Hello from Australia U2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2018, 02:55 AM   #1
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 278
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Hello from Australia U2

Hi U2 its been over 7 years!!!

Now soon to be be 3 tours in US and Europe without coming to Australia.

Someone please give us some news that U2 are going to tour here soon? Any new news, rumours?
__________________

jeffarido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,772
Local Time: 06:44 AM
They're top of the waitlist section on Ticketek's site again, probably doesn't mean anything however. Plenty of shows from other artists at the moment to distract us in the mean time.
__________________

kabigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Babyface
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffarido View Post
Hi U2 its been over 7 years!!!

Now soon to be be 3 tours in US and Europe without coming to Australia.

Someone please give us some news that U2 are going to tour here soon? Any new news, rumours?
I’ll do my best:-

September ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-One of those ‘friend of mine works for Ticketek’ rumours - friend says an Australian Tour announcement soon to come.

October ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-Bono radio interview. Discusses production challenges of commencing tour here. Also thinking how to merge SOI, SOE and Joshua Tree 30th. Weirdly mentions playing Side 2 of Joshua Tree.

60 Minutes Interview - Edge says they’re coming. Bono says we’ll do our best to come.

Various Fan Forums - rumours of Nov/Dec ‘18 down here. Only speculation.

I’m not taking the risk. Heading to Vegas and Nashville and if they get here it’ll be a bonus.
Mr Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #4
Refugee
 
ChargedVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Australia
Posts: 1,744
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
I’ll do my best:-

September ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-One of those ‘friend of mine works for Ticketek’ rumours - friend says an Australian Tour announcement soon to come.

October ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-Bono radio interview. Discusses production challenges of commencing tour here. Also thinking how to merge SOI, SOE and Joshua Tree 30th. Weirdly mentions playing Side 2 of Joshua Tree.

60 Minutes Interview - Edge says they’re coming. Bono says we’ll do our best to come.

Various Fan Forums - rumours of Nov/Dec ‘18 down here. Only speculation.

I’m not taking the risk. Heading to Vegas and Nashville and if they get here it’ll be a bonus.
Me too mate. I'm planning on some Europe shows and any Australia shows are a bonus. Went to London and Glasgow for i+e.
ChargedVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Local Time: 03:44 PM
I think they will hit up New Zealand, Australia, and Japan in late 2018 or early 2019 at the latest. They have not played Japan since 2006. Then after that they will conclude the tour with additional 2nd legs in both Europe and North America.
vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,438
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe View Post
I think they will hit up New Zealand, Australia, and Japan in late 2018 or early 2019 at the latest. They have not played Japan since 2006. Then after that they will conclude the tour with additional 2nd legs in both Europe and North America.


Really cannot see them going back to North America next year. One leg will be enough
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #7
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Really cannot see them going back to North America next year. One leg will be enough
Oh they got a large number of places they have not hit on their current leg that has gone on sale. Lots of big cities.

Miami
Dallas
Houston
Minneapolis
Phoenix
San Diego
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Vancouver

At least two shows in each of those cities in 2019 which is 20 shows. Single shows in the following cities:

Denver
Portland OR
Charlotte NC
Tampa Bay
Atlanta - provided they don't add a second night on the 1st leg.
Atlantic City NJ
Pittsburgh PA
Providence RI

That's 28 shows in 18 cities they can do in 2019 in North America without playing any of the cities they did in 2018, except Atlanta. A lot of these cities were not played in 2015 either.
vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 AM   #8
The Fly
 
jaimearodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 210
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe View Post
Oh they got a large number of places they have not hit on their current leg that has gone on sale. Lots of big cities.

Miami
Dallas
Houston
Minneapolis
Phoenix
San Diego
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Vancouver

At least two shows in each of those cities in 2019 which is 20 shows. Single shows in the following cities:

Denver
Portland OR
Charlotte NC
Tampa Bay
Atlanta - provided they don't add a second night on the 1st leg.
Atlantic City NJ
Pittsburgh PA
Providence RI

That's 28 shows in 18 cities they can do in 2019 in North America without playing any of the cities they did in 2018, except Atlanta. A lot of these cities were not played in 2015 either.

Dont see it happening. And I’m a Miami boy.


Had to spend $$$ in U2 travel this year.
jaimearodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 AM   #9
War Child
 
philly80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney Australia -
Posts: 685
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Even bloody Bon Jovi have just announced a 2018 tour... ffs guys!!!!
philly80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:15 AM   #10
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,251
Local Time: 06:44 AM
I love how even a thread about Australia becomes about another US leg.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #11
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: San Andre.
Posts: 258
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Lols lols

Oz/Nz bound too happen end 2018 start 2019 feel sorry for them lot i read people moaning aboit having too spend £60 or £100 too fly from Scotland too England with EJet for the JT etc well them guys spend thousands too travel from Oz etc too US orEU thats no EJet prices....!!!!!!
Gavin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:46 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,772
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Every year we say start/end of 201x. It's the original 2018 it is.
kabigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #13
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 278
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I love how even a thread about Australia becomes about another US leg.
Haha yep its depressing.
jeffarido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 59,614
Local Time: 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I love how even a thread about Australia becomes about another US leg.
Not fair - posts by Sting's 8th alter don't count.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #15
The Fly
 
codeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: I live on U2 forums. TalkU2, interference mostly.
Posts: 83
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe View Post
I think they will hit up New Zealand, Australia, and Japan in late 2018 or early 2019 at the latest. They have not played Japan since 2006. Then after that they will conclude the tour with additional 2nd legs in both Europe and North America.
I’d love for them to hit Japan late next year close to rugby World Cup time. That would be perfect!
__________________

codeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com