***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly feel nothing about the lack of Streets. I’m cool with it getting a rest. But I’d definitely prefer that SBS and Pride take a break, and Streets stayed.

Also, while we’re talking about Greatest Hits, why is NYD is the “take it or leave it” pile? That is probably the U2 song I hear the most on classic rock radio. In the US, anyway, it’s probably one of their most popular songs.

'For you hardcores out there we've brought back some RAR-IT-IES! Ok Edge, crank it up'

*All Because Of You squeals into life*

20,000 heads bow down in disappointment.

I'm quite happy to see All Because Of You back.

me too, and I thought it would've been perfect for the e-stage a few years ago. I'm a-ok with it being on board.

I'm not sure how I feel about the setlist. I'll be in St. Louis on Friday, so I'll get to see one of these early shows before it comes back to the east coast. you'd think they have to play some Joshua Tree songs in STL given the show was canceled last summer.

In any event, I think if they just added Streets after 13, I'd be pretty happy.

Absent that, the encore is a bit rough. Love is Bigger is the weakest song on the album to me. I do really like 13, but not sure about it closing the show. It is odd to me that they'd have 13 close after being hell bent on having a classic close the shows 3 years ago.

It'll be interesting to see/hear All Because of You again. The song suffered from some terrible production on HTDAAB, but I really enjoyed the live version on the Vertigo Tour. It had a good, raw energy and it was nice seeing Bono beat the shit out of a tambourine.

Oh my... pre recorded HMTMKMKM would be the utlimate crap they can think about... 1 song that i was excited about... :huh:

WAIT....What?
Please tell me they're not doing the "Intermission" thing like they did with The Fly on the innocence tour? HMTMKMKM is an absolute monster live.

Intermission: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Remix over PA, presumably by Gavin Friday)

:doh:

Same.

So that seems to be the set - hoping for some nice, uninterrupted streaming tomorrow.

Seems like it could flow fairly well too with "Someone like me," and a melancholy Bono going into the red screens/organ. but what do I know?

this was the only time heartland appeared in a live performance:

Wish they'd played the whole song.

Pride and SBS are still in there? Those songs, quickly followed by One really, really need swapped out and rested for a tour or two.

They'll play it at the next JT Melbourne show

never

you guys still dragging out this "being outraged over Streets' absence" thing is crazy to me. I agree that SBS/Pride/One should get a rest first, but come on. not playing any JT songs is a bold move which I think is pretty brilliant. it'd only be more brilliant if the songs they were playing instead were worth a shit

what comes after the e-stage segment might be one of their worst setlists ever. the encore being particularly dire.

All Because of You is actually one of the better parts of this setlist, I agree with some comments up thread. fits the tour narrative too well, something Elevation, Vertigo, and BD have nothing for. the potential prerecorded HMTMKMKM would absolutely be a new low, between that and The Fly, those are two massive live songs that need to be on the stage almost every night

this was the only time heartland appeared in a live performance:

Wish they'd played the whole song.

Wow great find, thanks for sharing.... Could you imagine if they ever did play Heartland? I'd be one happy camper!

A little surprised there hasn't been a "1 day to go" video - they're usually posted at around this time.

Is this the first time TBT has been confirmed to be acoustic? Judgement reserved until I hear it in person but I was really hoping that would be electric, particularly as they've already played it electric several times.

Is this the first time TBT has been confirmed to be acoustic? Judgement reserved until I hear it in person but I was really hoping that would be electric, particularly as they've already played it electric several times.

Based on the placement or the song between Showman and SATS you’d have to assume so.

I wonder if they'll have a full-set rehearsal this evening? I can't remember if they usually do that on the eve of the first show or the second to last day before opening show?

it is impossible for TBT to be electric, even if it is played electric.

So atU2 got a hold of the tour book, and...

[TWEET]991433228052549638[/TWEET]
[TWEET]991434465527455744[/TWEET]

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll have a full-set rehearsal this evening? I can't remember if they usually do that on the eve of the first show or the second to last day before opening show?

The final dress rehearsal was apparently last night which looks to be the final run-through of a full set. Typically, they take the day/night off the day before the first show of the tour.

Back
Top Bottom