How are the tickets selling? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:37 PM
How are the tickets selling?

How have the sales gone so far this morning? I noticed the Montreal date has sold out and a new arena one added but how are the others doing?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
The Fly

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Where do you see the second date for Montreal?
I don't see any additional dates on Ticketmaster.
When do additional dates normally go on sale, the next day?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean_Counter View Post
Where do you see the second date for Montreal?
I don't see any additional dates on Ticketmaster.
When do additional dates normally go on sale, the next day?

https://www.atu2.com/news/u2-add-2nd...o-ei-tour.html

It's also on u2.com
Old 11-20-2017, 02:37 PM   #4
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
How have the sales gone so far this morning? I noticed the Montreal date has sold out and a new arena one added but how are the others doing?
Unfortunately, ticket sales in many markets seem sluggish. Boston is my local market and there are still some tickets available, largely i'm betting due to their high price. Previous tours have sold out almost instantly; this one, not so much. When you are charging $650 for a "VIP" ticket (plus fees, mind you), what does Live Nation expect??l
Old 11-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 12:37 PM
I expect sales in markets they just visited on JT2017 to be slower than usual. For obvious reasons. The eye-popping price of decent lower bowl seats certainly doesn't help.

I'm not holding my breathe for more than 2 Shows in major markets they visited on JT2017. That's not a sign of failure for the band, just represents the reality of going back on tour immediately after servicing a lot of demand with JT2017.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
New Yorker

$330 per ticket for upper levels on sides of the stage in NJ. No thanks! I went with $111 per ticket lower level but behind the stage. I’m not one to cheap out on shows but I saw them twice at JT and three times for Innocence tour. I’m not gonna be fleeced this time around!
Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by innominata8 View Post
Unfortunately, ticket sales in many markets seem sluggish. Boston is my local market and there are still some tickets available, largely i'm betting due to their high price. Previous tours have sold out almost instantly; this one, not so much. When you are charging $650 for a "VIP" ticket (plus fees, mind you), what does Live Nation expect??l
It's not unfortunate to me They need a wake-up call, and I think that's going to happen when many of the stupidly priced VIP tickets and $330 uppers don't move. The VIP seats will all of a sudden be priced at $330, and the $330 uppers will be $170.

With the JT tour taking care of some casuals, I'm not buying that demand is what was even 3-4 years ago, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Babyface

I don't know if I'd say it's sluggish just yet. Remember, everyone had to be verified before participating. No one could wake up today and hear an announcement on the radio or social media and go, "U2 tickets are on sale!"
Old 11-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
New Yorker

The ticket costing in America seems way way overpriced. If you want to charge $330 for a top ticket then go ahead but for tickets in the upper decks. That's ridiculous
Old 11-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
The ticket costing in America seems way way overpriced. If you want to charge $330 for a top ticket then go ahead but for tickets in the upper decks. That's ridiculous
Oseary is behind these prices ,he is a greedy snake.
He did the same pricing stunt with Madonna and it backfired .
Old 11-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Honestly I just saw U2 twice in 2015 and twice in 2017. I simply can't be bothered to drop a lot of money on tickets, take the time off work to drive to Chicago or Nashville (my 2 closest cities, both a 6 hour drive), pay for a hotel, etc. If they were playing closer to me I'd definitely go. But with all of those factors combined, I won't be seeing them next year. It sucks, but I'll live. I'm one of the biggest U2 fans that there ever was, but I just can't justify it. I'm sure there are many others that feel like me.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

They have saturated most of these markets over the last 3 years. This is why after 2018 I don't think we'll see another North American tour until 2021 at the earliest. For the AB 30 TOUR!!!!
Old 11-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #13
The Fly

Tickets are selling HORRIBLY and it's not just due to over-saturation from the past 2 tours or the verified fan system. If U2 and Guy Oseary think people are gonna pay nearly $400/ticket to sit in the upper level at MSG, they are sorely mistaken. That's exactly why I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying that tickets are "still available" for 10 different US shows. Mind you, this email came to me nearly 5 HOURS after the East Coast tix all went on sale. NYC-area, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, etc all have plenty of tix remaining. What a joke. I can't remember a U2 tour that this has ever happened on, and I've been to every tour since Zoo in '92. PopMart had its one-off issues (I'm looking at you, Memphis), but nothing like we are seeing here.

These upper-level seats are gonna be 50% off on Stub Hub soon enough. Don't bother buying them on TM; save a bundle by waiting instead. I'm wondering if these non-sell-outs are also going to put the additional dates at risk. I know Montreal got a 2nd date, but it speaks volumes that places like MSG still haven't gotten one, and have tons of inventory left in the upper sections as of 3:30p ET.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #14
War Child

Perhaps U2 will stop over touring the US and spend more time elsewhere for a change- 3 tours in 4 years and Madonna style ticket pricing seem to have reduced demand

With some creative pricing am sure the shows will sell out, just not as quickly as before. Suprised to see so much blue for places like Chicago and Washington though
Old 11-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #15
New Yorker

Are the ticketmaster maps up then?