SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to setlist: I'm slightly (actually very) annoyed by this Iris video they posted. Now bragging about playing a song that's been played every single night of the i+e tour? WTF? :doh:

That's what I thought :) think some of the comments on instagram show it wasn't just me or you either :)

Iris was OK for one tour, but it's a very average song. If they want to play SOI on this tour (which I totally approve) they have much better songs to play.
They are putting all the efforts on staging and music is just left behind. No Pop songs, no Zooropa, rotating AB songs (come on!), no Reach Me Now, no Troubles... probably they will also avoid SOE's better songs just because.:|

You're a spotlight

188496_2.jpg

those aren't arena spotlights, but it's also not AR. it's just some sort of effect on the video itself.

I just watched the new instagram clip in a dark room for several minutes (yup, i'm a nerd) and it looks like there are some type of hologram that is being projected onto the GA audience. To me it looked like being on the open ocean during a storm and the 'spotlights' are actually rain.

Last edited:
As if Bono needed more reasons to add rain-related snippets

I just watched the new instagram clip in a dark room for several minutes (yup, i'm a nerd) and it looks like there are some type of hologram that is being projected onto the GA audience. To me it looked like being on the open ocean during a storm and the 'spotlights' are actually rain.

After the above post, I went over to u2songs.com to look at the most recent 'setlist'. As it turns out, The Ocean comes right before Iris, and I believe the instagram video is from Iris. Pretty awesome I think! :drool:

Iris is definitely shortened, which I think will work well to keep it moving. Sounds like they took out the first pre chorus and chorus entirely. It really is a great song.

Iris and RBW were one of the worst songs from the I+E tour.

I actually thought they were really good, but it was the tour for the record. I don't really have any desire to see them again. No doubt I'll enjoy it when I'm there though

That's what I thought :) think some of the comments on instagram show it wasn't just me or you either :)

Love the song, but it's a baffling choice to promote the tour on social media. They should be teasing new SOE songs (Blackout, Lights of Home, Love Is Bigger would work nicely) or surprises for fans (the Horses tease a few weeks back is a good example). The goal should be to differentiate this upcoming tour from the 2015 tour or the JT one last year.

Last edited:
I think it's right to leave TJT off this tour. Those songs need to rest because Bono has been singing them (and a lot of classics like Bad, SBS, Pride, etc.) for a long time with a lot of apathy.

A good setlist in my opinion would be something like this (some rare tracks and bringing Pop and NLOTH back):

SET 1

Love Is All We Have Left (only Bono)
The Blackout
Lights Of Home
You're The Best Thing About Me
Get Out Of Your Own Way
Beautiful Day
Gone
Last Night On Earth
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Acrobat
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me

SET 2
Raised By Wolves
Cedarwood Road
In A Little While
Staring At The Sun
No Line On The Horizon
Breathe
Mysterious Ways (long version)
Dirty Day

ENCORE

Hawkmoon 269
American Soul
Every Breaking Wave (full band)
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
13 (There Is A Light)

WOW! Now that's a setlist! Although I'd still like to sneak Streets in somewhere, it's like my own blue craic.... I don't think i can see a show without it.

except a weak setlist.
I'll give them this... I didn't expect that run of songs to be as good on i/e as it was. Iris to Until The End Of The World was as good a live stretch as they've ever done, thanks to the story telling and visual components.

So I'll at least allow them the chance to convince me that this set doesn't suck (as it certainly does on paper)

the more time goes by and the more i hear about the plans for the show, the happier i am that i'm not spending hundreds of dollars to see this tour. other than possibly getting acrobat nothing about this has really excited me, and tbh my enthusiasm for hearing it is a lot less than it would have been had i never heard RHMT finally played live.

very happy that i'm spending half the price of a U2 ticket to see all 7 TDE artists on tour instead. :up:

WOW! Now that's a setlist! Although I'd still like to sneak Streets in somewhere, it's like my own blue craic.... I don't think i can see a show without it.

get rid of the stinking flaming turd that is American Soul. Replace it with Streets, and move EBW up to earlier in the set. if they need to do AS (they will, just like they forced Boots down everyone's throats on 360) then they should get it out of the way early. Maybe after Blackout.

and sorry but they can't end on 13. it's not even a real song.

Encore of Acrobat, WGRYWH, Streets. Thanks for giving us a great life. Goodnight.

Just watched the Iris video on my computer (vs phone earlier). Looks as if there as a sort of net infront of the camera. Strange, what is this? Just a weird video filter thing? Or related to the show?

This hardcore U2 fan needs this rumored setlist like a fish needs a bicycle...

I have my flight and hotel booked, but no tix to either vegas show.
I am thinking of scrapping the trip based on these rumored songs practiced.
Feels like I've seen a majority of the songs over the last two tours.
I can get comfortable with no JT songs, but then they're gonna play SBS, BD, IWF which were played nearly every show the last couple tours??

Acrobat and Horses I can get behind too. A section of the show that features red flag day, summer of love and throw in seconds and refugee would be awesome. They are missing out on a huge opportunity to play the same sequence of six songs that ends the first half of the show. Sounds lazy to me.

This hardcore U2 fan needs this rumored setlist like a fish needs a bicycle...

I have my flight and hotel booked, but no tix to either vegas show.
I am thinking of scrapping the trip based on these rumored songs practiced.
Feels like I've seen a majority of the songs over the last two tours.
I can get comfortable with no JT songs, but then they're gonna play SBS, BD, IWF which were played nearly every show the last couple tours??

Acrobat and Horses I can get behind too. A section of the show that features red flag day, summer of love and throw in seconds and refugee would be awesome. They are missing out on a huge opportunity to play the same sequence of six songs that ends the first half of the show. Sounds lazy to me.

This is silly for two reasons.

1. I highly doubt you bought a refundable plane ticket

2. Come on man, it's Vegas. If the show sucks just hit the blackjack tables.

get rid of the stinking flaming turd that is American Soul. Replace it with Streets, and move EBW up to earlier in the set. if they need to do AS (they will, just like they forced Boots down everyone's throats on 360) then they should get it out of the way early. Maybe after Blackout.

and sorry but they can't end on 13. it's not even a real song.

Indeed.... American Soul is an abomination.... Supplant Streets in it's spot and you REALLY got something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom