How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems the venue is handling the Atlanta/Duluth sales themselves, so who knows what the deal is with the 2nd show. I'm sure the intention would be to add one.

Seems possible. Only singles left in a few sections when I checked yesterday.

I couldn't even find 2 seats in the Gold level pricing scheme. There are some available for the Silver ticket thingie, but it's a little too much upper and to the side for my friends taste . .and mine too really, what, for $300 a pop.

So . . . keeping my fingers crossed for show 2.

Seems the venue is handling the Atlanta/Duluth sales themselves, so who knows what the deal is with the 2nd show. I'm sure the intention would be to add one.

Yes and I wish it was TM so that I could get a better look at the available seats.

I need 2 lower and if there were 2 very close to one another it might work for me.

But this site makes it so difficult to see what's available.

I am stunned how many tickets still remain for the two LA shows. For the second show, I would guess about 40% of the 200's section remain available. Surprisingly, not a lot of resale tickets (the red marked seats).

U2%20seating%20LA%20Forum%20Night%202_zpssonz9rbt.jpg

I am stunned how many tickets still remain for the two LA shows. For the second show, I would guess about 40% of the 200's section remain available. Surprisingly, not a lot of resale tickets (the red marked seats).

U2%20seating%20LA%20Forum%20Night%202_zpssonz9rbt.jpg
Don't be. It's done on purpose.

Those side seats are way too expensive. But some were purchased regardless. As we get closer to the show you'll see some more seats get bought at the original retail, and the other seats in higher sections will drop significantly in price.

According to U2.com the only show that has sold out at the moment is Montreal. This is stunning. Especially given how limited this tour is in duration, cities visited and venues (no stadiums).

Makes you wonder how close we are to the end.

According to U2.com the only show that has sold out at the moment is Montreal. This is stunning. Especially given how limited this tour is in duration, cities visited and venues (no stadiums).

Makes you wonder how close we are to the end.

I wouldn't worry. Read the rest of this thread. Quick sell-outs are no longer the goal. Maximizing the sale price of every single ticket is.

I wouldn't worry. Read the rest of this thread. Quick sell-outs are no longer the goal. Maximizing the sale price of every single ticket is.

They want both revenue and quick sellouts. The failure to rapidly sell out shows limits their ability to add more dates. And then of course there is the perception issue which they are undoubtedly sensitive to.

They want both revenue and quick sellouts. The failure to rapidly sell out shows limits their ability to add more dates. And then of course there is the perception issue which they are undoubtedly sensitive to.

Perhaps. But as much as we like to bash TM on here, I'm betting they've shown the band a spreadsheet that demonstrates how they actually make more money this way. Is this nerve wracking for a band that's used to instant sell-outs? Undoubtedly! But given the U2 market saturation in the US over the last three years, they probably knew they weren't going to be doing any 3+ night stands on this leg. (This is really i+e Leg 3, if you think about it.) And JT30 was absolutely the worst thing they could have done with regard to the arena tour, since it completely cannibalized sales for these legs. Nevertheless, the money they make on this leg - and they will absolutely make money - will probably help finance Leg 4 in Europe and Leg 5 down under.

Perhaps. But as much as we like to bash TM on here, I'm betting they've shown the band a spreadsheet that demonstrates how they actually make more money this way. Is this nerve wracking for a band that's used to instant sell-outs? Undoubtedly! But given the U2 market saturation in the US over the last three years, they probably knew they weren't going to be doing any 3+ night stands on this leg. (This is really i+e Leg 3, if you think about it.) And JT30 was absolutely the worst thing they could have done with regard to the arena tour, since it completely cannibalized sales for these legs. Nevertheless, the money they make on this leg - and they will absolutely make money - will probably help finance Leg 4 in Europe and Leg 5 down under.

totally agree.

and I just looked at the pricing for the LA show. Ridiculous. I hate to say it but it almost makes me hope they fail to sell a huge number of seats and are forced to drop prices significantly or suffer the same ignominy as they experienced on Popmart.

I tried looking at the Vegas show and the site was a cluster to navigate. I am surprised they cannot find a way to make the buying experience similar across venues... the complexity can't be helping sales either.

totally agree.

and I just looked at the pricing for the LA show. Ridiculous. I hate to say it but it almost makes me hope they fail to sell a huge number of seats and are forced to drop prices significantly or suffer the same ignominy as they experienced on Popmart.

They will undoubtedly drop prices, although it won't be easy to see unless you're paying attention. VIP Party seats ($600+) will be reclassified as top price seats ($325). Upper level and rear stage lowers ($325) will be reclassified as mid-tier seats ($170). And so on, until they sell. Unfortunately, anyone who paid top price for an upper level seat is getting ripped off, plain and simple.

And hundreds of GA floors (the most desirable and economical tickets in the house) will be held back until 24-48 hours before each show, to give fans every possible opportunity to buy a more expensive ticket right up until the last minute.

We're a band called the Punk Early Bird Specials, if you can't drink your meal through a straw then it's free.

Guys, don't forget that last year U2 just did a very successful stadium tour of the US/Canada. They easily could have added more shows. Most shows were sold out, or at least very full. U2 are still a very big draw, possibly the largest draw, but even that has limits.

The truth is more people are interested in seeing U2 as a nostalgia act now. If U2 said they would be playing U218 in full, they'd sell more tickets than they would touring a new album.

My guess is that after 2018 U2 won't tour the US again until 2021 at the earliest, and by then demand will have recharged. These shows will all be sold out, but prices will have to be lowered. It was the plan all along. These people aren't stupid.

Prices were very high on the secondary market for Joshua tour last year in Vancouver. I'd rather get gouged by the band et al than some chump reseller. Good seats should be around $500 because that's what they're worth. Medium seats around 200, cheapies for $80. Sounds high, but that's what they end up going for anyways. And if demand drops, fine no prob, cheap tix on stubhub by the greater fools.

Guys, don't forget that last year U2 just did a very successful stadium tour of the US/Canada. They easily could have added more shows. Most shows were sold out, or at least very full. U2 are still a very big draw, possibly the largest draw, but even that has limits.

The truth is more people are interested in seeing U2 as a nostalgia act now. If U2 said they would be playing U218 in full, they'd sell more tickets than they would touring a new album.

My guess is that after 2018 U2 won't tour the US again until 2021 at the earliest, and by then demand will have recharged. These shows will all be sold out, but prices will have to be lowered. It was the plan all along. These people aren't stupid.

If U2 had not done the Joshua Tree 2017 tour, there would be a lot more demand for this new tour in 2018. Usually U2 go away for four years when a tour is done. This time out, they have hit many of the same markets in 2015, 2017, and now 2018. U2 has not toured the same cities like this since the early 1980s.

Read a rumor at u2start.com that more tour dates will be announced at the end of this month, possibly to coincide with U2's appearance at the Grammy's. More NA dates in July, then a break in August, with Europe starting in September. The only rumors for European shows are in September-October so far. Not sure how Asia or Australia fit into this, either late 2018 or early 2019.

Read a rumor at u2start.com that more tour dates will be announced at the end of this month, possibly to coincide with U2's appearance at the Grammy's. More NA dates in July, then a break in August, with Europe starting in September. The only rumors for European shows are in September-October so far. Not sure how Asia or Australia fit into this, either late 2018 or early 2019.

I meant to post this in the general tour discussion thread.

I see that the san jose shows are still the same price. my parents are still not convinced with GA and I'm wondering if there is still a lot of tickets left. I'm going to see if I can try GA this year.

Oh, there's some history there but the valid points stand. Meanwhile, she added a 3rd MetLife show.
Eh... I mean, they do to an extent and they don't to an extent.

Obviously this method not only increases revenue, but also increases the chances of egg on ones face if a show ends up selling poorly even after the prices drop.

I also don't happen to agree with this method, but if it wasn't making the acts and LiveNation money, they wouldn't be doing it.

T Swizzle's issues with being the best at everything seem to be unrelated to the ticket issue - although there are some points this person makes that certainly could be applied to later day U2...

Back
Top Bottom