SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No rehearsals the last couple of days?

Rehearsals tonight. The equipment has been moved back into the arena and the boys have arrived.

Really want to see some surprises in terms of songs being rehearsed. Anything such as Kite, Gone, Miracle Drug, Magnificent will be really good signs of some rarities for this tour. Hopefully the next batch of “new” songs being rehearsed aren’t the likes of Streets and Sunday Bloody Sunday etc

http://www.u2songs.com/news/spoilers_u2eitour_rehearsal_day_six_report_april_14_2018

Tonight the band has worked uninterrupted on a number of songs taking just short breaks between songs, instead of the longer breaks they took during earlier nights.

We’ve heard the following songs:

“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” (1st time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“Elevation”
“The Showman (Little More Better)”
“Desire”
“Vertigo”
(short break)

“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”
“Elevation (Influx Mix)”
“Elevation (Influx Mix)”
“Desire”
“Vertigo”
(short break)

“Acrobat”
“Until the End of the World” (incomplete)
“Until the End of the World”
(short break)

“The Blackout” (first time in Canadian Rehearsals)
(long break)

After the band returned from this long break they started a long rehearsal, which may have been a run through of a running order for the show. That run through started with two songs that were possibly pre-recorded, a non-U2 song (the possible intro music), and then “Love is All We Have Left”. This long rehearsal went as follows:

Non-U2 Song (Likely recorded Intro Music)
“Love is All We Have Left” (Likely recorded)
“The Blackout”
“Lights of Home”
“Beautiful Day” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“I Will Follow” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“An Cat Dubh” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“Cedarwood Road”
“Song for Someone”
“Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”
“Acrobat”
“Until the End of the World” with snippet of “Sympathy for the Devil”
“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”
“Elevation” (Influx Mix opening again)
“Desire”
“Vertigo”
“You’re The Best Thing About Me” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“Staring at the Sun” (Acoustic)
“Pride (In the Name of Love)”
“Get Out of Your Own Way”
“American Soul”
“City of Blinding Lights”
“One” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“13 (There is a Light)” (First time in Canadian Rehearsals)
“Song for Someone”
At 24 songs without counting the duplicate “Song for Someone” that is likely a full set list, making this the first full run down of the set in Canada.

Yes to very yes:
Lights of Home
An Cat Dubh (no into the heart???)
Cedarwood Road
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Acrobat
Until the End of the World with snippet of Sympathy for the Devil
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Desire
Staring at the Sun (Acoustic)
City of Blinding Lights
Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
13 (There is a Light)

Eh:
Love is All We Have Left (Likely recorded) (moves up to yes if not recorded)
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
Song for Someone
Elevation
Vertigo
The Showman (Little More Better)
Pride (In the Name of Love)
One

No:
The Blackout
You’re The Best Thing About Me
Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul

Last edited:
its a kind of meh set list for me. Weird that they haven't played any JT songs yet. They gotta play Hawkmoon, Heartland and God Pt II.

An Cat Dubh holy fuck! Now there's a song I definitely did not expect in these rehearsals.

Really excited about Acrobat and An Cat Dubh!! I saw ACD in Chicago 2005, but I sure as hell would like to see it again!!

SATS is a start, but I think people want a little bit of the meatier stuff from Pop (Disco, Mofo, Gone, Please).

Also, I'm sure Streets, WOWY, BTBS, ISHFWILF will show up, as will SBS, MW, and a bunch of other songs.

On the one hand, WHERE ARE RED FLAG DAY AND SUMMER OF LOVE?!

On the other - this is a really nice set. I'm sure it will morph but it's a hell of a starting place.. Kudos to them for keeping a couple of Songs of Innocence, I wasn't sure they would.

its a kind of meh set list for me. Weird that they haven't played any JT songs yet. They gotta play Hawkmoon, Heartland and God Pt II.

They did say the original plan is to not play any Joshua tree songs

Decent set list but the first thing I thought was , no summer of love , no red flag day and no little things

wow, *very* curious what this setlist is going to look like with the production, though you can tell it largely follows the I&E pattern, but there's obviously more tweaking to be done

An Cat Dubh is pretty mindblowing and I'm thrilled HMTMKMKM is back in the mix. looks like they're very committed to Acrobat and Wild Horses and that's really reassuring. let's get the Fly in there, please

also after Staring at the Sun...that set kinda falls off hard for me. needs Little Things or some other old tracks that haven't been beat to death.

SATS is a start, but I think people want a little bit of the meatier stuff from Pop (Disco, Mofo, Gone, Please).

Yep. Anything from Pop is appreciated, but SATS isn't really what I think most people have been clamouring for.

wow, *very* curious what this setlist is going to look like with the production, though you can tell it largely follows the I&E pattern, but there's obviously more tweaking to be done

Yep. I'm wondering if there'll be an intermission after UTEOTW again. Trying to pick where the encore break is. Before or after One seems most likely. On the one hand, having One as the big emotional main set closer makes more sense than COBL, but on the other, the encore wouldn't just be Love Is Bigger and 13. So definitely it's still a set in evolution.

‪From looking at that running Order I hope it’s not the actual set list. While there are still a few little gems in there there’s not enough deep cuts in there. It still feels like a hit heavy set list. And where is “Streets”?

I’ve even more surprised to see the absense of Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

Good start to what could be an unbelievable set. I’d be shocked if we don’t get Streets and although I would love An Cat Dubh, but if they truly want to make this Experience, more R&H and POP in the rotation. If we get Acrobat though, jiminy, never thought the boys would get that creative.

The Ocean... a deep cut for sure, but probably the least essential song from Boy. I suppose it works more as an outro/intro for something else, a la Scarlet. Twilight is begging to be played, come on guys.

‪I’ve even more surprised to see the absense of Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

Look closer. It's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom