GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I lurked for general GA info, I jaw dropped at the epic karma killing rail hogging list making fuckery and I stayed for the comedy gold.

Someone refresh my memory - when did the NJ line start? (Wanting to confirm a theory.)

This is when it started it appears. Sunday.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffReinhart77/status/879183014294683648?p=v

So if you listened to the venue, you would have these entitled assholes claiming they are in front of you.

So why people endorse the venues is beyond me.

My theory got confirmed between here and other sources re: the line, but there's just enough wiggle room in the time frame that it's not the 100% proof that I could post in here without the entitled jumping on me with "But (thing that makes it not 100%) so it's not true!"

You mean the theory that people have joined private groups and know who is going to which shows so they can have the list pre made and already with the names of people who are possibly still at shows in other cities and it planned out as to who the runner is for each city so that when it's started they already have some who have shown up and make the check in windows sooooo long that no one will ever know that the people are not even getting in town for a day or so.

I have some tin foil on my hat but that's what I can glean.

And then on the day of, they make sure all the people show up and use the I'm an entitled shit wad that's going to harras someone if security tries to do their job and Fuck with our list when they hand out venue bands and don't allow our 200 people already in the line the first 200 bands.

You mean the theory that people have joined private groups and know who is going to which shows so they can have the list pre made and already with the names of people who are possibly still at shows in other cities and it planned out as to who the runner is for each city so that when it's started they already have some who have shown up and make the check in windows sooooo long that no one will ever know that the people are not even getting in town for a day or so.

Got it in one. (Spurred by one of the line runners who I know was in Boston but had a very low number for tonight (I know this for a fact because said person was asked what number they had to get where they are on FB and they answered with a very low number.) But there's just enough room hours-wise for travel between the general time when they said they left Boston and the time a line update was posted with a number close to theirs that someone could say "No, they just got up super early!")

I mean, I heard stories from the last leg of 360 about something very similar happening (people being added to the list when in other countries), but with the spread of the fandom on social media it's getting pretty blatant.

Yep. JamieR, if you are still reading (totally don't blame you if you're not), THIS is why threads like this exist.

It's complete asshattery and people who pull that shit deserve scorn.

Lots of venues handed out official numbered wristbands early morning on show day. ALL honored the fan run list. (I didnt hear about anything tonight, but there is no mayhem going on here so I'll guess they honored it.) I like the idea of show up early, get your band and come back an hour before gate, then lottery for the front.

Get off the cross. friend sent this to me and thought I'd share.

I'm going to go on record and say this right now: I will not respond to ignorant comments regarding this line. First: I have helped run other lines. Second: I have been in MULTIPLE GA lines since the Elevation tour. Third: I have been advised on how to start and run this line by experienced line runners. Fourth: I have just driven from Baltimore on hardly any sleep to start and run this line FAIRLY AND SMOOTHLY for the fans. Fifth: I am doing nothing in Cleveland that hasn't been done in other cities on this tour. Lastly: u2 is about peace, harmony, unity, brotherhood and sisterhood. Please respect their message and I and others who are here starting and running this line VOLUNTARILY so that you may have a front row spot on the rail. RANT OVER.

"U2 is about peace, harmony, unity, brotherhood and sisterhood"
I hate when they get sanctimonious like that.
Apparently U2 (or the GA experience) is also about self-servedness, secrecy and exclusion but the sanctimonious assholes leave that out of their sermons.

Looks like @thereisnolistu2 is going to have another screencap here...

Honestly, if line runners are doing this for everyone else, I wonder if they'd be as anxious to if every line runner were designated to be #200 or over at the show. You know, since it's for the fans and all.

Back
Top Bottom