GA "Line" Shenanigans Part 2: You Just Made The List! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Hopefully it's under a trabant.
With very weak suspension wires.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:
Welp. You're on to me! I'm doing this purely for my own good!! Congrats guys! You figured me out! And all the other line leaders too in all the other cities! Now can you kindly go back to your lives and leave us alone?? I would give my left arm for the band to read this shaming of fans by other fans right now. You're right Sam, I AM a kind hearted person. So much so that I'm selfishly sitting here by myself in Cleveland right now to organize a fair line in the hopes that EVERYONE safely gets a great spot on the floor. I could be at home working, sleeping, or working on my masters degree. Yes, I have a number one on my hand. Truthfully that may not matter anyway once the venue takes over. If you think a number on my hand is THAT important to me to make a sacrifice like I have then you're dead wrong. I'm doing it as a fan for other fans. Don't put me in a freaking category with others that you don't seem to like that have ran lines. I'm my OWN person.
She's a regular Jesus Christ.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:51 PM   #93
Refugee

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Quote:
I could be at home working, sleeping, or working on my masters degree
So fucking go and do that then! Why we have to be thankful these people are alive is absolutely out of line.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #94
Refugee

Someone in that group really should ask "would you still do this if it didn't almost assure you a spot front row centre? If not, then you are not doing this selflessly - get over yourself." (Oh sorry no say CENTER - I don't want to give my Canadian away. )
Old 06-29-2017, 01:27 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
She's a regular Jesus Christ.

I'm impressed that she was able to nail herself to a cross and still type.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #96
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:43 AM
You'd be surprised how accurate Google's voice typing has become
Old 06-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

This is the lady who started the list. I immediately knew who superblue was referring to and couldn't stop laughing.

Quote:
Ask that question to the gal at the top of the tree who caught Bono's backwashed waterbottle and quite literally looked like her head was going to explode
Old 06-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
You'd be surprised how accurate Google's voice typing has become
Yes its a varied Acura tit app lick a shun.

Sent from my flip phone using Google voice
Old 06-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

I would give my left arm for the band to read this shaming of fans by other fans right now.

Funny, I'd give up a digit for the band to read about the bullshit that happens regarding the GA lines.

Oh wait, they probably do know. They just don't care.

Until they read about these huge sacrifices being made for them. Huge, guys. When the band heard about these selfless martyrs, they'll dedicate songs to them and invite them all on stage every night.

(I cannot resist the snark, but honestly, there's some mean-spiritedness I'm seeing that seriously bums me out. Call people out on their bullshit but can we not be total assholes?)
Old 06-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #100
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
I can't stop giggling. I would so buy these shirts.

https://twitter.com/thereisnolistu2/...72615595663360

Wow. Bravo to whoever did this.

People need to spread this around the community.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #101
The Fly

Local Time: 08:43 AM
The latest tidbit I just heard for the first time: The first 20 numbers on the list are reserved for people who agree to put in a shift running the GA line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that fact hasn't widely been disclosed before. Which only frustrates me more about the lack of transparency for the whole system.

The line runners may argue that they put up a lot of time & effort to run the line, and so this top 20 system is fair. It could only even *begin* to be fair if this fact was openly disclosed to everyone...
Old 06-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #102
Refugee

A few of us genuinely asked for pics of the list in Cleveland because of course a few of us also know some dirty dirty names. Nope - they can assure us that everyone on there has showed up. Whether it's them or a reasonable facsimile remains to be seen, but if it was totally transparent we're questioning why we can't see the names as we will know damn well if some of the usuals are still in NJ.

Dumping a friend of mine off tomorrow when we get there so she can get a number (we have a 5 hour drive to convince her to dump the shit and stand back with us losers) so if I get the chance I might snap one myself. Only if I can find a free place to park though which would be unlikely - not paying an extra cent for that though because I'm already paying to valet park at our hotel.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat416 View Post
The latest tidbit I just heard for the first time: The first 20 numbers on the list are reserved for people who agree to put in a shift running the GA line.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that fact hasn't widely been disclosed before. Which only frustrates me more about the lack of transparency for the whole system.

The line runners may argue that they put up a lot of time & effort to run the line, and so this top 20 system is fair. It could only even *begin* to be fair if this fact was openly disclosed to everyone...
That has happened at previous shows. But don't you dare say this "list" is ANYTHING but a service to fans. If it wasn't for the selfless martyrs who run the list, we would all descend into chaos.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat416 View Post

I am not in any inner circle of line runners, but I knew this, it is told to people either when the line announcement is posted, or when they check in, if there are still available slots.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #105
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:43 PM
I didn't know it, and I'm the guy retweeting line-related shit on U2gigs! Which, to the line runner class, seems to be sufficient for everybody to be aware of their scam. If only every GA ticketholder at every show followed U2gigs, and followed so closely too. We could monetise the hell out of that sort of attention!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote