How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
How have the sales gone so far this morning? I noticed the Montreal date has sold out and a new arena one added but how are the others doing?

Where do you see the second date for Montreal?
I don't see any additional dates on Ticketmaster.
When do additional dates normally go on sale, the next day?

How have the sales gone so far this morning? I noticed the Montreal date has sold out and a new arena one added but how are the others doing?

Unfortunately, ticket sales in many markets seem sluggish. Boston is my local market and there are still some tickets available, largely i'm betting due to their high price. Previous tours have sold out almost instantly; this one, not so much. When you are charging $650 for a "VIP" ticket (plus fees, mind you), what does Live Nation expect??l :doh:

I expect sales in markets they just visited on JT2017 to be slower than usual. For obvious reasons. The eye-popping price of decent lower bowl seats certainly doesn't help.

I'm not holding my breathe for more than 2 Shows in major markets they visited on JT2017. That's not a sign of failure for the band, just represents the reality of going back on tour immediately after servicing a lot of demand with JT2017.

Last edited:
$330 per ticket for upper levels on sides of the stage in NJ. No thanks! I went with $111 per ticket lower level but behind the stage. I’m not one to cheap out on shows but I saw them twice at JT and three times for Innocence tour. I’m not gonna be fleeced this time around!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, ticket sales in many markets seem sluggish. Boston is my local market and there are still some tickets available, largely i'm betting due to their high price. Previous tours have sold out almost instantly; this one, not so much. When you are charging $650 for a "VIP" ticket (plus fees, mind you), what does Live Nation expect??l :doh:

It's not unfortunate to me ;) They need a wake-up call, and I think that's going to happen when many of the stupidly priced VIP tickets and $330 uppers don't move. The VIP seats will all of a sudden be priced at $330, and the $330 uppers will be $170.

With the JT tour taking care of some casuals, I'm not buying that demand is what was even 3-4 years ago, no matter how much they try to manipulate it.

I don't know if I'd say it's sluggish just yet. Remember, everyone had to be verified before participating. No one could wake up today and hear an announcement on the radio or social media and go, "U2 tickets are on sale!"

The ticket costing in America seems way way overpriced. If you want to charge $330 for a top ticket then go ahead but for tickets in the upper decks. That's ridiculous

The ticket costing in America seems way way overpriced. If you want to charge $330 for a top ticket then go ahead but for tickets in the upper decks. That's ridiculous

Oseary is behind these prices ,he is a greedy snake.
He did the same pricing stunt with Madonna and it backfired .

Honestly I just saw U2 twice in 2015 and twice in 2017. I simply can't be bothered to drop a lot of money on tickets, take the time off work to drive to Chicago or Nashville (my 2 closest cities, both a 6 hour drive), pay for a hotel, etc. If they were playing closer to me I'd definitely go. But with all of those factors combined, I won't be seeing them next year. It sucks, but I'll live. I'm one of the biggest U2 fans that there ever was, but I just can't justify it. I'm sure there are many others that feel like me.

They have saturated most of these markets over the last 3 years. This is why after 2018 I don't think we'll see another North American tour until 2021 at the earliest. For the AB 30 TOUR!!!!

Tickets are selling HORRIBLY and it's not just due to over-saturation from the past 2 tours or the verified fan system. If U2 and Guy Oseary think people are gonna pay nearly $400/ticket to sit in the upper level at MSG, they are sorely mistaken. That's exactly why I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying that tickets are "still available" for 10 different US shows. Mind you, this email came to me nearly 5 HOURS after the East Coast tix all went on sale. NYC-area, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, etc all have plenty of tix remaining. What a joke. I can't remember a U2 tour that this has ever happened on, and I've been to every tour since Zoo in '92. PopMart had its one-off issues (I'm looking at you, Memphis), but nothing like we are seeing here.

These upper-level seats are gonna be 50% off on Stub Hub soon enough. Don't bother buying them on TM; save a bundle by waiting instead. I'm wondering if these non-sell-outs are also going to put the additional dates at risk. I know Montreal got a 2nd date, but it speaks volumes that places like MSG still haven't gotten one, and have tons of inventory left in the upper sections as of 3:30p ET.

Last edited:
Perhaps U2 will stop over touring the US and spend more time elsewhere for a change- 3 tours in 4 years and Madonna style ticket pricing seem to have reduced demand

With some creative pricing am sure the shows will sell out, just not as quickly as before. Suprised to see so much blue for places like Chicago and Washington though

I don't think it's (only) because of the high price. I tried to get Boston tickets today (for a friend). When sales started, for a long time I couldn't search for ticket. At every attempt I got an "Error With Search" message, no matter which price category. So I gave up searching, after a while.
Then, 2+ hours later I noticed that the search was working again. Though not many pairs were available, plenty of singles were, also in the <$100 range. But I guess not many people were aware of that. Or, after the first rush for tickets went away, people started to rationalize more. And yes, then those $650 VIP packages look a lot less attractive.

So I'd say that part of the fact that this tour isn't an instant sellout yet is due to Ticketmaster fucking up at 10:00 when sales started.

I kind of assumed they'd focus on Europe, Australia and Asia this year and then get to NA again in the early part of 2019. Give people a chance to miss them. I'm not worried for them, these shows will all sell out by next spring. Yes, ticket prices will be reduced. This happened a lot at the JT shows.

I don't think it's (only) because of the high price. I tried to get Boston tickets today (for a friend). When sales started, for a long time I couldn't search for ticket. At every attempt I got an "Error With Search" message, no matter which price category. So I gave up searching, after a while.
Then, 2+ hours later I noticed that the search was working again. Though not many pairs were available, plenty of singles were, also in the <$100 range. But I guess not many people were aware of that. Or, after the first rush for tickets went away, people started to rationalize more. And yes, then those $650 VIP packages look a lot less attractive.

So I'd say that part of the fact that this tour isn't an instant sellout yet is due to Ticketmaster fucking up at 10:00 when sales started.[/QUOTE

I ran into the same problem using Safari, but I switched to Chrome and no problem. Ticketmaster's fault regardless.

I kind of assumed they'd focus on Europe, Australia and Asia this year and then get to NA again in the early part of 2019. Give people a chance to miss them. I'm not worried for them, these shows will all sell out by next spring. Yes, ticket prices will be reduced. This happened a lot at the JT shows.

Price reductions happened for i&E too, especially for the added shows, certain sections went down a price tier or removed from VIP packages.

imo there are several reasons for this historically bad selling U2 Tour:

* overoveroveroveroveroversaturation of US market
* in combination with ridiculously high priced tickets
* in combination with complicated verified fan system

Yeah, not a great...dare I say it? "Experience" this time around. I got caught up in the "I'm getting U2 tickets!" feeling and didn't even pay attention to two things:

1. I'm paying $106 for a behind-stage top-section ticket that would have been $60 in 2005

2. TM Service charges for this "verified fan" junk are appalling. $20 a ticket? Come on.

I don't think even U2 can get me to keep paying these prices.

So I'd say that part of the fact that this tour isn't an instant sellout yet is due to Ticketmaster fucking up at 10:00 when sales started.

Oseary and the band arent expecting instant sellouts with this pricing scheme.
Its similar to the one that the Rolling Stones use ,very high prices and slow sellouts .

I bet there are still tickets held back for Boston. Probably sitting on a few hundred GA tix in hopes that poor fans snap up the $350 seats.

Why don't they just put every single damn seat for this tour up for auction? Not far off from that with this dynamic pricing garbage.

Tickets are selling HORRIBLY and it's not just due to over-saturation from the past 2 tours or the verified fan system. If U2 and Guy Oseary think people are gonna pay nearly $400/ticket to sit in the upper level at MSG, they are sorely mistaken. That's exactly why I just got an email from Ticketmaster saying that tickets are "still available" for 10 different US shows. Mind you, this email came to me nearly 5 HOURS after the East Coast tix all went on sale. NYC-area, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Philly, etc all have plenty of tix remaining. What a joke. I can't remember a U2 tour that this has ever happened on, and I've been to every tour since Zoo in '92. PopMart had its one-off issues (I'm looking at you, Memphis), but nothing like we are seeing here.

These upper-level seats are gonna be 50% off on Stub Hub soon enough. Don't bother buying them on TM; save a bundle by waiting instead. I'm wondering if these non-sell-outs are also going to put the additional dates at risk. I know Montreal got a 2nd date, but it speaks volumes that places like MSG still haven't gotten one, and have tons of inventory left in the upper sections as of 3:30p ET.

the best part is that even if people wanted to go buy tickets now for these underselling shows, THEY CAN'T!

didn't sign up in time for the privilege of getting absolutely fleeced in a general sale. The egg on the face when Osery will have to say "hey, you can actually buy tickets the normal way now cuz we need to sell them" will be delicious.

Also, the scalping thing (which was a total joke anyway) backfired. tons of seats for all shows at all price points on all secondary markets.

Back
Top Bottom