It's Almost Like They Do Not Want You To Buy A Razor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
2017:

In January paid $40 for ANNUAL U2.com membership for JT tix.

Through tremendous pain got JT tix.

In October (10 months later) got a note that I would have to pay another $40 for another ANNUAL U2.com membership as I used a code for JT tickets.

Head scratch, don't they know what ANNUAL means?

Paid the $40 because I can afford to be stupid.

Just went online with my fresh pre-sale code hoping for an MSG GA, but wait, NO FUCKING GA'S RELEASED. I was, however offered one $331 lower level ticket.

Is it me, or are U2 and LiveNation starting to look like FUCKING SCALPERS themselves?

This whole thing is ridiculous and yes, after going to every tour since '85 I should know better, but every time it still stings. I guess that is the true definition of addiction, or is it insanity?

Well, guess I will have to just go to the scalpers like the band didn't want me to and spend LESS on a ticket than buying straight from them.

This whole thing is so stupid.

Was just looking at tickets, $331 for upper bowl seating is insane. I'll only go if I can get GA.

@ouizy I know you've been around long enough to remember when we got the flyers and had to fill in our order for tickets on paper and then send a certified check to pay for them. Then you would send all that overnight back to the ticket company. And guess what? I got GAs every time with that. Met my husband in GA at an MSG show using that ticket method.

We'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary at MSG next year...in nose bleed seats. This has become so ridiculous. I thought U2 cared about their fans, but GA tickets -- and really any tickets -- were impossible to get at MSG this time around.

Yeah, just couldn’t pull the trigger on a $300 ticket (for worse seats than last tour) on a show promoting an album I don’t even know if I’ll like. I think the not thing that will make me regret it is if they play Acrobat.

@ouizy I know you've been around long enough to remember when we got the flyers and had to fill in our order for tickets on paper and then send a certified check to pay for them. Then you would send all that overnight back to the ticket company. And guess what? I got GAs every time with that. Met my husband in GA at an MSG show using that ticket method.

We'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary at MSG next year...in nose bleed seats. This has become so ridiculous. I thought U2 cared about their fans, but GA tickets -- and really any tickets -- were impossible to get at MSG this time around.

Yup - it used to be easier (and possible) to actually get the premium tickets die hard fans are looking for, particularly when we are paying a premium to be able to do so.

Building scarcity through a targeted and repeated email campaign to have U2.com members pay fees over and over again and then not supply the member with the only thing they want is ludicrous and insulting.

I actually hated the first leg of this I+E tour so maybe I just shut up and do not go to this second leg. Let my fantastic experience at the JT shows be the final chapter of my life with this band after 30+ years.

Sounds tempting.

Yeah I'm pretty much done at this point.

I'm not active on this board, but I've been a fan most my life and I even play regularly in a U2 Tribute. At this point I think I'll just enjoy performing myself instead of sitting in a $400 garbage seat while over-privileged douche bags stand in GA without truly appreciating where they are.

Fuck U2.com.

Actually, they do want you to buy a razor, one of my FB friends got her Tuesday presale tix in the mail today (already!) and with it was an offer for Harry's Razors. :D

... AND NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS A TICKETMASTER VERIFIED FAN CODE?????????

I just tried to go on the MSG 'General Public Onsale' to find out that the general public cannot actually buys tickets for this show without registering prior (registration is now closed, thank you very much) for some verified fan bullshit.

So now I cannot use my fucked U2. com code, I do not have a Ticketmaster code, and now cannot buys a fucking ticket?????

I am really done jumping through these hoops.

This bullshit has become just too complicated.

Good luck to you guys - this is just stupid.

everything i hear about this ticketing fiasco makes me more and more satisfied with my decision not to bother with this tour.

everything i hear about this ticketing fiasco makes me more and more satisfied with my decision not to bother with this tour.

:up:

My feelings exactly. I would have had a very hard time anyway given no Toronto show but this validates my decision not to try to work something out for Montreal.

my main reason at first was that i couldn't be arsed to spend another $100+ on seeing the same band three times in two or three years. then they didn't book a toronto show and i definitely couldn't be arsed to spend money to travel to montreal or wherever to see them. then this ticket bullshit happened and i *definitely* can't be arsed to go through all that. life's way too short for that kind of stress. i'll spend the money on a half dozen local shows instead on bands that actually need the money.

my main reason at first was that i couldn't be arsed to spend another $100+ on seeing the same band three times in two or three years. then they didn't book a toronto show and i definitely couldn't be arsed to spend money to travel to montreal or wherever to see them. then this ticket bullshit happened and i *definitely* can't be arsed to go through all that. life's way too short for that kind of stress. i'll spend the money on a half dozen local shows instead on bands that actually need the money.

Very sage advice.

Better to just not partake than go through this nightmare again.

Hopefully people are not misconstruing 'I cannot get a GA' ticket for what is actually happening which is a band and its management not only randomly selecting who gets the best priority seats in the house, but also make it so cumbersome to get a ticket it seems borderline illicit.

I'll be the first one to throw out there a class-action lawsuit might actually not be too far-fetched.

If any regular Joe does not have access to continuously be online to get ridiculous 'pre'sale codes and then are prohibited from a general ticket sale, something seems preferential and certainly illegal.

Couldn't get any GA for Nashville, and couldn't get any tickets period for Chicago. Just ridiculous, I had no issue getting GA tickets for the Joshua Tree tour :angry:

I will say this about verified fan sales: I've participated in 3 of them this year, besides U2, with ZERO issue. The problem with this one, IMO, is that it was communicated *terribly*.

Yeah, a good friend of mine hasn't had issues with VF sales for his concerts, either.

Whatever the case, this was Not Good in general.

I will say this about verified fan sales: I've participated in 3 of them this year, besides U2, with ZERO issue. The problem with this one, IMO, is that it was communicated *terribly*.

It's almost as if the instructions were written in "Bongolese." :lol: they are testing our IQ...this is all Edge's fault. He HAS to be behind this...that mad scientist!

Seriously...way too many hoops to jump through for this one. I DID manage to get a GA for Vegas today though.

Very sage advice.

If any regular Joe does not have access to continuously be online to get ridiculous 'pre'sale codes and then are prohibited from a general ticket sale, something seems preferential and certainly illegal.

Registration information for the general sale has been posted on u2.com since the dates were announced. It took just a few minutes to register.

Back
Top Bottom