eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, go to at least one show. Like many have said, the band sounds great live & are really into the songs. More than JT. And its a U2 show!

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

Do we know if any of the shows have been recorded for a future release? I know the DC show was recorded, but I was assuming it was for promo stuff.

I would imagine DC is going to be the DVD/release. I am hoping that they release E&I and JT2017 DVDs together, because I really want both.

if Wilco can mix setlist up then U2 can do it, right?

I'm sure they can but like U2 and many bands there content on playing to a 'particular' show/set.

The E+I is a great show. I do regret going to both shows in Las Vegas but I went in with no spoilers. U2 rocked the house both shows. Energy was high during the whole show. I'm not a fan of American Soul but the arena was ready to take over DC when the band played it (its a joke). Only part that was a head scratcher was playing Iris, CWR, & RBW again.

If U2 would have released SOI & SOE together and done the 2 different shows as intended they would have created a buzz.

But overall both tours were great.

You know interference has fallen far when I’m too lazy to write Crapified lyrics.

The porcelain is there for those who stain it most
The stink is gross, eh?
Get out a big poopy
Ahh ahh, ahhh
Get out a big poopy
Ahh ahh, ahhh

Shit hurts
Now you’re the boy whose left with no turds
Your guts a balloon but then it bursts
It comes out like a canon not a pin
Charmin's not covering...

On the plus side it kills any remote urge to travel halfway around the world to see them again.

The only downside is that I loved following some tours to see setlist changes
Let's be serious - this may be a low point for them as far as setlist rotation goes, but they didn't exactly have to fall very far.

They've gone from having two or three spots where they'd rotate the same 2 or 3 songs in, to having one spot where they rotate 2 songs.

This isn't Springsteen going static. This is a band who's sets were already 80 to 90 % static going 95 to 100% static.

It would be fun if they had just one spot in the set they dedicated to a true rarity. Mofo, Dirty Day, Reach Around, whatever.

Listen to a few songs on the plane, practice once or twice at rehearsals and give it a shot. Even if it sounds like shit, we’d still be thrilled.

They may even find a live gem they didn’t realize would resonate with the crowd.

that sounds like a great idea to me, but the problem (from their perspective) is that they wouldn't have any prepared visuals and lighting cues to go with the song beyond whatever they could figure out in soundcheck.

that sounds like a great idea to me, but the problem (from their perspective) is that they wouldn't have any prepared visuals and lighting cues to go with the song beyond whatever they could figure out in soundcheck.

That could be part of the fun. No visuals or special effects. Just 4 guys on the e-stage playing Lemon like they’re in Larry’s kitchen.

Just preface it with the “we’ve never/rarely played this” speech.

Of course the odds are zero, knowing how they are about it.

Back
Top Bottom