eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn’t say anything about hoping. I don’t mean to offend your sensibilities but if the band thinks You’re the Best Thing is so good I️t had to be the first single, then there’s just no fucking way this album is good.

Angry U2 > Soft as Baby Shit U2

I just got off the phone with the fan club customer service. He told me that the people who got the email saying they made a mistake are in fact not getting presale codes. He kept saying it was because of the verified fan registration that some people got picked and others did not. So I guess they did use that lottery for presale too, not just for public on sale. I can't believe this is really happening! I've never been denied access to the presale in over 20 years!!

Hi,

Did anybody receive the email we were supposedly supposed to get Nov 13th in the night? Looking all over my email account, but can't find anything (even in the spam folder).

just don't take out your frustrations on the poor person answering the phone... they had nothing to do with this policy or these emails. that person is guaranteed to be having a shitty morning already through no fault of their own. be easy fam.

(855) 867-5297

I agree, don't be mean to the person who answers the phone because they're not the ones responsible for this fiasco. They're just answering the phones.

(855) 867-5297

but it has been busy for the last 15 minutes. When is the last time you got a busy signal on a customer service line?

So it seems this presale was set up like Bruce/Broadway shows (random selection and not guaranteed), but this wasn't communicated, and judging from the email debacle, someone screwed up.

I wonder if this will be the same for the citi verified presale, as well. Any thoughts?

I️t was communicated - there were never any guarantees. But if you think about I️t logically, I️t makes absolutely no sense. There can’t be more than a few thousand people in each market who have been subscribers since 2016 without lapsing. Furthermore, they could have made more presale tickets available. Lastly, if they fucked up and sent an email already, just give those people access at that point. You run out of tickets, you run out. Oh well. Happens on every tour, even with the earliest access code.

These things are always run by morons.

(855) 867-5297

but it has been busy for the last 15 minutes. When is the last time you got a busy signal on a customer service line?

So it seems this presale was set up like Bruce/Broadway shows (random selection and not guaranteed), but this wasn't communicated, and judging from the email debacle, someone screwed up.
But Bruce I think doesn't have a fan club. Tickets for his Broadway shows were all public onsale in which you had to be verified. I agree, if this was a lottery system even for U2 fan club members, nothing was communicated.
I know for Pearl Jam they had a lottery for even fan club members. I had a friend, who for their last tour did not get a chance for the presale and is in the fan club forever. To say, he was not pleased at all.

Last edited:
I wonder if this will be the same for the citi verified presale, as well. Any thoughts?

Yes the Citi presale and the public on sale are also on this bullshit lottery system.
I was under the wrong impression that the fan club presale was different because I thought incorrectly that anyone who followed the steps to complete the required setup in the fan club would be getting a presale code.
I was very wrong because all tickets for all U2 shows no matter what method (fan club presale, Citi or public on sale) are ALL under this new "verified fan" lottery which arbitrarily picks and chooses who gets a shot and buying tickets or not.

Yes the Citi presale and the public on sale are also on this bullshit lottery system.
I was under the wrong impression that the fan club presale was different because I thought incorrectly that anyone who followed the steps to complete the required setup in the fan club would be getting a presale code.
I was very wrong because all tickets for all U2 shows no matter what method (fan club presale, Citi or public on sale) are ALL under this new "verified fan" lottery which arbitrarily picks and chooses who gets a shot and buying tickets or not.
But I don't think that U2.com communicated anywhere (i could be wrong) that the fan club sale was a lottery system?

Lottery system sucks but if thats what theyre using then fair enough. What is complete bs is sending emails saying youre in the presale and then another saying oops sorry that was a mistake. My first u2 show was tiffanys ballroom in glasgow 1979 i think. two or three shows a tour since then. I am now done with U2 concerts. Want a refund as i had to renew my subscription up to june 2019. #Fn disgusted

Lottery system sucks but if thats what theyre using then fair enough. What is complete bs is sending emails saying youre in the presale and then another saying oops sorry that was a mistake. My first u2 show was tiffanys ballroom in glasgow 1979 i think. two or three shows a tour since then. I am now done with U2 concerts. Want a refund as i had to renew my subscription up to june 2019. #Fn disgusted
I agree, totally disgusted. Going to try to get a refund but have a feeling but it is going to be an uphill battle trying to get one.

No they did not. They never said the lottery would be used for the fan club presale.

Not supportive of this method by any means, but they actually did hint about it. From the FAQ about the presale:

"Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale? All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale."

Not supportive of this method by any means, but they actually did hint about it. From the FAQ about the presale:

"Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale? All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale."
But on the current atu2 podcast, the mod from U2.com said nothing about lottery system for fan club members, but said that if you setup was green you were good to go and should get a pre sale code. He also said that you could have different accounts for family members under the same roof but to try to use different credit cards (which I did). He did say that they would look at your previous ticket buying habits, to see if you look like a scalper. By no means my previous buying habits look like a scalper. I'm not buying hundreds of tickets.

Last edited:
Sounds like Larry needs to write another strongly worded letter.

This is pretty poor to take peoples' subscription money early and then not give them a code.

I just got off the phone with the fan club customer service. He told me that the people who got the email saying they made a mistake are in fact not getting presale codes. He kept saying it was because of the verified fan registration that some people got picked and others did not. So I guess they did use that lottery for presale too, not just for public on sale. I can't believe this is really happening! I've never been denied access to the presale in over 20 years!!

crap that's horrible :(

Sounds like Larry needs to write another strongly worded letter.

This is pretty poor to take peoples' subscription money early and then not give them a code.
It gives Bono more money to invest in that shopping mall in Lithuania for tax purposes.

This presale is a fucking joke. I've been refreshing the search for tickets for the show at Madison Square Garden now for the last 7 minutes and it keeps offering me the same fucking seats in section 211. Upper level. Clearly they've made no seats available in the lower bowl side sections for fans in the presale. Thanks for allowing us access to the presale and now here's you shitty selection of seats. Unreal.

I pulled up a few seats in for MSG in the lower level -- for the corners so you won't fully see the screen. Went with some 200 level seats for me and the husband so we'll see how that goes.

This presale is a fucking joke. I've been refreshing the search for tickets for the show at Madison Square Garden now for the last 7 minutes and it keeps offering me the same fucking seats in section 211. Upper level. Clearly they've made no seats available in the lower bowl side sections for fans in the presale. Thanks for allowing us access to the presale and now here's you shitty selection of seats. Unreal.

Same. Msg is the most corrupt venue on the planet though. Shady business done with unions and employees there all the time.

i lucked out and got 2 GA for boston. Hubby's account magically was converted from an 'experience' account to an 'innocence' account overnight, so who knows what will happen tomorrow. I got my presale code via text at 7:45am and then bought tickets with the ticketmaster app. The website (as usual) froze up. My email came last night at 10:45pm.

The lottery system really does suck, especially since we are all the biggest fans. I can't figure out why U2 would agree to this...

I went with Chase Bridges seating at MSG - I love it up there because you’re not packed in so tight, but $275 for two tickets...

I was one of the first ones in on MSG. I clicked on the GA's . tickets came up so I clicked Buy Tickets. Then it tells me someone else bought the tickets. This went on several times. after about 15 minutes i got frustrated and went to the new jersey show. scooped up 2 GA's in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom