eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those of us that had presale issues and had contacted U2.com via the form, I just received this email:

Dear U2.com Subscriber,
We understand you had difficulty securing tickets in the presales last week for the band’s 2018 shows.
We’re pleased to tell you that Live Nation have announced second shows in many cities on their North American tour.
We will be inviting you to take part in the opening day of presales for these shows next week and we will email you with details nearer the time.

best wishes
The U2.com Team

I think there's should be some kind of refunds if there were loads of issues with this.

Question-not sure if any one ran into this issue. I bought two fanclub experience presale tix, then two more in the general verified sale for boston, then tried to buy two more with the same TM account and it said i had exceeded my ticket limit. Has any one bought more than four tix for the Boston 6/21 show with any amount of differnt presale or regular sale tix?

You can just use the no purchase option from here:

https://store.universalmusic.com/U2/

Why do people in the UK get a presale code with the preorder of the Album for the European leg?

There are lots of people that will be going to shows in the UK/Ireland that don't live in the UK. I for one would like a presale code for Europe. Instead they give us a copy cwith ticket purchases of the E&I, which means that I get 2 CD's, bought two tickets.

All this does is increase there week one sales of the new album to push the album up the charts!!!!

Why do people in the UK get a presale code with the preorder of the Album for the European leg?

There are lots of people that will be going to shows in the UK/Ireland that don't live in the UK. I for one would like a presale code for Europe. Instead they give us a copy cwith ticket purchases of the E&I, which means that I get 2 CD's, bought two tickets.

All this does is increase there week one sales of the new album to push the album up the charts!!!!

You get a pre sale code to use on all the European shows don't you? Or do you just get the pre sale code for the country you've ordered the record in?

I can remember them listing all the countries that the tour was going to

Im in the same boat as you BUT im sure its any country they play in which as listed is
UK,Ireland,Lisbon,Spain,France,Holland,Germany,Poland,Denmark,Italy there is 1 more cant remember it tho it does say can only order from them countrys so im guessing it these countrys they are playing in

Im guessing same as 2015 Aug/Sep start dates

Im in the same boat as you BUT im sure its any country they play in which as listed is

UK,Ireland,Lisbon,Spain,France,Holland,Germany,Poland,Denmark,Italy there is 1 more cant remember it tho it does say can only order from them countrys so im guessing it these countrys they are playing in

Im guessing same as 2015 Aug/Sep start dates

This is how I read it aswell

How old/big are you? Serious question. In my younger days I always wanted to be down front. I really believe its something a "true" concert goer should experience, especially if its one of your favorite bands. I wasn't the biggest kid, but I insisted on getting down front for a few shows, even if it meant some pushing. It usually worked out ok once the show got going, but if it got to be too much I just backed out and found a safe spot. Of course, this was years ago. I've never done GA at a U2 show, but as weinerdog said, there's usually enough room to find a safe zone.

Today, I appreciate having a seat - or space that's "mine" so to speak. I tend to try to get on the lower levels, just above the crowd as close to the stage as I can.

I'm a teenager, and I guess you could say I'm tall, around 5''6

I'm a teenager, and I guess you could say I'm tall, around 5''6

As someone said earlier, and it is a good point, U2 doesn’t attract the mosh pit people. While there may be some pushing its probably not violent. I say “probably” because if the wring person has one too many drinks there is always a possibility.

Also, I think the layout of the stage down the middle helps to divide the crowd and lessen the crush to the front if there is one. Tell your parents we think you’ll be ok.

:)

This is way off topic and i am not sure what forum to post it in. I am choosing this one because there is alot of traffic here. I just left the stone age and joined the rest of the world by getting a cell phone. Where would be a good place to find some U2 ringtones. I googled a a bunch of sites come up. I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction..Thanks

You can easily make your own with iTunes. Someone showed me, but you can prob just Google it. I did it on laptop and transferred it to phone the old school way, not sure if you can do it on phone if you have an iPhone.

Yeah, what type of phone do you have? I usually just make my own with the music on my phone already. Ringdroid has always been a good one for me on my Android devices.

from U2.com CS:
"The fact you did not receive a code was just one of many people who subscribed who did not as well. It was a selective process and sadly we could not give out codes to everyone. If you register for other pre sales its 50/50 that you may or may not receive a code. Like every other fan who pre registers."

50/50?????

Its like when i had EEntry tixs for GnR as thats all i could get was ment too have free merch BUT they ran out they didnt even have X amount of merch too meet X amount of tixs LN said said it was like like 1st come 1st serve what a joke

The "near death experience" Bono has that Matt refers to here in my opinion is his being in close proximity and having to basically run for his life when he was in Nice last summer at a restaurant overlooking the area where the terrorist drove a truck into the crowd celebrating Bastille Day.

What do you all think he was referring to toward the end of the article? I don't think it's any kind of family health crisis.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Citi presale BEFORE the Innocence presale for the first round of dates? Now it shows that it starts after the Innocence presale next week(as it should be).

http://imgur.com/Egb2Nf6

For some reason I am a tiny bit optimistic that the ticket allocations are going to be a lot better for the on-sales this week. The process is still a joke, but hopefully a lot less subscribers will be shut out.

No Citi was after Innocence. Just that Innocence shared ticket allocations with Experience, while Citi had its own allocation.

U2 interview on 60 Minutes Australia airing atm

"'after 7 years, we'll let you in on a little hint - u2 could be on its way here next year"

You tease Liz Hayes...

Eta: (nothing said about touring during the interview itself, but a nice reminder of how we missed the JT Tour ;))

Larry has not only talked, but he has smiled as well. Nothing is impossible.

Last edited:
You get a pre sale code to use on all the European shows don't you? Or do you just get the pre sale code for the country you've ordered the record in?
On the website of the Dutch store they partnered with, it says:
Bij één bestelling per klant account krijg je toegang tot maximaal 2 tickets voor de komende tour in Nederland voordat de reguliere kaartverkoop start.
(bold markings are mine) which translates as:
With one order per customer account you get access to a maximum of 2 tickets for the upcoming tour in the Netherlands before the general on-sale.

So are we allowed to, for instance, preorder the album in the UK while living in the Netherlands, in order to get pre-sale access in the UK? Or would ordering outside of your own home country make TM regard you as a scalper and withhold your pre-sale rights?

Last edited:
So to be clear if you got 2 tickets using a u2.com fan code you can't buy any more for the second show to give others a chance?

So in that case you have to wait for general sale (if you get code) to buy tix to the second show? First time I may not even be able to attempt to buy tickets to a U2 show.

It's not clear what they'll do in Europe- I don't think the codes are country specific .

Verified Scam doesn't really exist over in Europe ( yet) so should be more old school. Taylor Swift isn't using VF for her UK shows next year and she has in the US

So to be clear if you got 2 tickets using a u2.com fan code you can't buy any more for the second show to give others a chance?

So in that case you have to wait for general sale (if you get code) to buy tix to the second show? First time I may not even be able to attempt to buy tickets to a U2 show.
If you used your subscriber allotment of 2, you can go for the Citi or regular Verified onsale. I don't think there's anything stopping you there save for suspicious algorithms.

Interesting that they have not added a 2nd LA date by this week. I really thought there'd be a total of 4 shows in LA, now it looks like there may not even be 2 shows.

Looks like lots of tix still available for LA, mostly the overpriced $330 seats in the upper sections. Need to drop the prices.

From the maps that are available it seems to be the tickets that are left are the ones at the back in the 4 corners

Back
Top Bottom