GA ticket delivery method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KentK

The Fly
Just wrapped up getting 2 GA's for San Jose, which took all of 2 minutes. Curiously though, TM allowed me to choose my delivery method-- none of which were CREDIT CARD entry. It offered eTicket (phone), standard mail (10-14 day), express mail, etc.

I picked eTicket, and it looks like I can still go into TM and change my delivery method. So maybe no CREDIT CARD entry restriction for GA's this time, at least for the Verified fan presale?

I'll be very happy not to have CC entry. ? Thanks for the info. I'm buying tomorrow. ?

It'll be nice having the physical keepsake again, that's for sure! Assuming some of you picked that, of course...

I think the verified-fan thing is meant to replace 'cc entry' as the Let's Try and Fuck the Scalpers method this time around.

Total joke unless they run the tix against StubHub listings and kill the orders a la Eric Church.

Tickets starting to get delivered folks! Stunned to get these today.

c8JFW5X.png

Last edited:
I heard some people report that the Ticketmaster site defaulted to UPS delivery, which is super shady, since it's pricey, and not everyone is looking at that part when they're so anxious to lock in those tickets. So that might be why some are getting them so quickly as well.

I ordered by phone and I guess it defaulted to Phone entry because I didn't see an option.

I did notice though that, if you decided to maybe sell the tickets, you CAN switch to a printed version for a $5 charge. Also I'm assuming you need to do this far enough in advance to actually receive the tickets.

I heard some people report that the Ticketmaster site defaulted to UPS delivery, which is super shady, since it's pricey, and not everyone is looking at that part when they're so anxious to lock in those tickets. So that might be why some are getting them so quickly as well.

This. I am peeved over a relatively meh $12 but the principle of the thing has me considering at least a call to bitch about it.

This. I am peeved over a relatively meh $12 but the principle of the thing has me considering at least a call to bitch about it.

I bet if you call you can get the $$ refunded. You'll have to wade through the first lackey then ask to speak to a supervisor, will probably take 15 minutes, but I am like you and would be doing it as much for principle as the 12 bucks if it had happened to me.

Tickets starting to get delivered folks! Stunned to get these today.

c8JFW5X.png

Me too!! I was shocked to get my ticket already! GA in NJ. Got an email today that “your tickets are being printed” this am and got home from work and my hard ticket was delivered. I didn’t pay any extra for expedited delivery - just the normal shipping fee. I’m sorry for the hell that everyone else is going through but this has been the best experience I’ve had with presale since before Vertigo. Every fan club presale since I joined U2.com in 2005 has been a nightmare for me - never got GAs- only nosebleeds if I was able to get tickets at all. For JT the only tickets that came up for me was VIP - so I spent the $$ for them. Maybe it’s karma??? Maybe because I bought the VIP tickets previously (causing much marital discord over the $$$ I spent)? All I can say is that after 20+ years of being a fan club member, I was finally to get a good ticket via this verified presale. I may be the anomaly as a U2.com fan but this was the first time it worked for me. And I went into this prepared to be disappointed after my experience with the Verified Fan Bruce On Broadway lottery. Everything I read about the fan club and Citibank presale as well as the “general” sale on Monday matches what the Bruce club said about his Broadway show sales. Bruce’s fans are just as pissed off over that situation as us U2 fans are about this. And it has not been addressed (to my knowledge). Peace & Love!!

Last edited:
I received mine through regular mail yesterday. I haven't had a paper ticket in so long, had no idea that Ticketmaster now mails them in a clearly marked envelope with a big TM return address. Remember it used to be the return in 5 days ? thing, something like that. Also the ticket visible right in the envelope window.

Wtf, talk about a giant theft target. Idiots.

For LA, the only option I got was printed ticket. Odd that the delivery methods sound different for each show; maybe it's determined by the venue?

I received mine through regular mail yesterday. I haven't had a paper ticket in so long, had no idea that Ticketmaster now mails them in a clearly marked envelope with a big TM return address. Remember it used to be the return in 5 days ? thing, something like that. Also the ticket visible right in the envelope window.

Wtf, talk about a giant theft target. Idiots.

Yeah I got mine yesterday as well.
They envelope only contained the 2 tickets, plus the receipt on ticket stock doubled as the address label. They've gone bare bones and its definitely obvious if you have an unscrupulous mail carrier.

Yeah I got mine yesterday as well.
They envelope only contained the 2 tickets, plus the receipt on ticket stock doubled as the address label. They've gone bare bones and its definitely obvious if you have an unscrupulous mail carrier.
That's what mine was. And how much did they charge for that, can't remember. I know my letter carrier and he seems like an honest guy. But I would worry about the sorting facility, about delivery to the wrong address, and just theft out of the mailbox. I've had issues with two out of those three.

It's ridiculous, but I'm a sucker and want a souvenir for my ticket book, so ... yeah. I'm 4.50 poorer now.

It's ridiculous, but I'm a sucker and want a souvenir for my ticket book, so ... yeah. I'm 4.50 poorer now.

Don't feel bad, I bought the souvenirs, too. I look at it this way: they're cheaper than anything I could buy at the show or on the fan club website, and they're show-specific!

I do it all the time, so you're not alone there. I've always gotten PDFs too (and still do, especially if I might upgrade my tickets somehow down the road in a drop or something). But if at all possible, I get the hard ticket just for the keepsake.

Back
Top Bottom