SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Anything from Pop is appreciated, but SATS isn't really what I think most people have been clamouring for.

Yep. I'm wondering if there'll be an intermission after UTEOTW again. Trying to pick where the encore break is. Before or after One seems most likely. On the one hand, having One as the big emotional main set closer makes more sense than COBL, but on the other, the encore wouldn't just be Love Is Bigger and 13. So definitely it's still a set in evolution.
It looks to me like they're going to take the best visuals from the first half, Cedarwood Road, Song For Someone, Until The End Of The World and play them the same way.

So end of the world ends the first set again, but this time Hold Me Thrill Me starts the second set, inside the screen. Then they do the influx mix as everyone walks out to the e stage, and go into full band elevation on the e stage.

I'd also guess that City will end the second set, and One starts the encore.

It's a pretty good run, actually. I'd like to see them open the encore with Streets instead, but we'll see if they hold to their no JT songs. They could do their inevitable (red) / human rights video over an extended musical interlude connecting the end of City to Streets. A prolonged organ, if you will (heh).

Actually I take that back... Start encore with One, but add in Little Things instead of 13, and have Little Things go into Streets. End with the emotional high of Streets. Send everyone out bubling over with joy

Last edited:
Wow, lots of exciting stuff, some surprising deep cuts. (An Cat Dubh??) and some surprising omissions. (Have to assume Streets will be there.... right?)

I would absolutely sub out Little Things for 13 to close the show, cmon lads it’s your best song in 20 years. I like Headaches idea, ending with Streets would actually be an awesome ending.

Also random but I really like the Ibflux Elevation mix, at least as an intro into the rest of the song. Them walking out to it on the Elevation tour with the lights on was incredibly badass.

Last edited:
If they stick with who's gonna ride your wild horses / acrobat / until the end of the world to end the main set, this should easily rival their best live three-song streak.

I want to get excited about this but it'll be 2037 before they'll be here again.

I'm only speaking for myself here but if they don't play Streets, I would be incredibly disappointed. If they don't play With or Without You, that would also be a big let down.

Listen, I get everyone in this place has heard those songs 100x live but what makes them special is that even hearing them 100x, they are STILL highlights in the show. I can't imagine many fans are excited at the prospect of paying $350 to hear 13, American Soul or the Ocean vs Streets and With or Without You.

I agree, it's hard to envision Streets being left out. It's a great big happy moment / highlight of the show and the band loves the energy it generates.

Axver: have there been many shows in the past 30 years where they didn't play Streets??

I agree that no matter what they say, a tour without any jt songs at some point is unthinkable.

I love Streets and I would take it over shitfests like American Soul, Best Thing, or whatever, not to mention played-to-death older songs like Beautiful Day or Elevation. But I'm not hung up about it.

I'm thrilled they aren't rehearsing ISHFWILF and WOWY. The former has turned into karaoke too much too often, and WOWY has been shit live more often than not for the past couple of decades. It was unbearable on JT30 with Bono yelling "a song for the lovers! Lovers!" rather than doing Shine Like Stars or Love Will Tear Us Apart, or just letting the band finish.

I agree, it's hard to envision Streets being left out. It's a great big happy moment / highlight of the show and the band loves the energy it generates.

Axver: have there been many shows in the past 30 years where they didn't play Streets??

Yes, one: 18 November 1989, Sydney.

If you're willing to expand that to past 31 years, then it also missed 12 shows in 1987.

Those are the only regular tour gigs it has missed since its debut on 2 April 1987.

As someone who is going to their first show since the Vertigo tour, and taking their son to his first rock show ever, this set list excites me.

I would love to hear Red Flag Day and Summer of Love live, so hopefully those will sneak in, but so far, this all seems like a great start.

As someone who is going to their first show since the Vertigo tour, and taking their son to his first rock show ever, this set list excites me.

I would love to hear Red Flag Day and Summer of Love live, so hopefully those will sneak in, but so far, this all seems like a great start.

How old is your son? I only ask because my son is 6, and he seems to really be interested in u2. Last summer when I went to Cleveland to see U2 with my friends, he was really upset that he wasn't going too. I think if I wait until the next tour he'll definitely be old enough by then (hopefully there is a next tour).

Surprised to see a rehearsal this extensive with so much time left until opening. Curious to see what gets modified.

Surprised to see no Streets of SBS. I'd like to say they get added later, but missing even one show is huge. I remember thinking the same thing about One before i+e and Vertigo before JT 2017, and they both missed a significant number of shows on those tours. I'd slot Streets in after COBL (the back end is missing the kind of high point Streets could provide). I've gone into the last two tours expect SBS to take a break, so maybe this will be it.

Not as surprised by no Little Things; since it disappeared in the back part of JT 2017, I figured they didn't feel confident performing it. Shame.

Last edited:
The problem is they played "Little Things" at the END of the show, and the casual fans headed for the exits. Bono probably saw this and lost his confidence in Little Things, so they'll never play it again.

I'm sort of kidding. I think they should play it and drop any other new song.

How old is your son? I only ask because my son is 6, and he seems to really be interested in u2. Last summer when I went to Cleveland to see U2 with my friends, he was really upset that he wasn't going too. I think if I wait until the next tour he'll definitely be old enough by then (hopefully there is a next tour).

He's 12 and this is the first time he's expressed definite interest in the whole GA experience so we're going full throttle on this one.

Technically, it's his second rock show. First time he was in my wife's belly, about a month away from joining the world. And that was the Vertigo show.

You didn't ask me, but I'll drop in
I took my son last year to Rome to se JT30, and it was perfect. He loved it...he wants to go again. And he was 6 back then.
But we had seats..I took care to be as far away from the stage as possible, bought earplugs for him etc.

This year I'm going to Copenhagen and am not bringing him with me. It's much louder in arenas..and also - I want to experience the concert fully without constant distraction and care about he is it for him. Selfish, but there you go [emoji1]

Their mindset must be that they were a great live band before 1987,therefore, a U2 tour can survive the absence of Streets and WOWY.But it would be pure stubborness on their part by sticking to their guns with the no Joshua Tree songs for this tour.

I like the opening with 3 SOE songs.But Love is Bigger.... has to be to closing song of the gig.

Last edited:
Who's ready for Song for Someone x2.5?????!?!

This could be my worst concert nightmare come to life.

I'm thrilled at some of the stuff being rehearsed, but when I saw the list that looks like a full run though and SFS was in their twice, early and late, couldn't help thinking they're just stupid enough to give it the Vertigo "true encore" treatment.

Surprised to see a rehearsal this extensive with so much time left until opening. Curious to see what gets modified.

Surprised to see no Streets of SBS. I'd like to say they get added later, but missing even one show is huge. I remember thinking the same thing about One before i+e and Vertigo before JT 2017, and they both missed a significant number of shows on those tours. I'd slot Streets in after COBL (the back end is missing the kind of high point Streets could provide). I've gone into the last two tours expect SBS to take a break, so maybe this will be it.

Not as surprised by no Little Things; since it disappeared in the back part of JT 2017, I figured they didn't feel confident performing it. Shame.

I’m not surprised that we haven’t seen Streets or SBS, they recently finished The Joshua Tree Tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom