"Full View" Seats Behind the Stage??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sam1234

Babyface
I bought a pair of tickets for Nashville in section 111. They say full view but appear to be behind the stage. How can they be full view...am I missing something?

Sat behind the stage in 2015 with this setup and it was full view. Every arena tour I prefer behind the stage it’s a great view and you’re really close. I even could still see the screen at an angle.

Sat behind the stage in 2015 with this setup and it was full view. Every arena tour I prefer behind the stage it’s a great view and you’re really close. I even could still see the screen at an angle.

There's no back wall to the stage then? Why are they significantly cheaper?

Full view just staring at their backs 80% of the show and there is a screen back there too that shows what’s on the main screen. Best place is midway to top of lower bowl.

I sat behind the stage for this tour at MSG.

It was pretty terrible unless you like seeing the faces of the audience and not the band. Not so bad when they go out to the 'e' stage and you can see the screen, but when on teh main stage you see their backs and asses.

For a band that has insisted on playing 360 whenever possible since the UF Tour, they've never really done a great job of playing to the people behind the stage. They should turn the drum set around, and the whole band play a few songs facing the "wrong way" for those people. Instead you have Bono walk by at most 3 times, Edge and sometimes Adam will make one pass along the back ramp. Larry might give you a single wave.

I sat behind the stage at a Springsteen show once and he really engaged with us quite a bit.

Behind the stage is awesome for shows at MSG! I've seen U2 there like 4 or 5 times, always aweomse. Great sound. I recall my first experience was seeing The Police and it was amazing. You're close to the band, sounds really good.

But like many of us I plan on seeing many shows, so I don't care if every show I see the video screen. I'm there to hear the band -- not see them really. I know we want both, just saying.

Actually last tour on GA I recall sometimes the sound being not as great as when I was in a seat for the show. I've been wearing ear plugs because I'm old and can't take it, but people that are smarter than me can tell you that the best sound of the show is probably not on the floor. The view is great.

Just saying, there's pros and cons to all seats.

I sat behind the stage for this tour at MSG.

It was pretty terrible unless you like seeing the faces of the audience and not the band. Not so bad when they go out to the 'e' stage and you can see the screen, but when on teh main stage you see their backs and asses.

For some, that would be a very nice view... :wink: if it's your only show then another spot would be better, but if doing multiples it's actually not a bad place to see the show, I have seen a few from that vantage point, and have one that is there but more to the side (better screen view) for this tour so far.

Back
Top Bottom