***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck the casu...

sad-cashew-disappointed-cartoon-character-beige-depressed-standing-white-background-may-represent-unhealthy-lifestyle-non-39463867.jpg

Any word about a possible final "open" dress rehearsal tonight like what they've done most previous tours.

For all our bitching, can I just say how stoked I am about the return of the live monster that is Hold Me Thrill Me?

Could Hm tm km km be the intermission song like the wanderer and the fly were? Little worried after seeing the last rehearsal set list.

Could Hm tm km km be the intermission song like the wanderer and the fly were? Little worried after seeing the last rehearsal set list.

Not a chance in hell. No way you can play that song over the PA.

I wonder if Streets will be out longer than ASOH was in?

We actually should have a pool on which date/city Streets will re-renter the set list (assuming it really isn't there to start with).

I could find myself ok without Streets if it meant I was getting a proper, full blast ASOH.

I'm fine with Hold Me etc being the little intermission ditty. We just had it in sets in 2011. Let's get sometihing else from that era.

St. Louis or San Jose #2. I will be surprised if it’s out longer than that.

I think it will be good for them to not play it for a few nights, if anything to remind them that this song is the absolute centre of every show they do. It's the singularity, it's the gravity, it's the sun that all the other songs revolves around. A U2 show without Streets can only aspire to be this high, no higher. They can't enter the stratosphere without Streets. Streets it the girlfriend that you don't miss until she's gone. And if she has to leave for a while for you to realise what hollow shell of a person you are without her, so be it. Then maybe you'll appreciate her more when she's back.

There was a time U2 could pull off a show without Streets, but no longer. It's their ace card, and to a certain extent a crutch. But let's put it this way....is there any scenario where a show is better without Streets than with it? No to that I say.

U2 not playing Streets is like putting on a production of Hamlet and deleting Act III Scene I. Almost every person who goes to a show and doesn't hear that song is going to leave disappointed on some level. And rightfully so. Go to a U2 show and leave with a lousy fucking app and no Streets? Yeah, well done lads.

Last edited:
I actually bothered testing out my own playlist to check the thematic and musical flow and decided on:

Love is All We Have Left

The Blackout
Lights of Home
Beautiful Day
You're The Best Thing About Me
The Ocean
I Will Follow
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Landlady-SFS outro/snippet
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised by Wolves
UTEOTW
Acrobat

-HMTMKMKM/Gone-

The Showman
Vertigo
Desire
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Staring At The Sun

Pride
Get Out Of Your Own Way
("blessed are the shithole countries" into...) Red Flag Day
One
The Little Things (synthy outro into...)
Streets (synthy outro into...)
Love Is Bigger

For all our bitching, can I just say how stoked I am about the return of the live monster that is Hold Me Thrill Me?
And something, anything from Pop is still in there, although acoustic SATS is about the bare minimum they could do to represent it.

I think it will be good for them to not play it for a few nights, if anything to remind them that this song is the absolute centre of every show they do. It's the singularity, it's the gravity, it's the sun that all the other songs revolves around. A U2 show without Streets can only aspire to be this high, no higher. They can't enter the stratosphere without Streets. Streets it the girlfriend that you don't miss until she's gone. And if she has to leave for a while for you to realise what hollow shell of a person you are without her, so be it. Then maybe you'll appreciate her more when she's back.

There was a time U2 could pull off a show without Streets, but no longer. It's their ace card, and to a certain extent a crutch. But let's put it this way....is there any scenario where a show is better without Streets than with it? No to that I say.

U2 not playing Streets is like putting on a production of Hamlet and deleting Act III Scene I. Almost every person who goes to a show and doesn't hear that song is going to leave disappointed on some level.
Thank you for this post.

U2 not playing Streets is like putting on a production of Hamlet and deleting Act III Scene I. Almost every person who goes to a show and doesn't hear that song is going to leave disappointed on some level. And rightfully so. Go to a U2 show and leave with a lousy fucking app and no Streets? Yeah, well done lads.

I disagree with this, while recognizing that it’s largely a matter of taste. But I wonder if anyone else feels similarly.

I like Streets a lot, but I do think it gets overhyped as the ultimate U2 live song. I can’t say that I really like it more than most top-tier U2 live songs, in whose ranks I include, for instance, City. Obviously, there are songs I’d rather have deleted in favor of Streets; ABOY, for instance, shouldn’t be here. But U2 setlists always have their share of top-tier songs and others, and I tend to not give primacy to Streets within the ranks of top-tier songs.

That said, Streets is also more variable than most songs depending on lights, intro segue, and the like. I+E Zooropa->Streets was a true highlight and I crave that a lot more than, say, Vertigo Streets.

They need to play streets, esp with the pretty weak set they are planning to roll out. Way too many mediocre new songs to not play it. They certainly have enough giant great songs they could make a great show without streets, but the set they have right now is not it.

Agreed. The only song that comes close to being as important to a U2 live show, as spellbinding, is Bad.

Maybe we should massively bring banners/signs with 'no name' and 'streets' on it and bring it to the shows...

and we could do the same with 'GONE' 'SOH' 'PLEASE' 'STAY' 'etc etc

I disagree with this, while recognizing that it’s largely a matter of taste. But I wonder if anyone else feels similarly.

I like Streets a lot, but I do think it gets overhyped as the ultimate U2 live song. I can’t say that I really like it more than most top-tier U2 live songs, in whose ranks I include, for instance, City.

It's great that we all have different tastes, & I value hearing everyone's opinion, even those that are vastly different to my own.

But, WOAH, Streets = COBL. We certainly differ there!

Like many fans, I'm middle aged (in my teens around the JT-AB period). I have to admit, because of this I enjoy the UF-Pop period most. I like SOI/SOE a lot (NLOTH isn't bad), but I really don't like ATYCLB & HTDAAB much at all. So I have to say, for me, COBL is a pretty good song, & gets the crowd going pretty well. But I'd hope, at most, it would get a rotation slot, as I don't think it's an integral to any show.

On the other hand, I think Streets is integral to just about any show. Especially a show that has many new songs that will be unfamiliar to most casual fans.

I'm usually up front, up close, so it's a little hard to judge crowd reactions. But when I did sit in the bleachers for 360, Streets got the largest reaction by far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom