Hello from Australia U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffarido

The Fly
Hi U2 its been over 7 years!!!

Now soon to be be 3 tours in US and Europe without coming to Australia.

Someone please give us some news that U2 are going to tour here soon? Any new news, rumours?

They're top of the waitlist section on Ticketek's site again, probably doesn't mean anything however. Plenty of shows from other artists at the moment to distract us in the mean time.

Hi U2 its been over 7 years!!!

Now soon to be be 3 tours in US and Europe without coming to Australia.

Someone please give us some news that U2 are going to tour here soon? Any new news, rumours?

I’ll do my best:-

September ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-One of those ‘friend of mine works for Ticketek’ rumours - friend says an Australian Tour announcement soon to come.

October ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-Bono radio interview. Discusses production challenges of commencing tour here. Also thinking how to merge SOI, SOE and Joshua Tree 30th. Weirdly mentions playing Side 2 of Joshua Tree.

60 Minutes Interview - Edge says they’re coming. Bono says we’ll do our best to come.

Various Fan Forums - rumours of Nov/Dec ‘18 down here. Only speculation.

I’m not taking the risk. Heading to Vegas and Nashville and if they get here it’ll be a bonus.

I’ll do my best:-

September ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-One of those ‘friend of mine works for Ticketek’ rumours - friend says an Australian Tour announcement soon to come.

October ‘17 - U2 Australia Twitter-Bono radio interview. Discusses production challenges of commencing tour here. Also thinking how to merge SOI, SOE and Joshua Tree 30th. Weirdly mentions playing Side 2 of Joshua Tree.

60 Minutes Interview - Edge says they’re coming. Bono says we’ll do our best to come.

Various Fan Forums - rumours of Nov/Dec ‘18 down here. Only speculation.

I’m not taking the risk. Heading to Vegas and Nashville and if they get here it’ll be a bonus.
Me too mate. I'm planning on some Europe shows and any Australia shows are a bonus. Went to London and Glasgow for i+e.

I think they will hit up New Zealand, Australia, and Japan in late 2018 or early 2019 at the latest. They have not played Japan since 2006. Then after that they will conclude the tour with additional 2nd legs in both Europe and North America.

I think they will hit up New Zealand, Australia, and Japan in late 2018 or early 2019 at the latest. They have not played Japan since 2006. Then after that they will conclude the tour with additional 2nd legs in both Europe and North America.

Really cannot see them going back to North America next year. One leg will be enough

Really cannot see them going back to North America next year. One leg will be enough

Oh they got a large number of places they have not hit on their current leg that has gone on sale. Lots of big cities.

Miami
Dallas
Houston
Minneapolis
Phoenix
San Diego
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Vancouver

At least two shows in each of those cities in 2019 which is 20 shows. Single shows in the following cities:

Denver
Portland OR
Charlotte NC
Tampa Bay
Atlanta - provided they don't add a second night on the 1st leg.
Atlantic City NJ
Pittsburgh PA
Providence RI

That's 28 shows in 18 cities they can do in 2019 in North America without playing any of the cities they did in 2018, except Atlanta. A lot of these cities were not played in 2015 either.

Oh they got a large number of places they have not hit on their current leg that has gone on sale. Lots of big cities.

Miami
Dallas
Houston
Minneapolis
Phoenix
San Diego
Toronto
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Vancouver

At least two shows in each of those cities in 2019 which is 20 shows. Single shows in the following cities:

Denver
Portland OR
Charlotte NC
Tampa Bay
Atlanta - provided they don't add a second night on the 1st leg.
Atlantic City NJ
Pittsburgh PA
Providence RI

That's 28 shows in 18 cities they can do in 2019 in North America without playing any of the cities they did in 2018, except Atlanta. A lot of these cities were not played in 2015 either.

Dont see it happening. And I’m a Miami boy.

Had to spend $$$ in U2 travel this year.

I love how even a thread about Australia becomes about another US leg.

Lols lols

Oz/Nz bound too happen end 2018 start 2019 feel sorry for them lot i read people moaning aboit having too spend £60 or £100 too fly from Scotland too England with EJet for the JT etc well them guys spend thousands too travel from Oz etc too US orEU thats no EJet prices....!!!!!!

Last edited:
Every year we say start/end of 201x. It's the original 2018 it is.

I’d love for them to hit Japan late next year close to rugby World Cup time. That would be perfect!

I am not an Australian, and unfortunately I probably will never make it there. But it really pisses me off that you guys haven't had shit since 2010. North America has had FOUR tours pass through since your last leg (5 if you count JT '17 as 2 different legs). Europe has had 3, and even South America has had 2 tours since your last! It's bogus! I know it's far away and everything. But they could do at least 20 shows in Aus/NZ. Then swing on up the Pacific Rim, hit up Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, South Korea, and end up in Japan. Literally every other band has done this recently, surely U2 can.

I think the hesitation stems from Madonna's last visit to the Pacific. It was a major flop from a sales and $$ point of view. Since U2 and Madonna have the same manager, that probably has something to do with it. But if the Rolling Stones can do a complete tour of Australia/NZ/Eastern Asia, then so can U2. The Stones were last there in 2014, and are rumored to be making a return visit later this year! And they're all well into their 70's!

Just an FYI for other Aussie fans - you will see some articles in the next week or two about a large stadium tour doing the capitals early next year - this is not U2 (I hear the negotiations are ongoing with Live Nation right now).

It appears someone doing an extremely long multi-year farewell tour has booked the Gabba/Optus Stadium etc to make the biggest bucks he possibly can.

Come on U2, hurry up and get those stadiums booked before other artists and events gobble them up.

Also, please follow Midnight Oil and Elton John's recent examples and book a show in Wollongong because I'd love a gig just down the road.

Quick update - there are now two solid bookings for concerts at The Gabba for early 2019. One is a certain gentleman who approves of Saturday night fighting. The other... well... it's Live Nation - though that could be Metallica, The Eagles or Bon Jovi as well. All 3 are routing tours as we speak but only Bon Jovi is looking at outdoor shows (wineries etc) as far as I know.

Also it's not Beyonce - she is looking at stadiums but not the Gabba :love:

U2 will probably swing by somewhere around 2035, it'll be just Larry and some session guys doing the RSL circuit as 'The Larry Mullen U2 Experience'. Featuring a sacked ex-Hutchence-replacement-from-INXS as frontman. In between songs Larry will share anecdotes and a slideshow about the old days when they were the biggest band in the world, and take questions from the floor.

Last edited:
Quick update - there are now two solid bookings for concerts at The Gabba for early 2019. One is a certain gentleman who approves of Saturday night fighting. The other... well... it's Live Nation - though that could be Metallica, The Eagles or Bon Jovi as well. All 3 are routing tours as we speak but only Bon Jovi is looking at outdoor shows (wineries etc) as far as I know.

Also it's not Beyonce - she is looking at stadiums but not the Gabba :love:

:hmm:

Come on U2, finally remember us.

U2 will probably swing by somewhere around 2035, it'll be just Larry and some session guys doing the RSL circuit as 'The Larry Mullen U2 Experience'. Featuring a sacked ex-Hutchence-replacement-from-INXS as frontman. In between songs Larry will share anecdotes and a slideshow about the old days when they were the biggest band in the world, and take questions from the floor.

I almost want to see this, mainly to laugh at it.

Come on U2, hurry up and get those stadiums booked before other artists and events gobble them up.

Nah, give us arenas this time around please, so long ago, & so much better! Or mix it up, with both arenas & stadiums, like the Stones sometimes do. If you want to give us a little of TJT tour experience in arenas, Exit would be awesome please!

It seems like "negotiations" have been going on for the last 3 years or so... through i+e, JT30 and into e+i. And it seems we still have nothing solid. There was even a rumour at one point of us getting both JT and e+i but that ship has long sailed.

It seems like "negotiations" have been going on for the last 3 years or so...

About the time the Aussie dollar dropped markedly against the USD. Lost 20% of its value just before i+e, & hasn't recovered too much since. One advantage of a high Aussie dollar for us (along with overseas travel), makes our market look more attractive for international acts.

Negotiations shemotiations. Autralia's that hard to play? Oh maybe when the exchange rate gods line up we'll think about it... in 2035. It's like three shows (one in Sydney, one in Melbourne and one in Woolongong).

Larry's gonna drive the complimentary shuttle bus from Toowoomba

Back
Top Bottom