***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acrobat was fucking blistering. Worth the price of the ticket alone.

The stretch from Elevation to Acrobat was fucking amazing. We were two feet from the e-stage and they basically played to us.

Yes that was very cool. Bono was right in front of us as he was impersonating a drinking fountain, then we got wet as he got crazy with the water bottle.

I keep hoping they will change the encore as well to something more uplifting and the classic hit sandwich between Love is Bigger and 13 seems like a perfect solution for us out here looking in. But as I think about this...it is Bono's (the and the boys) storytelling that's important here to remember as he said in the beginning of the show. They are keeping to that message more than throwing in an easy crowd pleaser in the encore. It ruins the story telling mojo in their minds I think. ( Bono) "they don't know what you're doing, babe it must be art" :) He seems intent on singing us a lullaby that he wrote to kids to send us off each night. It's a great sentiment :heart: and throwing in BAD or Streets right there kind of kills the thought of closing the chapter in the story book. It doesn't fit. Just trying to see it from his perspective. Just my thoughts.. not that anybody cares. :lol:

I appreciate the storytelling reasons for playing 13 there. But it still falls flat. It's too long, too sparse. Especially coming off a big pop song with a singalong that feels like the end of the show.

Love is Blindness is a lullaby as well, in a sense. But that was far more effective as a closer.

Love is Blindness is a lullaby as well, in a sense. But that was far more effective as a closer.

Good point- Proof that if you take a slow tempo song that is darker and features Edge doing blistering guitar work that you can still get energy in the encore without a Vertigo-type faster song.

New Year's Day / Dirty Day / Beautiful Day / Red Flag Day medley

red flag day into summer of love would be a highlight of this tour, and so much more relevant than let's say american soul ( or cobl or BD/vertigo/elevation ) :D

While I welcome it's appearance, I'm not sure if more new songs is what the set needs right now... so hopefully this is replacing something from the last two albums.

No joke.

It's hard to get excited about another SOE/SOI number when the set is already crowded with them.

Now if they were suddenly rehearsing, I don't know, A FUCKING LIVE HMTMKMKM, then I'd be amped.

Live HMTMKMKM is a must.
My latest take - brought in some rotations and changed the closer to something uptempo but confrontational.

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Lights of Home
Beautiful Day/NYD/Gloria
The Best Thing/ABOY (ha)
I Will Follow
The Ocean
Iris
Cedarwood Road
Promenade
Sunday Bloody Sunday
UTEOTW
-Elevation Influx PA-
HMTMKMKM
Acrobat
The Showman
Desire
Vertigo
Red Flag Day/Please
Staring at the Sun
-
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Get Out of Your Own Way
American Soul
City of Blinding Lights
-
WGRYWH
One
Love is Bigger
Seconds

The Ocean works well, no reason they couldn't try it. Maybe after that I can hold some small hope for Wire.

Taking it a step further, a Promenade + Landlady medley could be heavenly. Similar atmospheres and tones.

Either way I’m stoked Red Flag Day has been rehearsed. Fingers crossed it debuts tonight!

I wouldn't overdo the slow passages. The band seems hesitant to stay slow for too long, except for the encore. Couching the lesser known new and old songs among hits that convey similar thematic points is a good way to maintain casual attention while keeping the arc in play.

I'm very pleased about RFD getting in (hopefully it sticks around), but it's still odd to me that a super-catchy song like The Showman has only been teased. Seemed like a no-brainer for the small stage.

Coca-cola, football radio, radio, radio, radio, radio, radio turn on your radio turn on your radio turn on your radio

Would be the ball yes!!! But a full and agressive SBS a bit like the transition between October and Bullet in 2015. One of the best moment in a U2 show ever.... chills

Red Flag Day!!!

Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
Lights Of Home
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
Red Flag Day
The Ocean
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves
Until the End of the World

That is a fucking beautiful run of songs right there.

Then it is still pretty strong for me with
Elevation
Vertigo
Desire
Acrobat

Then ok, with
Best Thing
SATS

AFter that... A big hit of blah for me until it gets to the last two songs with Love is Bigger and 13, both of which i love.

Red Flag Day is such a great song. Crowd seemed to really like it, and Ooooh woooh ohhh parts are great for the crowd to get in on. I think this could have been a big song for them, and could have been a classic live song going forward. Hope they keep it, and hope they tweak the encore.

Never has the band put more time and energy into two weaker songs than Get Out and American Soul. An Album full of great songs, and they pound away at those two. How they manage to miscalculate like that is really disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom