How many concerts to attend this tour? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 09:20 PM
How many concerts to attend this tour?

I got tickets to 2 boston shows and 3 NYC shows. All singles, so don't get too excited!

I never planned to go to all of them, i just can't help buying them every single tour and then deciding what shows to go to.

I'm thinking 5 shows in a that short period of time is too much...

I do this every single time. Anyway, how many shows should 1 man go to -- my wife probably will kill me if I try to do all 5, which may be worth. Happy Mother's Day!

I'm thinking 3 shows?

clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
I got tickets to 2 boston shows and 3 NYC shows. All singles, so don't get too excited!

I never planned to go to all of them, i just can't help buying them every single tour and then deciding what shows to go to.

I'm thinking 5 shows in a that short period of time is too much...

I do this every single time. Anyway, how many shows should 1 man go to -- my wife probably will kill me if I try to do all 5, which may be worth. Happy Mother's Day!

I'm thinking 3 shows?
What's easiest travel situation and where are your best seats?

DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
Refugee

I would do the three nyc as you are probably going to get the most variety in sets, as small as it may be.
jphelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:29 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:20 AM
If you have tickets for 5 go to 5 :-)
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphelmet View Post
I would do the three nyc as you are probably going to get the most variety in sets, as small as it may be.
Not necessarily, they usually shake things up in Boston.
For example only Boston and Chicago got Crystal Ballroom in 2015, never showed up in 8 NYC shows.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
Refugee

I got ga for Boston and nyc first shows. Got good seats to me behind stage but low for Boston 2 and nyc 2. July 1 3rd nyc show is the bad seat in sec 400. And Sunday night at to me isn’t a great concert night. I’ve never got over the Sunday night depression because school or work was the next day but oddly I like the start of the week.

I’m “stuck” in CT burbs so closer to nyc but Boston we take trips home all the time so can make it there too. Hmm.

It just appears I could see 5 shows and I’m guessing 10 different songs total if all goes well. But I’d be deaf because I’m old and even with ear plugs it still hurts sometimes.
clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #7
Refugee

GA go obviously. Sunday this time is before a short workweek (for many of us), so I'm fine with it but is it worth the travel back home after sitting in a bad seat?

Where are you for NY2?
Old 05-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

How many concerts to attend this tour?

I say do both Boston shows and the first 2 nyc shows, and try to sell the 3rd nyc show. If you’re in both cities for one show, might as well do both!!

(Says the guy who is making a 6 hour drive to Chicago just for one show (May 23rd). I will even be in Chicago on the 22nd, but my U2 concert is part of a bigger overall family trip.
The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #9
Refugee

NY3 prices have dropped below original levels in case you're looking to upgrade. Also, and this depends on show and venue, but LN/TM sometimes allows you to upgrade for difference against what you paid for original ticket plus a $5 processing fee.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #10
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
I got ga for Boston and nyc first shows. Got good seats to me behind stage but low for Boston 2 and nyc 2. July 1 3rd nyc show is the bad seat in sec 400.
So Boston 2 & NYC 2 are both behind the stage? What sort of angle? You definitely want to be able to see the "barricage" screen (which you won't be able to if you are centred, directly behind the stage). The screen visuals are definitely a highlight from the seats (& tough to see from some areas of GA).

Definitely keep both GA's, & mix up your location. Maybe one show close to the e-stage (moving after the e-stage set), & another closer to the main stage, the catwalk or further back at center ice.
d.darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #11
War Child

Local Time: 06:20 PM
I think it depends on what we get from LV2 tonight. If it's only one song different again, honestly, once would be enough for me this tour. It's a great show, but I'm still bummed about how much reused 2015 stuff there is.
TinKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:15 AM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 02:20 AM
2 in Paris, 1 in Manchester and 2 in Dublin. Maybe Stalag O2 in London but I hate it as a venue, so not sure I will go there again
djparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:26 AM   #13
Refugee

I only have tickets to LA1. Setlist variation so far makes an LA2 purchase a toss up. I’ll likey make a day-of decision, but LA2 is probably going to be just like LA1
superchuk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 10:50 AM
I'm coming from Australia to see the London and Belfast shows. It's likely to be identical each time but whatever, it's a long way to travel so get in as many as you can!
ChargedVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I really hope you get your Australian shows next year!! It boggles my mind that they didn’t take the JT Tour there, considering it was a guaranteed sellout stadium tour. I assumed it was because they wanted to take the E&I Tour there instead. So now, you guys wait.

The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote