eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In for Milan 4 very easy today. I got a 120 euro row 1 front side stage seat on Adam's side that was most definitely a top price 224 euro seat for the first three shows. With that, my ticket buying is done! Unless they do something crazy like add Hawaii in 2019 or a second Uniondale show this leg.

U2 tweeted another tweet about Pop today.....:ohmy:

They did one about Discotheque few days back and now one about Kmart announcement. Just maybe just maybe they'll be a few tunes from POP played....especially w/ that screen....

U2 tweeted another tweet about Pop today.....:ohmy:

They did one about Discotheque few days back and now one about Kmart announcement. Just maybe just maybe they'll be a few tunes from POP played....especially w/ that screen....

My thoughts exactly...

I have been campaigning for Mofo to come back to the setlist since SOE first came out! POP's time has come around again, some of it is quite complementary to SOE's general themes.

https://youtu.be/_4zbh476-wk

Full press conference, interesting watch

Crazy times for U2. They were basically selling the hype leftover from Zoo TV and trying to topple it! In some ways they did. From a production stand point Popmart is way ahead of its time.

I know there not that band anymore but they sometimes show flashes of it. But in the 90's U2 were doing their own thing and they didn't care what people thought.

For some strange reason I can see this U2 showing up for a few songs on the SOE tour to remind people. Elevation, Vertigo, & 360 had those 'weird' U2 moments. Kind of felt the last 2 tours (SOI & JT) lacked them but I think they'll get them back by playing some POP tunes.

U2 actually acknowledging pop is definitely a good sign, they normally completely ignore the fact they made a record called pop

Discotheque, Mofo, SATS, Gone and Please should all still be in regular rotation! The other songs are good, but these are the ones that have stood the test of time.

They finally acknowledge pop, but Forget the albums that are October, Rattle and Hum, and No Line On The Horizon.
Here are songs I want them to play:
October:
Rejoice
Gloria
I threw a brick
R&H:
Heartland
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
NLOTH:
no line on the horizon
Magnificent
MOS
UC
Breathe.
Them playing these songs is very unlikely, but you never know!

They finally acknowledge pop, but Forget the albums that are October, Rattle and Hum, and No Line On The Horizon.
October:
Rejoice
Gloria
I threw a brick
R&H:
Heartland
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
NLOTH:
no line on the horizon
Magnificent
MOS
UC
Breathe.

To be honest I try to forget nloth and October [emoji2]worst two albums theve made by a million miles for me. They haven't ignored rattle and hum various songs have been played live off that record

October:
Rejoice
Gloria
I threw a brick
R&H:
Heartland
God Part II
Hawkmoon 269
NLOTH:
no line on the horizon
Magnificent
MOS
UC
Breathe.

They at least acknowledged MOS, Magnificent, & Gloria on SOI Tour. And R&H was getting some love w/ Love Comes To Town.

I think Breathe for the encore would be pretty epic.

Encore 2:

Breathe
Pride
Love Is All We Have Left

If there's nothing announce in the next 3 weeks,N.A. will be stuck at 25 shows...looks like.

But i still try to figure out why the band needs 2 months off after just 25 shows..

Given how Dublin is in early November, I think they’ll leave Australia/New Zealand (and maybe an extensive tour of Asia?) for 2019.

12801307_10154168091340934_3752851682316450224_n.jpg

Given how Dublin is in early November, I think they’ll leave Australia/New Zealand (and maybe an extensive tour of Asia?) for 2019.

Doubt the Dublin date would be a problem, if they go to stadiums down here. The last visit, in 2010, began on 25/11 and ran through to 19/12, with two gigs each in Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth. That gives them a fortnight gap between legs - longer than the gap between 1st and 2nd legs of JT30 last year!

Of course, if they want to add Asian dates, or more than one extra city in Australasia (e.g. Adelaide, Christchurch or Dunedin), or if they do arenas, that period would not be long enough to fit it all. No reason they couldn't do Aussie/Kiwi dates before Christmas and then come back to Asia in January or February though, or vice versa. Just look at how South Africa followed Australasia in 2010-11.

They're in their mid 50s and Bono had some sort of major health scare, so ..... they probably need to take it easier than usual.
I'm in my mid fifties and i work every day mate. And for more than the 2 hours 30 mins U2 do.
They may travel further than me but no rock stars are hard workers. I just think they do it because they can.

Yes, but have you considered that one person in their 50s is different from another person in their 50s?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom