eXPERIENCE or iNNOCENCE presale group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a single GA to Newark. Philadelphia (which uses an inferior partner site) was immediately a joke with the same $375 ticket over and over, Chicago also had only terrible seats immediately. So it worked out to have a few options open.

This is a genuine question. A lot of people online are FURIOUS they didn't get GA tickets today. Like, apoplectic. I get being disappointed and sad and upset. But I don't really get how U2 are the devil just because someone didn't get a GA in the general sale. I have completely struck out in general sales at least 90% of the time and never pulled GA the other 10% over the past two decades. Isn't that just what happens? Am I missing something?

Its "supposed" to prevent bots and scalpers from participating.

Okay, so a code is what you need to participate altogether then? I think this makes sense now. :lol:

I played around with the code I got today for the Chicago show, even though I already have my GA. Didn't pull up any GAs... only lower level seats were on the opposite end from the stage or directly behind it. Plenty of VIP seats two sections down though starting at $475.

This is a genuine question. A lot of people online are FURIOUS they didn't get GA tickets today. Like, apoplectic. I get being disappointed and sad and upset. But I don't really get how U2 are the devil just because someone didn't get a GA in the general sale. I have completely struck out in general sales at least 90% of the time and never pulled GA the other 10% over the past two decades. Isn't that just what happens? Am I missing something?

I've always gotten my GAs for this band in the pre-sales, except for one show two years ago. Took me about 40 minutes of refreshing before I was able to pull one up.

Ultimately, that's why I keep up with the membership rather than risk not getting one in the general sale or risking the wait until a ticket drop, if it ever happens.

General admission area in the US is much smaller than Europe ,there are probably 2500 tickets in it .
Half that were sold in the presales ,and about a quarter get held back by the venue /promoter.
So its about 600 tickets for general sale ,divide that by 4 ,and you see why GA is almost impossible to get.

General admission area in the US is much smaller than Europe ,there are probably 2500 tickets in it .
Half that were sold in the presales ,and about a quarter get held back by the venue /promoter.
So its about 600 tickets for general sale ,divide that by 4 ,and you see why GA is almost impossible to get.

That's what I'm saying. Boston still has regular tickets available. They aren't all great or cheap, but they would put you in that Gahden!

Last edited:
I wasn't able to purchase tickets for the Experience pre sale so I thought I'd wait for the general sale. Is there a separate code that is needed for the general sale because I wasn't able to purchase tickets for this either. It didn't take my Experience code. Does this mean I won't be able to get tickets? Many thanks!

Not good. 10:02am GA was gone for the Atlanta show, not even 1 ticket for GA was available. I didn't have this much issues last time. Maybe I'm not going to a U2 show this time.

Yeah, trying to keep perspective, there's the usual everybody wants GA cries, that's going to happen. Some people don't even really mind seats but the cost keeps us in GA. I think the only way to mitigate that is if they bring up the price of GAs some and lower the price of the better seats. But I don't think a lot of people would be happy about that.

There is really one group that was f-d over and those are the fan club subscribers who were not verified for codes so they couldn't even try. It wasn't even that big a group judging by the various online polls but they are loud. Unless they are really determined to be a scalper, every fan club member should have gotten code, especially since they made you renew for it.

Not to mention the fact that all of the pissed off fan club members that were locked out of the pre-sale were offered GA tickets. Not sure what that quantity of tickets was but I am sure that affected the number that would be available for the general public sale.

Not sure about all. I'm one of the pissed off fan club members, and haven't been offered squat, except a "here's your presale code" 3 days after the pre-sale need.

Not to mention the fact that all of the pissed off fan club members that were locked out of the pre-sale were offered GA tickets. Not sure what that quantity of tickets was but I am sure that affected the number that would be available for the general public sale.

Not all of the pissed off fan club members got offered GA tix, I know a couple who have not heard anything back or were turned down.

Try searching for GA's the day of the show if you can. That's how I ended up getting last minute GA's the last two arena tours.

still waiting for a phone call from ticketmaster, they said i would receive on today. honestly i don't care if they call or not, i am fine holding the code for possible future dates.

for what its worth, even with all the pain in the ass verified fan club issues, this was one of the easier u2 tours to get tickets for. I have 3 people with fan club memberships in my family, only 2 of which got experience codes. i have a citi card, and i registered for the general onsale. I got all the tickets i wanted , for all the shows I wanted, all GA. Long Island, Philly, Newark, and Nashville. 2-5 tix for each show. no significant issues. over the 3 sales i was able to get GA's each time. I honestly have no complaints. zootv indoor was a horror show, vertigo was a mess, this was relatively easy for me. i doubt i was the only one that found it this simple compared to other tours.

also, GA's for all the shows i looked at, including MSG, are on sale on stub hub for less than the cost of a full price lower bowl seat. While its not face value, i would argue its still a better deal than paying for seats.

Last edited:
Is Ticketmaster website look different to you? Maybe it's just pushing its resale tickets more -- just seems not the same. Also I tried for Boston and NYC today and Boston told me sold out right away. It was so busy it died. Never happened before.

I got 1 extra behind the stage cheap tickets. Was lucky with presale fan. But it was crazy high demand.

And U2 priced balcony so high 325 Even scalpers haven't bought them all yet.

OK, second presale tomorrow. I did get my code for the last one (3 days after presale closed...) and didn't use it, so I should be able to with this presale. Go to the webpage, it says "Check Setup". I click that, it says "Setup Complete". Anyone else getting that?

OK, second presale tomorrow. I did get my code for the last one (3 days after presale closed...) and didn't use it, so I should be able to with this presale. Go to the webpage, it says "Check Setup". I click that, it says "Setup Complete". Anyone else getting that?

Yeah, I got that. I had an Experience code I only bought one ticket on, so I should be able to use it for another ticket. I didn't get any follow up email about this sale (although I did get email again about renewing that account a few days ago even though I was already setup and Verified and got code) so I am not sure if I use the same code or if I am getting another one! I see communication has not improved very well...

Waiting for the Chicago show later today, but just used the e-mailed Experience code for the MSG show on a desktop computer and was able to pull up a GA easy. Hopefully it's easier this time around for just about everyone!

Back
Top Bottom