eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour predictions setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole Innocence part of the set was just so well done. I mean, I don't love Song For Someone, but whatever.

The whole Innocence part of the set was just so well done. I mean, I don't love Song For Someone, but whatever.

That was a real pointless inclusion that could've been better served by just about anything. It never earned its spot.

Think they have to play streets and wowy.

He said they wasn't playing any songs but then threw in " that's the plan " :)

So we've had the album for a week now what live songs does everyone want from the new record??

Lights of home
Get out of your own way
Summer of love
Red flag day
Little things that give you away
The blackout

They are the main 6 I want to hear

You're the best thing about me
American soul

There gonna get played 100% I think

Wouldn't mind hearing the showman aswell

That was a real pointless inclusion that could've been better served by just about anything. It never earned its spot.
Disagree, and not because I like the song.

Without Song For Someone the whole storyline falls apart.

The first half of the show was really spectacular. It was Broadway like, minus the falling Spidermen.

But the theme that pulled everything together, from the opening, through the Iris/Hugging/Ali section, and out into the war/terrorism loss of innocence part at the end was "the light." The big smashing lightbulb awesomeness that is the end of Until The End Of The World makes more sense with the light theme, and the light theme is all built around Song For Someone.

Disagree, and not because I like the song.

Without Song For Someone the whole storyline falls apart.

The first half of the show was really spectacular. It was Broadway like, minus the falling Spidermen.

But the theme that pulled everything together, from the opening, through the Iris/Hugging/Ali section, and out into the war/terrorism loss of innocence part at the end was "the light." The big smashing lightbulb awesomeness that is the end of Until The End Of The World makes more sense with the light theme, and the light theme is all built around Song For Someone.

Ehhh... The lightbulb is established as soon as the show opens and the setlist would've flowed fine without it. Mix the graphics into a few other songs and you're fine.

Agreed that first half was spectacular, too bad they couldn't get the 2nd half into shape.

And Spidey was the worst thing I've seen on Broadway thus far.

Ehhh... The lightbulb is established as soon as the show opens and the setlist would've flowed fine without it. Mix the graphics into a few other songs and you're fine.

Agreed that first half was spectacular, too bad they couldn't get the 2nd half into shape.

And Spidey was the worst thing I've seen on Broadway thus far.
I think they did a much better job with flow on the European leg, especially from October on.

When I watched October - Bullet - Zooropa - Streets - Pride in Paris i was like "uhhh yea, why didn't they do that in the US"

Spiderman was written by 2 Irish guys that never read a comic or watched the cartoon or knew who spiderman was... I saw a preview and all I remember besides that 1 good SONG that came out of that disaster was a Green Goblin with like 10 feet bitching about shoes.

I saw that and Hamilton -- so I've seen the best and worst musical of all time. And I saw Bat Boy off Broadway and enjoyed it, so I've seen some weird shit.

Last edited:
Spiderman was written by 2 Irish guys that never read a comic or watched the cartoon or knew who spiderman was... I saw a preview and all I remember besides that 1 good sound that came out of that diaster was a Green Goblin with like 10 feet bitching about shoes.

I saw that and Hamilton -- so I've seen the best and worst musical of all time. And I saw Bat Boy off Broadway and enjoyed it, so I've seen some weird shit.
I also saw a preview of Spiderman... (Did it ever actually get out of previews?)... it was awful. Embarrassing. One of the biggest wastes of U2's history, both in time and also for losing Boy Falls From The Sky, which is a genuinely good song.

But give me Book Of Mormon over Hamilton any day

I also saw a preview of Spiderman... (Did it ever actually get out of previews?)... it was awful. Embarrassing. One of the biggest wastes of U2's history, both in time and also for losing Boy Falls From The Sky, which is a genuinely good song.

But give me Book Of Mormon over Hamilton any day

It was on Broadway for 3 painful years. The only good part was hoping someone would fall from the sky and die during a live performance as they flew over the audience.

I love Book of Mormon, saw that in preview with original cast. It was one of the best things I ever saw and by far the funniest broadway show.

Hamilton -- I know it's over praised -- but I saw it before it was a juggernaunt -- Sept 2015 -- we already loved Lin and knew about it -- anyway like Breaking Bad you can't overhype this show enough. Hamilton might be the best creative thing I've ever experienced. I'm counting U2 shows, movies (I went to film school), TV shows, maybe a book?... it's just one man's vision that is so impressive on so many levels.

It was on Broadway for 3 painful years. The only good part was hoping someone would fall from the sky and die during a live performance as they flew over the audience.

I love Book of Mormon, saw that in preview with original cast. It was one of the best things I ever saw and by far the funniest broadway show.

Hamilton -- I know it's over praised -- but I saw it before it was a juggernaunt -- Sept 2015 -- we already loved Lin and knew about it -- anyway like Breaking Bad you can't overhype this show enough. Hamilton might be the best creative thing I've ever experienced. I'm counting U2 shows, movies (I went to film school), TV shows, maybe a book?... it's just one man's vision that is so impressive on so many levels.
I hear you.

I put Book of Mormon there with Seinfeld, The Godfather 1 & 2, and Breaking Bad. Not only incredibly entertaining, but so far beyond it's competition that it creates its own category.

I assume you saw Avenue Q as well? That guy helped with Mormon.

Instead of guessing exact playlists with 23-25 songs, let's guess how they'll use these songs (if at all).

13 Tracks -- will they play them all? No way.

PLAY AT EVERY SHOW 99% SURE

- Best Thing
- Get Out of your way and my way!
- American Soul (America is an idea not a country the song!)
- Little Things
- Blackout

PROBABLY PLAY AT EVERY SHOW
-- Lights of Home (feels like the emotional part of the setlist. near the top)
-- Landlady (feels like end of main set, emotional too)
-- The Showman (one of the last songs of the night, encore starter?, Bono wears a fun outfit.)

WHICH THEY PLAY PROBABLY WON'T JUST TO PISS US ALL OFF
- Love Is bIgger than anything in it's way

ACOUSTIC
- Red Flag Day (or some weird bit where Larry walks to front of b stage)
- Summer of Love

WON'T PLAY FULL SONG

- Love is All We Have Left
- 13 (snippet I see)

SONG THAT WILL SOUND BEST LIVE COMPARED TO ALBUM
- Blackout
- American Soul
- Lights of Home
- Landlady
- Red Flag Day

SONGS THEY WILL CHANGE ARRANGEMENT OR SLOW DOWN OR FUCK UP LIVE JUST TO PISS ME OFF PERSONALLY

-- Best Thing

OPENER
- The Blackout

3 OLD SONGS THEY MAY BRING BACK FOR THIS TOUR THAT THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED IN A LONG TIME

-- Just kidding they won't play anything they haven't recently because they hate us

Landlady will be the song for someone part of this show dedicated to Ali every night.

Frustrating to think get out, best thing and blackout will take up a set list position nightly.

So this is how I think this will go.

They will structure the set almost identically to i/e...

First single to open

Rotating set of songs, only this time focusing on the 90s vs the 80s of i/e

Story time, starting darker w/ Love Is All We Have Left into Lights of Home, and ending uplifting with Love Is Bigger as the last song of the first set

Intermission

Return from intermission with Blackout in the Invisible slot

E stage half acoustic clusterfuckaroo

Hits hits hits

/Fin

So this is how I think this will go.

They will structure the set almost identically to i/e...

First single to open

Rotating set of songs, only this time focusing on the 90s vs the 80s of i/e

Story time, starting darker w/ Love Is All We Have Left into Lights of Home, and ending uplifting with Love Is Bigger as the last song of the first set

Intermission

Return from intermission with Blackout in the Invisible slot

E stage half acoustic clusterfuckaroo

Hits hits hits

/Fin

Where does Amp fit into the show?

Good God, Best Thing would be a terrible opener. It has e stage written all over it.

For the opener, my money is on an abbreviated Love Is All We Have Left followed by Lights of Home.

Good God, Best Thing would be a terrible opener. It has e stage written all over it.

For the opener, my money is on an abbreviated Love Is All We Have Left followed by Lights of Home.

What about LIAWHL being played over the PA system as they walk out to the stage, once they take the stage they open with a rocking LOH?

Because most will know the album since we got a copy with the ticket purchase,they have a great opportunity to open the show with3-4 songs from SOE without losing the audience attention.

If they don't close the show with "Love is bigger than anything in it's way",i will be shock.

Here’s something I realized today: they will be going into this tour having already debuted 8 of these songs live. That has to be unprecedented.

Little Things, Blackout, Best Thing, Get Out, Lights of Home, Love is Bigger, 13, and American Soul.

Guessing at least 5 of the nighlty new songs will come from this group. Or maybe this tour will lean heavily on new songs and we’ll see all of these frequently plus the stuff they haven’t played yet.

Because most will know the album since we got a copy with the ticket purchase,they have a great opportunity to open the show with3-4 songs from SOE without losing the audience attention.

Not really. In the charts thread there was discussion about how many people actually redeem their free album offer. I don't recall what the usual proportion was, but it was well short of half. Was it even a third?

No doubt they will open with a new song or two, but I think 360 will remain the last tour to open with four new songs.

Back
Top Bottom