***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want to be greedy but there's mixed feelings choosing between UTEOTW (always been my #1 U2 song) and Wild Horses (been in my top ten for a while and hasn't been played in full for so long) while American Soul will be played every show of the tour.

Has it been confirmed they have been rehearsing that lousy version of Sunday Bloody Sunday from 2015 or are they playing the more traditional full band version?

Wild Horses belongs in the MacPhisto middle section of shout-alongs

Has it been confirmed they have been rehearsing that lousy version of Sunday Bloody Sunday from 2015 or are they playing the more traditional full band version?

The recent Willie interview indicated that they felt the Iris-> RBW section was as integral to this tour as the ‘15 one, so I expect that section to be done identically (marching snares and car bombs and all).

2015 version.

GodzillaWTFlarge_zpsf417d63c.gif

2015 SBS is real bad. My dad is gonna be pissed when he hears it again lol

The Iris through Until The End Of The World portion was a good a stretch of songs as they've ever performed live, Sunday Bloody Sunday included.

I get not wanting to see it again, but the idea that any portion of it wasn't terrific is not something that was widely thought at the time.

:up::up::up::up:

Song for Someone wasn't terrific
Well I'd disagree as I think it's key to the theme of the story...

Alas, yes, Song for Someone was the only one people complained about because people like to complain about the song in general..

There wasn't this outpour of dislike for the way Sunday was played like we're seeing here.

Last edited:
Song for Someone wasn't terrific

Amen.

Go ahead and repeat 2015 Sunday Bloody Sunday, just eliminate the bore that is SFS from the set, and for the love of God don't double down and play 13 as well. One of the two will suck the life out of the room, both is a mind numbingly bad idea.

5/1 Reharsals From U2Start:

Afternoon Rehearsals - Edge and Crew (mostly snippets and partial practice):
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Song for Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised by Wolves
Wild Horses
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Gavin Friday)
Elevation
Desire
You’re the Best Thing About Me
The Blackout
Lights of Home
Beautiful Day
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Raised by Wolves (x2)
Vertigo
Acrobat
You’re the Best Thing About Me
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Get Out of Your Own Way
Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul (x2)
City of Blinding Lights
Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul
City of Blinding Lights
Lights of Home (x2)
Desire
City of Blinding Lights

Evening Rehearsals - Bono, Edge, and Adam:
Lights of Home (x2)
Raised by Wolves - partial
Until the End of the World - partial
Raised by Wolves
Until the End of the World
Desire
Acrobat
Women of the World (Jim O’Rourke)
Wild Horses
One

for the love of God don't double down and play 13 as well. One of the two will suck the life out of the room, both is a mind numbingly bad idea.

i dunno, it could work, like a recurring motif, bringing things full circle at the end - they're allowed!

Back
Top Bottom