eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fair chance in Manchester perhaps. London is fairly remain.
They’re playing shows in London, Manchester, and Belfast. And let’s be honest, the only location of those three where they have a remote chance of being booed over that stuff is Belfast. Be real about it: Northern Irish brexiteers are not and never were going to a U2 show.

I dunno what Manchester you’re thinking of. I don’t even have to do the little zoom in feature because, conveniently, it’s been done for me:

IMG_8173.JPG

Heck, I know *conservatives* in Manchester who supported remain.

And let’s be honest, the only location of those three where they have a remote chance of being booed over that stuff is Belfast. Be real about it: Northern Irish brexiteers are not and never were going to a U2 show.

Northern Ireland overwhelmingly voted to remain in the EU

I dunno what Manchester you’re thinking of. I don’t even have to do the little zoom in feature because, conveniently, it’s been done for me:

View attachment 12117

possibly because being in the north of the UK, Manchester is likely to be the venue for Brexit-supporting fans er in the north of the UK and Midlands?

Northern Ireland overwhelmingly voted to remain in the EU

Thanks, I knew you’d take an opportunity here.

The results in Northern Ireland reflect the dead horse of a conversation of who would identity themselves as a unionist and who a nationalist. The results in NI were absolutely no surprise whatsoever, and were practically fully correlated to this age old debate. The only difference is that the younger generation gives less fucks - particularly, urbanization in Belfast has made huge advances.

Anyways, your point doesn’t really have any relevance. I was picking Northern Ireland of the three shows specifically because Belfast is a very mixed city, and although grown very liberal, is also surrounded by pretty conservative Brexitland.

possibly because being in the north of the UK, Manchester is likely to be the venue for Brexit-supporting fans er in the north of the UK and Midlands?

Bu this logic and practically anything anyone could ever say, so is every single venue in the UK. London is a venue for Brexit supporters in the south by that measure. This literally makes no difference, and it doesn’t change the fact that Manchester is pretty liberal and people in Manchester are not ardent supporters of Brexit. And the ones that are aren’t going to a U2 show.

A fact and also trump card that holds no relevance to the discussion, because you cannot stand to see me talk about anything british without seizing the opportunity to correct me.

:lol: don't flatter yourself! i don't give a crap about what you post, but if you talk shit you should expect to be corrected :D

What shit?! You don’t know shit about Northern Ireland and your point about Manchester was clearly unintelligible/not specific to Manchester at all.

ahh fuck it - i don't have to defend myself to you

Last edited:
Man, this thread escalated quickly. Just thinking that it's such a tetchy time in the UK just now that there's likely to be some vocal leave people in the crowd.

Man, this thread escalated quickly. Just thinking that it's such a tetchy time in the UK just now that there's likely to be some vocal leave people in the crowd.

apparently not in Manchester tho :lol:

What shit?!

last one - you sound surprised by this! Theresa May was a Remain campaigner ffs

a lot of Tories voted Remain, and a lot of Labour supporters voted Leave - Brexit isn't even a left/right divide

you're clearly not as in touch with British politics as you like to think :lol:

Last edited:
Corbyn is more pro Brexit than May!
last one - you sound surprised by this! Theresa May was a Remain campaigner ffs

a lot of Tories voted Remain, and a lot of Labour supporters voted Leave - Brexit isn't even a left/right divide

you're clearly not as in touch with British politics as you like to think [emoji38]

ahh fuck it - i don't have to defend myself to you

last one -

So don’t.

you sound surprised by this! Theresa May was a Remain campaigner ffs

you're clearly not as in touch with British politics as you like to think :lol:

Of course it’s not a simple left right divide, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it’s highly correlated. The difference is that the UK, to its credit, still managed to avoid political polarization up until Brexit. The UK has been polarizing for the latter half of this decade, and nationalist conservatism has moved in. Much like in the US.

You’re not a voice of authority, as you like to think.

Really hope they bring back The Little Things soon. Preferably on the 24th in London when I go!

Of course it’s not a simple left right divide, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think it’s highly correlated. The difference is that the UK, to its credit, still managed to avoid political polarization up until Brexit. The UK has been polarizing for the latter half of this decade, and nationalist conservatism has moved in. Much like in the US.

how does that explain the support for Brexit among Labour voters?

and support for Remain among key Tory politicians?

i'm not sure the Labour party has ever been so divided, between pro-EU/pro-Brexit supporters/leaders - historical Labour/pro-EU voters like myself have no political representation right now in the UK, and Conservatives like John Major, Heseltine are very pro-EU - it's very complex

it is similar to the US in that people have been duped, by a handful of very rich people with their own disaster capitalism agendas, into blaming immigration (and EU policies, FOM, in this case) for domestic political shortcomings (not to mention the possible Russian meddling), but the party politics are very different

here we go - the main political parties were heavily divided, not surprising the whole nation is so divided now, even among voters in the same parties, it's a mess:

Labour: 63% Remain/37% Leave
Tories: 42% Remain/ 58% Leave
even Lib Dems were split: 70%/30%
the only consistent party was UKIP with 96% Leave

age/generation gap/baby boomers was a huge factor

Last edited:
yeah! [emoji38]

have a great time! will be amazing i'm sure! the set is getting better and better!
Yeah the set list looks great now. I'm just enjoying my last days before the post Brexit waesteland of the UK.

Yeah the set list looks great now. I'm just enjoying my last days before the post Brexit waesteland of the UK.

don't worry, i can send you food parcels from France (might have to be by carrier pigeon tho, at the rate the negotiations are going :crack: )

Yeah please take this to Free Your Mind, it’s been more than a page of off-topic arguing.

I guess now it's become apparent why the sudden late tour changes in the setlist - the band decided recently to film the final Berlin show for home video/possible HBO broadcast and according to Williams, don't want any duplicate songs from the previous IE live release. Taken at face value, that means they still have to dump and/or switch out Vertigo, I Will Follow, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Elevation, Pride, City Of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day and One. Basically, make the setlist what it should have been when this tour started.

Which is great ...in theory.

Yea that's not happening

No way those perennial staples aren’t staying, maybe EBTTRT gets the boot. But they simply don’t have enough material rehearsed to replace all those songs. What the source probably meant was that none of the SOI tracks would return, which is what we’ve been seeing through most of Europe.

I just hope they record Red Flag Day instead of All Because of You.

Yeah please take this to Free Your Mind, it’s been more than a page of off-topic arguing.

No way those perennial staples aren’t staying, maybe EBTTRT gets the boot. But they simply don’t have enough material rehearsed to replace all those songs. What the source probably meant was that none of the SOI tracks would return, which is what we’ve been seeing through most of Europe.

I just hope they record Red Flag Day instead of All Because of You.

Me too. U2 is pretty good at playing songs that should be documented. Remember Unkown Caller was taken away and then put back in right before the Rose Bowl gig.

Just wondering, do tix every get released late on or prices get reduced ? Thinking about staying in Manc for the 2nd night but not going to pay £200odd each for the tickets left.

Le'ts see tomorrow. I'm packing for Saturday and can't wait... I'm going to see Ufucking2!!

Back
Top Bottom