SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm IIRC they worked on Acrobat as an intro to Zoo Station on Zoo TV. Maybe Edge just wants to get each part nailed rather than working on the whole thing start to finish.

Edge has been asked so many times over the past few years about them finally playing this song it actually doesn’t surprise me they’re rehearsing it.

Just played Acrobat for the first time in awhile and forgot how powerful and remarkable that song is. We’ve complained for years about them being stagnant in their set lists but the IE tour and this tour I think won’t leave much to complain about.

It certainly seems like there will be an Achtung Baby segment within the larger setlist. Maybe a rotating group of hard-rocking "opener" (Zoo Station or The Fly), then a mid-tempo song (Acrobat or Wild Horses), then a couple of the big hits (One, Mysterious Ways, UTEOTW, EBTTRT)?

COBL segue into American Soul. At least the 'blessings' from the end of COBL is a natural fit for Kendrick's bit at the start of American Soul. Oh wait, I misread, it's in reverse order. Uh.

There are a lot more people and press hanging about the arena , maybe tonight's uninspiring rehearsal setlist was to throw everyone off the scent. :wink:

Have they played Red Flag Day yet? Getting worried here,and what about the blackout!??

They haven't done much new material and it's very early days, so no need to worry yet.

And what a pity Pride, one of U2's very few songs that's worse live (much worse), is the first eighties song to be rehearsed. Your average casual would be no less happy with NYD, which sounded fantastic last year, or SBS, which many of us are sick of but sounds better than Pride these days.

It says something that on multiple occasions I accidentally omitted Pride when adding JT30 sets to U2gigs.

I predict Acrobat will be the Electrical Storm of 2018. They'll play it twice [oh, apparently they played it 3 times] then drop it.

My HOT TAKE is that that "honour" will go to Heartland, which could finally get tried out in the US (understandably) then swiftly abandoned.
To be even more defeatist, Acrobat will stick around for the whole first leg but won't make it to Europe for some daft reason.

Last edited:
I’d take a full band Ground Beneath Her Feet as my underdog dark horse pick to get played some point this tour. I don’t really expect it but they said rarities so that’s my hope. Has the entire band ever performed it live totally plugged in with Edge’s solo at the end? (That’s more or less an Axver question)

I hope they play Seconds. Will be apt for these times with the US and Russia engaging in willy measuring exercises at the moment.

Promenade
Heartland
WILATW

Those would be pretty cool too but hey .... ACROBAT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom