GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welp. You're on to me! I'm doing this purely for my own good!! Congrats guys! You figured me out! And all the other line leaders too in all the other cities! Now can you kindly go back to your lives and leave us alone?? I would give my left arm for the band to read this shaming of fans by other fans right now. You're right Sam, I AM a kind hearted person. So much so that I'm selfishly sitting here by myself in Cleveland right now to organize a fair line in the hopes that EVERYONE safely gets a great spot on the floor. I could be at home working, sleeping, or working on my masters degree. Yes, I have a number one on my hand. Truthfully that may not matter anyway once the venue takes over. If you think a number on my hand is THAT important to me to make a sacrifice like I have then you're dead wrong. I'm doing it as a fan for other fans. Don't put me in a freaking category with others that you don't seem to like that have ran lines. I'm my OWN person.

She's a regular Jesus Christ. :lol::lol::lol:

Someone in that group really should ask "would you still do this if it didn't almost assure you a spot front row centre? If not, then you are not doing this selflessly - get over yourself." (Oh sorry no say CENTER - I don't want to give my Canadian away. :D)

This is the lady who started the list. I immediately knew who superblue was referring to and couldn't stop laughing. :lmao:

Ask that question to the gal at the top of the tree who caught Bono's backwashed waterbottle and quite literally looked like her head was going to explode

I would give my left arm for the band to read this shaming of fans by other fans right now.

Funny, I'd give up a digit for the band to read about the bullshit that happens regarding the GA lines.

Oh wait, they probably do know. They just don't care.

Until they read about these huge sacrifices being made for them. Huge, guys. When the band heard about these selfless martyrs, they'll dedicate songs to them and invite them all on stage every night.

(I cannot resist the snark, but honestly, there's some mean-spiritedness I'm seeing that seriously bums me out. Call people out on their bullshit but can we not be total assholes?)

The latest tidbit I just heard for the first time: The first 20 numbers on the list are reserved for people who agree to put in a shift running the GA line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that fact hasn't widely been disclosed before. Which only frustrates me more about the lack of transparency for the whole system.

The line runners may argue that they put up a lot of time & effort to run the line, and so this top 20 system is fair. It could only even *begin* to be fair if this fact was openly disclosed to everyone...

A few of us genuinely asked for pics of the list in Cleveland because of course a few of us also know some dirty dirty names. Nope - they can assure us that everyone on there has showed up. Whether it's them or a reasonable facsimile remains to be seen, but if it was totally transparent we're questioning why we can't see the names as we will know damn well if some of the usuals are still in NJ.

Dumping a friend of mine off tomorrow when we get there so she can get a number (we have a 5 hour drive to convince her to dump the shit and stand back with us losers) so if I get the chance I might snap one myself. Only if I can find a free place to park though which would be unlikely - not paying an extra cent for that though because I'm already paying to valet park at our hotel.

The latest tidbit I just heard for the first time: The first 20 numbers on the list are reserved for people who agree to put in a shift running the GA line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that fact hasn't widely been disclosed before. Which only frustrates me more about the lack of transparency for the whole system.

The line runners may argue that they put up a lot of time & effort to run the line, and so this top 20 system is fair. It could only even *begin* to be fair if this fact was openly disclosed to everyone...

That has happened at previous shows. But don't you dare say this "list" is ANYTHING but a service to fans. If it wasn't for the selfless martyrs who run the list, we would all descend into chaos.

tenor.gif

I am not in any inner circle of line runners, but I knew this, it is told to people either when the line announcement is posted, or when they check in, if there are still available slots.

I didn't know it, and I'm the guy retweeting line-related shit on U2gigs! Which, to the line runner class, seems to be sufficient for everybody to be aware of their scam. If only every GA ticketholder at every show followed U2gigs, and followed so closely too. We could monetise the hell out of that sort of attention!

Back
Top Bottom