Got a call from Ticketmaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CYorke

The Fly
So did anyone else get a call from Ticketmaster asking if still interested in tickets? I got a call a couple of hours ago from a ticketmaster rep asking if I was still interested I tickets. I said I may be depending in seats and prices, since I haven't seen official pricing in ticketmaster site I don't actually k ow how much they are selling for. He said they are trying to work something out where people can get tickets but he didn't have any other details. He said any tickets that would be available would be GA. He said they should have a decision by Saturday and to expect a call.

I got a message. Called back and the # went to U2com customer service. Didn’t sound likely to get actual tickets, but she mentioned maybe a code or something. She was lovely and wanted to help, but didn’t sound like she knew much. She took my info and said to expect a call back. Will wait and see.
ETA- I do appreciate that they seem to be trying to do something. More than I expected, honestly.

Last edited:
Do you know how Ticketmaster came to contact you? I mean, they won't randomly call someone asking about U2 tickets when the general sale hasn't started yet. Did you log your complaint on U2.com? Or did you raise an issue in another way?

Do you know how Ticketmaster came to contact you? I mean, they won't randomly call someone asking about U2 tickets when the general sale hasn't started yet. Did you log your complaint on U2.com? Or did you raise an issue in another way?
He started he was calling on behalf of U2.com. I did not receive a presale code and had called customer service the morning the innocence presale started. When notified I was not eligible I asked that my membership be canceled and refunded.

Yesterday I was looking around in the zootopia forums and noticed a tugged asking for people to leave their name and brief statement about their situation. I left my name on there. It appeared the thread on zootopia was started by a moderator and they were trying to build a case for offering some kind of assistance to those of us that got screwed over.

I also logged my issue on zootopia.

I have tried to go back to that thread but it has grown to over 275 comments last time I looked. I have not been able to read through them all to see if there was any follow-up from the moderator.

Just got a call. TM is offering 2 GA Tix to the show of your choice. The tide has turned...

It would be nice if there was an option for seats. Of course unfortunately they are probably all over priced anyway.

I have long standing plans for the day the Nashville show occurs so I cant line up hours ahead of time. I would like to just show up and watch the show in a decent seat for a decent price. If all I can get is GA I guess that is what I will have to take and then just stand at the back.

It would be nice if there was an option for seats. Of course unfortunately they are probably all over priced anyway.

I have long standing plans for the day the Nashville show occurs so I cant line up hours ahead of time. I would like to just show up and watch the show in a decent seat for a decent price. If all I can get is GA I guess that is what I will have to take and then just stand at the back.

Fwiw, showing up five minutes before the band takes the stage will leave you about three deep at the B-stage, maybe closer. Seats are only useful if you intend to sit. [emoji6]

I just received this email, which came from a Ticketmaster "Do not reply" address:

A Fan Club Support rep should get back to you within 12 hours.

Please don’t reply to this email as it won’t get forwarded to a representative. Be assured that we will answer your original email ASAP!

Thanks for being a fan!

Or tweet to Ticketmaster/Livenation, if you're on Twitter. I tweeted a general tweet of dismay and had TM respond, asking me to DM them with my info.

I just received this email, which came from a Ticketmaster "Do not reply" address:

A Fan Club Support rep should get back to you within 12 hours.

Please don’t reply to this email as it won’t get forwarded to a representative. Be assured that we will answer your original email ASAP!

Thanks for being a fan!

I also received this email but I assumed it was in response to an online help form I completed after this debacle started.

Yes, I found it weird that a form I filmed out on U2.com was forwarded to Ticketmaster, as if the band's organization isn't responsible for this mess by entering into a deal with the devil.

Maybe they're temporarily sending the forms to Ticketmaster with the assumption that any gripes right now are regarding tickets. Maybe they'll try and offer you something you'll want rather than cancel.

#MyBestGuess

Saw this on Twitter - they want people to call support by 10pm EST tonight.

https://twitter.com/godgrrl/status/931637258548953088

855-867-5297

***Updated - just got off the phone with support at the number above. From what he told me, anyone that calls and verifies their email address will be receiving an email within the next 24-48 hours with further instructions as to acquire GA tickets (he told me GA anyway, which is what I want).

Last edited:
On the phone now, had been on hold for about 15 minutes and got disconnected. Go figure... this whole process has been so frustrating. First world problem I know but disappointing nonetheless. Called back and am on hold again. Let's see what happens .

Saw this on Twitter - they want people to call support by 10pm EST tonight.

https://twitter.com/godgrrl/status/931637258548953088

855-867-5297

***Updated - just got off the phone with support at the number above. From what he told me, anyone that calls and verifies their email address will be receiving an email within the next 24-48 hours with further instructions as to acquire GA tickets (he told me GA anyway, which is what I want).
Wow, awesome. On hold at the moment. Lol at the hold music being U2.

Hoping for the best here.

Ok. After holding twice for 15 minutes I got through to someone who after I verified various things asked me if I got a phone call or email from them. I said no I was just responding to the twitter alert. He said if I didn't get an email or phone call they couldn't help me at this time but would note something on my account. I am so dang frustrated with this process!!!!??

Ok. After holding twice for 15 minutes I got through to someone who after I verified various things asked me if I got a phone call or email from them. I said no I was just responding to the twitter alert. He said if I didn't get an email or phone call they couldn't help me at this time but would note something on my account. I am so dang frustrated with this process!!!!??

The line is busy for me.

Well, just got off the phone and gave them all of my account info. Said I'd have a chance at getting 2 GA's for my choice of show and would be getting back to me in 72 hours. We'll see about all of that, at least they're trying...?

Not sure what to do for the general onsale now.

I just sent an email through u2.com. I love this band, but ticket buying should NOT be so stressful.

Well, just got off the phone and gave them all of my account info. Said I'd have a chance at getting 2 GA's for my choice of show and would be getting back to me in 72 hours. We'll see about all of that, at least they're trying...?

Had you received an email or anything in advance of your call?

That's great...were you one of the people who did not get a code? or one who got a code but was shut out of the tickets you wanted?

Had you received an email or anything in advance of your call?

That's great...were you one of the people who did not get a code? or one who got a code but was shut out of the tickets you wanted?

I received an email telling me to call them about tickets. I was in the Innocence group and got shut out of GA's. He said the only thing they were offering were GA's.

I posted in Zootopia in a thread that was collecting people in the innocence (or other) groups who experienced issues in the pre sale.

Back
Top Bottom