Red Zone Strategy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lancerla

The Fly
I've done RZ for every tour and sometimes I like it and sometimes I get the hate. For the iE tour, I followed Interference advice and moved around the arena with the band. It was pretty great.

My question for the show coming up at the Forum is...is there a new strategy for this tour? I read in the Hate Thread that they are doing more in the middle -- is that true? Also, I've kept myself relatively pure beyond setlist -- can anyone tell me when to move and on what songs so I get the jump on folks?

Any advice is appreciated!

Trying to keep you as spoiler free as possible, but get back to the Red Zone during
Staring At The Sun

*edited to say* holy crap, I knew I was a lurker, but really, I've never posted before now?!

Last edited:
Yep, it's a pretty similar structure to last time, with a couple of exceptions.

As you say, a little more time on the catwalk, at the expense of the main stage.

Spoilers below, about the band's movements, not songs played.

Also there's an opportunity for those in each RZ to get very close to a band member for one song. This occurs right after the acoustic set at the e-stage has finished, & happens near the far end of Red Zone, not near the main stage.

The first set is mainly main stage/catwalk/screen. The second set is screen/e-stage/RZ opportunity/main stage.

So you might want to do the first set at the RZ (or GA if you prefer), then move towards the e-stage during intermission. There is a "no stopping" lane down the side of the arena floor, from the RZ entrance, so very easy to get up towards the e-stage.

If you want to then move back to RZ to get very close to a band member you'll have to move during the second acoustic song (6th song after the intermission). Just be aware, that if you're going back to the RZ on Adam's side (stage left/house right), this access, from the e-stage, down the sideline, to the RZ entrance, will be roped off at some stage during the 6th song after the intermission. As a band member needs to use this route after this 6th song is finished. So don't leave it too late!

After this song, the remainder of the show is performed solely on the main stage (except for the final song).

Last edited:
Thanks so much to gimpboy76 and d.darroch, this is great stuff! So appreciated. I guess I'll start in RZ, move out as they enter that 6 song suite from Innocence, then come back after that 5th song in the second set.

I'm interested if RZ gets in first like like SJ or if it's like Tulsa going forward where GA goes first. Even though I have RZ I think GA should be first up.

Back
Top Bottom