How many concerts to attend this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I got tickets to 2 boston shows and 3 NYC shows. All singles, so don't get too excited!

I never planned to go to all of them, i just can't help buying them every single tour and then deciding what shows to go to.

I'm thinking 5 shows in a that short period of time is too much...

I do this every single time. Anyway, how many shows should 1 man go to -- my wife probably will kill me if I try to do all 5, which may be worth. Happy Mother's Day!

I'm thinking 3 shows?

I got tickets to 2 boston shows and 3 NYC shows. All singles, so don't get too excited!

I never planned to go to all of them, i just can't help buying them every single tour and then deciding what shows to go to.

I'm thinking 5 shows in a that short period of time is too much...

I do this every single time. Anyway, how many shows should 1 man go to -- my wife probably will kill me if I try to do all 5, which may be worth. Happy Mother's Day!

I'm thinking 3 shows?
What's easiest travel situation and where are your best seats?

I would do the three nyc as you are probably going to get the most variety in sets, as small as it may be.

Not necessarily, they usually shake things up in Boston.
For example only Boston and Chicago got Crystal Ballroom in 2015, never showed up in 8 NYC shows.

I got ga for Boston and nyc first shows. Got good seats to me behind stage but low for Boston 2 and nyc 2. July 1 3rd nyc show is the bad seat in sec 400. And Sunday night at to me isn’t a great concert night. I’ve never got over the Sunday night depression because school or work was the next day but oddly I like the start of the week.

I’m “stuck” in CT burbs so closer to nyc but Boston we take trips home all the time so can make it there too. Hmm.

It just appears I could see 5 shows and I’m guessing 10 different songs total if all goes well. But I’d be deaf because I’m old and even with ear plugs it still hurts sometimes.

GA go obviously. Sunday this time is before a short workweek (for many of us), so I'm fine with it but is it worth the travel back home after sitting in a bad seat?

Where are you for NY2?

I say do both Boston shows and the first 2 nyc shows, and try to sell the 3rd nyc show. If you’re in both cities for one show, might as well do both!!

(Says the guy who is making a 6 hour drive to Chicago just for one show (May 23rd). I will even be in Chicago on the 22nd, but my U2 concert is part of a bigger overall family trip.

NY3 prices have dropped below original levels in case you're looking to upgrade. Also, and this depends on show and venue, but LN/TM sometimes allows you to upgrade for difference against what you paid for original ticket plus a $5 processing fee.

I got ga for Boston and nyc first shows. Got good seats to me behind stage but low for Boston 2 and nyc 2. July 1 3rd nyc show is the bad seat in sec 400.

So Boston 2 & NYC 2 are both behind the stage? What sort of angle? You definitely want to be able to see the "barricage" screen (which you won't be able to if you are centred, directly behind the stage). The screen visuals are definitely a highlight from the seats (& tough to see from some areas of GA).

Definitely keep both GA's, & mix up your location. Maybe one show close to the e-stage (moving after the e-stage set), & another closer to the main stage, the catwalk or further back at center ice.

I think it depends on what we get from LV2 tonight. If it's only one song different again, honestly, once would be enough for me this tour. It's a great show, but I'm still bummed about how much reused 2015 stuff there is.

2 in Paris, 1 in Manchester and 2 in Dublin. Maybe Stalag O2 in London but I hate it as a venue, so not sure I will go there again

I only have tickets to LA1. Setlist variation so far makes an LA2 purchase a toss up. I’ll likey make a day-of decision, but LA2 is probably going to be just like LA1

I'm coming from Australia to see the London and Belfast shows. It's likely to be identical each time but whatever, it's a long way to travel so get in as many as you can!

I really hope you get your Australian shows next year!! It boggles my mind that they didn’t take the JT Tour there, considering it was a guaranteed sellout stadium tour. I assumed it was because they wanted to take the E&I Tour there instead. So now, you guys wait.

I really hope you get your Australian shows next year!! It boggles my mind that they didn’t take the JT Tour there, considering it was a guaranteed sellout stadium tour. I assumed it was because they wanted to take the E&I Tour there instead. So now, you guys wait.
I think we'd just like to know IF they are coming or not. The band hasn't said a thing about it in 6 months, since that 60 Minutes interview. All we need is something like "We are planning to take the show to Australia early next year."

I’m hoping for 1. I’m in Florida and obviously they aren’t coming here. I have July off and am thinking about Uncasville. I am selling my house and about to be divorced. I want to treat myself. It’s been a long year so far...

I'm going to 3... 2 in DC and one at MSG.

The 2 DC shows are no brainers, as I have to make literally zero effort to actually get to the shows.

The NY show because I fucking miss NY and haven't missed a tour in NYC since PopMart, and I enjoy going to shows with the friends I have there... but any consideration of hopping to any other shows is gone considering the total lack of even the slightest bit of set rotation.

I'll be in Chicago for work next week until the 20th... I gave a slight consideration to hanging around until the 22nd to catch a show, but yea... nah

Last edited:
I’m hoping for 1. I’m in Florida and obviously they aren’t coming here. I have July off and am thinking about Uncasville. I am selling my house and about to be divorced. I want to treat myself. It’s been a long year so far...

Sorry to hear about the divorce.
The fine folks in Uncasville will be happy to take any proceeds you get from the sale of the house after the U2 show.

I'm doing the 2 Boston shows, which is what I'd be doing regardless of set rotation (Mohegan Sun would be a possibility but July 3rd won't work out due to family commitments).

Like Clerks I have GA night 1 and side stage seats night 2 (Loge 20), so I'm fine with seeing 2 nights in a row even if set rotation is slight just cause I'll get 2 different perspectives on the show (only did GA in 2015, so haven't really gotten the full effect of the screen yet).
Plus I'm going with friends night 1 and wife & kid night 2.

Still hoping the do a better job of rotation by then though.

NY3 prices have dropped below original levels in case you're looking to upgrade. Also, and this depends on show and venue, but LN/TM sometimes allows you to upgrade for difference against what you paid for original ticket plus a $5 processing fee.

good call -- crazy how many good MSG cheap tix I see for part 3. Guess I didn't have to buy my crappy seat at jump.

NYC 1- GA (for sure going)
NYC 2 -- Sec 112 (Behind stage)
NYC 3 - Sec 415 (I can walk around bridge like I did last time for most of it) But this show is the most likely for me to not to go to

Boston 1 - GA

Boston 2- -- Loge 18 -- I think it says limited view (behind stage). Friday night, so may be easier for a trip home.

I'm going to 3... 2 in DC and one at MSG.

The 2 DC shows are no brainers, as I have to make literally zero effort to actually get to the shows.

The NY show because I fucking miss NY and haven't missed a tour in NYC since PopMart, and I enjoy going to shows with the friends I have there... but any consideration of hopping to any other shows is gone considering the total lack of even the slightest bit of set rotation.

I'll be in Chicago for work next week until the 20th... I gave a slight consideration to hanging around until the 22nd to catch a show, but yea... nah

How the hell has NYC to DC been for you? I moved to suburbs of CT and it's not even close to same life. But maybe DC another big city, maybe it's similar? I doubt it. All have their own good stuff and shit.

But nothing compares to living in NYC (or any city) and being able to walk to and from the venue. When I went to school in boston in 1997-2001 for college, we could walk to Fenway, same day and get like 10 dollar bleacher seats.... that started to change toward the end and now it's bene like 15 years of sell outs and all the prices are crazy. What was my point? OH yeah...

Last I and E tour I live in UES, so getting to shows was easy. So I went to 3 GA shows I believe and 2 others in seats... one behind stage (which may have SOUNDED the best). I like MSG behind stage sounds great.

So i don't care about seeing the screen that much honestly. I want to see it 1 show and sure prefer to see the screen, but it's just about the songs. And thanks to YouTube we can all see the entire shows from our computers if we missed anything.

Doesn't appear the set list is going to be any different than it ever is. I think 3 is perfect, 5 is overkill in short period of time. But if I lived in NYC and there were 5 shows, I'd try to go to all of them.

How the hell has NYC to DC been for you? I moved to suburbs of CT and it's not even close to same life. But maybe DC another big city, maybe it's similar? I doubt it. All have their own good stuff and shit.

But nothing compares to living in NYC (or any city) and being able to walk to and from the venue. When I went to school in boston in 1997-2001 for college, we could walk to Fenway, same day and get like 10 dollar bleacher seats.... that started to change toward the end and now it's bene like 15 years of sell outs and all the prices are crazy. What was my point? OH yeah...

Last I and E tour I live in UES, so getting to shows was easy. So I went to 3 GA shows I believe and 2 others in seats... one behind stage (which may have SOUNDED the best). I like MSG behind stage sounds great.

So i don't care about seeing the screen that much honestly. I want to see it 1 show and sure prefer to see the screen, but it's just about the songs. And thanks to YouTube we can all see the entire shows from our computers if we missed anything.

Doesn't appear the set list is going to be any different than it ever is. I think 3 is perfect, 5 is overkill in short period of time. But if I lived in NYC and there were 5 shows, I'd try to go to all of them.
It's odd.

Compared to NYC this place is just like a big suburb - especially considering as there aren't any buildings above 15 stories in the entire city. Plus it took like 3 months to really figure out this bullshit quadrant system they have.

Oh, the exact same address or intersection can exist in 4 different places in the same city? Fuck you.

I live 2 blocks from Nats Stadium and work inside Capital One Arena, so that allows me to stumble into random events. So that's cool and all.

But yea... definite culture shock.

That's the only knowledge i have of DC area is that the traffic is impossible and if you miss your turn it could take an hour to find it again? Maybe that's wrong. I just heard it's a lot of single roads and you need to know what the F you're doing or you'll be stuck in a loop from hell.

But knowing that the same address can exist in 4 different places -- sums up the the hub of politics perfectly. Even the streets can't agree on shit.

I spent a fair amount of time in DC for work and would extend into the weekends for some fun stuff. It's got a bit of weekend vacancy vibe, especially during summer.

Clerks, for NYC we're both GA night 1 and I'm 2 sections over night 2 so let's plan an awkward high five.

That's the only knowledge i have of DC area is that the traffic is impossible and if you miss your turn it could take an hour to find it again? Maybe that's wrong. I just heard it's a lot of single roads and you need to know what the F you're doing or you'll be stuck in a loop from hell.

But knowing that the same address can exist in 4 different places -- sums up the the hub of politics perfectly. Even the streets can't agree on shit.
The traffic here is a fucking nightmare because the city was designed for horses and not cars. It's infuriating.

Back
Top Bottom