eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

galactic2154

The Fly
Just renewed my subscription for this year. 1st year renewing as I bought last year for the Joshua Tree tour. I ended up with the iNNOCENCE group despite the first year renewal. I'm a little upset with this as maybe I had the expectation of being part of the first group. That's $90 additional dollars gone to these folks (also have yet to receive my 2017 gift.) Also, with one date for Los Angeles, I don't expect many tickets to be available on Wednesday but I think another date will be released. Okay, rant over.

What group are you and how many years have you been a member?

In the same boat as you. Kinda sucks. Hoping I can get my hands on Las Vegas GA's on day 2 of the presale. Best of luck to you!

Shoot! I have to renew now to purchase in the presale if I went to the Joshua Tree shows this year? You gotta be kidding me.

I'm in Experience. I've been a member off and on (mostly on) since the Propganda days around 1999. I lapsed a bit but I don't think I have in about 5 years.

I got the email with the directions for tomorrow and then 10 minutes later I got the one saying it was a mistake and they can't give me presale access.

I'm not sure what's worse. Not getting the email soon like some of you or like some of us getting the email and then getting another one 10 minutes later saying, "Hahaha, psyche, you're not getting anything!"I literally feel like I've been punched in the gut. I've been feeling like I can't breathe properly since I got the second email. This can't be happening.

I’m glad I️t wasn’t just me. I️t has to be a mistake. They can give presale access to everybody if they want, and if they run out of tix, they run out.

I don't know. I'm at a loss here. First time I've been legit scared of being shut out of the presale since Zoo TV. Haven't missed a tour since then. I have had a really shitty year and this was the one thing I was looking forward to. I can't even. I don't know what to say.

Wow that's harsh! I'm obsessively checking my inbox for a second email.

Twitter seems to think it's people who used their code on JT but did not renew their membership in the last couple of weeks? In any case I'd be on the phone with u2.com right now.

I renewed my membership over 2 weeks ago so that's not it. At least not in my case.

rTTZknh.png

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! There are no words at my feelings right now.

I heard that it's people with more than one account that are getting this email

Got that, too. U2.com is U2eless. Sent a strongly worded missive to them, but it all amounts to shouting at the sky.

rTTZknh.png

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! There are no words at my feelings right now.
Got the same message. Really disappointing and feeling the same as you are. Just a fan trying to see the show. I know what you are feeling right now.
Really hope this tour has problems selling tickets after the public sale just to see how they try to get rid of unsold tickets since you would have had to been verified before Nov. 18 for public sale.
I bet that if tickets sales do not go as fast as planned after the public onsale, they will change their tune after a certain period goes by and let anyone purchase tickets without being verified to sell the unsold tickets.
Did U2 not take into account the some of their fans see multiple shows or go with more than 2 people to the show which would require multiple subscriptions to U2.com for presale access?
Eventually it would be their loss. As I remember I&E had difficulty selling tickets in various markets last time even here in toronto which they are not playing this time around so far. I think tickets have even gone up slightly for this tour. Really hope this backfires on them.

Last edited:
People, read the terms and conditions on the fanclub and presale codes. One fanclub membership and presale code per person. So if you have two accounts you violated the terms and conditions. The other people you are buying tickets for should have had a subscription.

What about those of us who only have had one fan club membership for the past 20 years and never tried to circumvent the system and only ever bought 2 tickets total in every presale since the beginning? There's no explanation. Except that Ticketmaster is the devil and I have never hated them more than I do right now.

The only good news is that this new album will undoubtedly be absolutely terrible and ticket sales will most likely be soft. Shows won’t be too tough to attend without a decent single.

The only good news is that this new album will undoubtedly be absolutely terrible and ticket sales will most likely be soft. Shows won’t be too tough to attend without a decent single.

if you are hoping the new album will be absolutely terrible why would you even want to go to a show? :rolleyes:

Just got the same message. What the heck? Have had one and only one account for years. Keep up my membership, but like everyone else, had to re-up last week even though it doesn't expire until February. HELP!

Back
Top Bottom