SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is silly for two reasons.

1. I highly doubt you bought a refundable plane ticket

2. Come on man, it's Vegas. If the show sucks just hit the blackjack tables.

1. It's Southwest so I can cancel up to 5 minutes before the flight and get a credit for use in the next year.
2. I'm going solo and maybe meeting up with a couple buddies. Feels like the time is maybe better spent with the wife and family. After all that Sunday is mother's day.

In the end I just don't get the safe rehearsals.
With the price point for tix there aren't going to be a lot of casual fans paying these ticket prices. Most of the people in the buildings have heard a lot of those songs before.

✔️ take three months away from interference
✔️ come back to interference before the tour
✔️ immediately see a debate if people at a U2 concert would recognize a U2 song off of one of U2's most popular albums
✔️ watch people freak out over rehearsals that we're not even supposed to hear
✔️ see posts where people express regret over buying tickets to a tour where a show hasn't even been played
✔️ regret logging back onto interference dot com

[emoji818]️ take three months away from interference
[emoji818]️ come back to interference before the tour
[emoji818]️ immediately see a debate if people at a U2 concert would recognize a U2 song off of one of U2's most popular albums
[emoji818]️ watch people freak out over rehearsals that we're not even supposed to hear
[emoji818]️ see posts where people express regret over buying tickets to a tour where a show hasn't even been played
[emoji818]️ regret logging back onto interference dot com
But who will protect this house?

1. It's Southwest so I can cancel up to 5 minutes before the flight and get a credit for use in the next year.
2. I'm going solo and maybe meeting up with a couple buddies. Feels like the time is maybe better spent with the wife and family. After all that Sunday is mother's day.

In the end I just don't get the safe rehearsals.
With the price point for tix there aren't going to be a lot of casual fans paying these ticket prices. Most of the people in the buildings have heard a lot of those songs before.
But Vegas.

I kind of like what I am seeing in rehearsals. For reasons passing understanding I guess they will finally play Acrobat for all those clamoring for it. Personally it's the my least favorite song from Achtung and I would much rather see Tryin to Throw Your Arms or Love Is Blindness but whatever.

Looking forward to Hold Me Thrill Me in a small arena. I think that will be good. The Ocean? Ehh... was hoping for An Cat and Into The Heart but... I am happy to get back indoors and close up. Can't wait to see what they do with the new songs.

I just hope they don't fall back on to a bunch of the old SOI songs with the same visuals as the previous i+e tour.

My gut tells me they may be going in that lazy direction since they may not have had enough time to get great visuals or performance elements for some of the different songs. Maybe after the first couple rehearsals they realized they'd need to pull in Iris or Cedarwood because they couldn't get ready in time for the other stuff. Admittedly those were awesome visuals in the last tour, but I don't want to sacrifice Acrobat for Raised By Wolves (which is a terrible song IMO).

I'm just starting to think that they are either terrible at planning, or they can't get their shit together in time. Just like that time on the i+e tour when they talked a bit game about the two nights in each city being 'different' with one as Innocence and the other as Experience...but by the end it was the same both nights.

So far with these recent rehearsals I find it interesting how this tour’s setlist is evolving a little like ZooTV’s in that you have some new e/i songs that are making their way in like Zooropa’s songs but then you have sections that might remain the same from the earlier tour. If you look at the overall setlists from ZooTV from first leg to final leg they kept a majority of songs the exact same at the beginning & end of the show. That may be the model for this tour. Introduce new album in pieces but keep a lot of the original show. E/I’s album release time wise would’ve been like Zooropa without the delays due to health reasons or whatnot.

So with that ZooTV comparison I think we might see more change ups in the setlist than the later ZooTV legs had. Yes, granted those were two amazing albums in AB & Zooropa so you can argue I’d take a stagnant setlist with those albums any day over i/e & e/i. But I don’t think they’re totally mailing it in if they holdover 4-5 songs exactly in succession from i/e.

Last edited:
That makes sense but it feels really odd with a totally separate tour between the two halves.

I thought Cedarwood Road, Iris & RBW all dramatically improved live over the album cuts, more than I ever expected. I’m hoping they can deliver on the e/i songs the same. The Blackout and The Little Things live cuts from last year give me hope. It will be a rotten shame if The Little Things is not performed. They nailed that Spotify live studio recording.

Last edited:
On the bright side, about half the show won't be a repeat. And of that half, there are a handful of songs that I know I'll be happy hearing.

That’s 25 songs not including the first 2 pre-recorded songs. That’s a respectable # of songs in U2’s world. So frickin spoiled by Pearl Jam’s live catalog. Still I have high hopes.

Definitely liking the length of the set, yeah. 8 songs from the new album (played live) is surprising as well... but unfortunate (and unsurprising) that it doesn't include the two best songs on the album (Little Things, Red Flag Day)

I hope Showman and Red Flag Day can rotate at some point. And damn it, why not end the show with Little Things again. At least there's some energy and classic U2 in there. 13 is just going to put everybody to sleep. I'm not sure how they are going to pull off 13 without it being a total snooze fest. Could be the worst closer they've ever done.

So basically, they chickened out of Acrobat, and retreated back to the IE tour template. I imagine Wild Horses might rotate with something, but I’ll lay money down they won’t play Acrobat at all. Because U2.

People also liked those two albums

I like both SOI and SOE just fine. But for a “classic rock band” like U2 to charge what they are charging, and still play so many new songs, and play NOTHING from their most successful album... well it’s all just so confusing! I’m sure when I’m there in person I’ll love the show, but the set list is a bit of a head scratcher.

I like both SOI and SOE just fine. But for a “classic rock band” like U2 to charge what they are charging, and still play so many new songs, and play NOTHING from their most successful album... well it’s all just so confusing! I’m sure when I’m there in person I’ll love the show, but the set list is a bit of a head scratcher.
By people I mean those outside of these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom