eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a pair of tickets for Nashville in section 111. They say full view but appear to be behind the stage. How can they be full view...am I missing something?

If you're on the outer edge of the row you may have enough of an angle to see the screen.

I'm surprised there aren't any credit card entry tickets this time around. They probably thought that the Verified Fan thing would work better, but clearly there's a way around any type of "obstruction".

Verified fan is a complete farce. Here is a loser who posted on reddit looking for help spamming the initial VF registration forms.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freemoney/...g_out_form_online_by/?st=ja8g3m4j&sh=ab3a184e

This is 100% on U2 and who they chose to get in bed with. If bands like Radiohead and Pearl Jam can make a legitimate effort to fight scalpers, there is no reason a band with their pockets cant'

It took 20 minutes of refreshing, but I snagged a GA ticket for LA! A little worried about the weekday show, but excited to be seeing them again where I first saw them live 3 years ago.

Looks like some additional dates will go onsale on Monday, December 4, 10am. No news yet on when or if there's any U2.com or Citi presales the week before. People doing the Verified Fan registration via TM will have to re-register for each additional show though....

So what the fuck? I needed to register to get a ticket? I knew there was a fan presale but I assumed when ticketmaster said "General Public" that meant you didn't have to register whenever beforehand? I mean, I guess this is on me for not looking into it earlier but still, what the fuck, really disappointing.

Do we think there's any chance they'll do additional LA shows?

You have to be verified to buy a general sale ticket :) that's ridiculous, who comes up with this shit

So what the fuck? I needed to register to get a ticket? I knew there was a fan presale but I assumed when ticketmaster said "General Public" that meant you didn't have to register whenever beforehand? I mean, I guess this is on me for not looking into it earlier but still, what the fuck, really disappointing.

Do we think there's any chance they'll do additional LA shows?

Yes, without a doubt there will be at least 3 more LA shows going through the following weekend.

You have to be verified to buy a general sale ticket :) that's ridiculous, who comes up with this shit

Yeah, that made no sense to me either until Hewson pointed it out in the other thread.

"Verified Fan" apparently just means filling out a form a few days beforehand. Never mind my complete U2 discography, that doesn't mean everything unless I can figure out this convoluted mess, that's what makes a true fan.

Yes, without a doubt there will be at least 3 more LA shows going through the following weekend.

Good to hear, thanks. Maybe I'll figure it out by then.

Looks like some additional dates will go onsale on Monday, December 4, 10am. No news yet on when or if there's any U2.com or Citi presales the week before. People doing the Verified Fan registration via TM will have to re-register for each additional show though....

https://u2.tmverifiedfan.com/

U2 dot com
Setup and subscribe ends November 24 at 6am PT. (This should only be if you haven't already)
Presale begins November 28.

Citi
Registration ends November 27 at 10pm PT.
Presale begins November 30.

Verified Fan (public)
Registration ends December 1 at 10pm PT.
Onsale begins December 4 or December 5, depending on market.

So much for instant sellouts. Wonder how soon "dynamic pricing" will hit the $300 uppers.

IMG_7743.JPG

LOL I couldn’t believe some of the self-professed mega-fans sharing that tripe on Twitter. Just because it says U2, maybe you should read the thing? Bitching bout scalpers then sharing that “article”. Sigh.

Doubt it. If they add three shows, no matter what dates you choose they will at some point have to play 4 shows in 5 nights. They're clearly not keen for that any more. In the past decade they have almost always scheduled two nights off after a show or pair of shows. There are a few rare instances of them having just one night off between shows in different cities, including two this tour, but those have usually been between cities with just one show each anyway.

In the past decade they've done 3 shows in 4 nights twice, both on 360: in 2009 they did Berlin/night off/Amsterdam/Amsterdam, and in 2011 they did Montreal/Montreal/night off/Toronto (and if I remember correctly, the second night in Montreal was not part of the original plan). They've never done 4 in 5, which is what you'd have to do to add 3 more in LA.

At best LA will get two more. I think it will only get one more, on the 16th.

That wasn't there initially!

Yeah, definitely wasn't there when I retweeted it on U2gigs.

Doubt it. If they add three shows, no matter what dates you choose they will at some point have to play 4 shows in 5 nights. They're clearly not keen for that any more. In the past decade they have almost always scheduled two nights off after a show or pair of shows. There are a few rare instances of them having just one night off between shows in different cities, including two this tour, but those have usually been between cities with just one show each anyway.

In the past decade they've done 3 shows in 4 nights twice, both on 360: in 2009 they did Berlin/night off/Amsterdam/Amsterdam, and in 2011 they did Montreal/Montreal/night off/Toronto (and if I remember correctly, the second night in Montreal was not part of the original plan). They've never done 4 in 5, which is what you'd have to do to add 3 more in LA.

At best LA will get two more. I think it will only get one more, on the 16th.

Yeah, definitely wasn't there when I retweeted it on U2gigs.

The recent history of the band playing LA also points to 2 shows. An expected 8 I+e shows was only 5, because of demand, and they just played two Rose Bowl shows. I've been assuming there would only be two shows since it's safe to assume much of the casual demand has already been met.

There's no way any of the cities will get more than 2 shows. The LA-Chicago and Atlanta-Montréal gaps seem to be intentional.

There's no way any of the cities will get more than 2 shows. The LA-Chicago and Atlanta-Montréal gaps seem to be intentional.

Yeah, that's another good point. Do we know if the band will have one or two stage setups? Because if it's just one, that puts limitations. And the band usually seem to schedule at least one break mid-leg when they tour North America.

I think 4 shows is entirely doable for LA over a 6-7 day gap giving them 2 days from the Vegas show and 4 days' break before the Chicago date(s), especially if they do two pairs of shows on consecutive nights like they did in LA on the 2015 tour. In fact, they actually did 3 shows in consecutive days that city if you count the Roxy show which followed 2 nights at the Forum.

Add to that their tour schedule for the US leg of the JT2017 tour was packed really tight, doing 13 shows in the month of June across a wide swath of the north and east coast. And as the current 2 Montreal dates already confirm, they are up to doing consecutive nights this tour.

I can't believe they are going to have their crew and arena production sit idle for up to a week and a half between breaks in multiple major markets that they have always done well in the past. Every day they aren't moving the production from city to city and that gear is sitting in some arena parking lot they would otherwise be playing that night is bleeding money even if they're playing 2/3rds full arenas (which I don't see happening).

They are going to knock down prices on slow selling, overpriced seats for added dates before blowing off the opportunity to play those available dates they made windows for when planning this tour. If that wasn't the case, they would have compressed the length of this leg drastically down from the 2 months they have laid out.

My predicted LA dates:

5/15 (Tuesday)
5/16 (Wednesday)
5/19 (Friday)
5/20 (Saturday)

Last edited:
There will presumably be a second show in Chicago. So they're not going LA on the 19th and 20th and Chicago on the 22nd and 23rd. That's four shows in five nights. Forget it.

And I wasn't disputing consecutive nights. I was pointing out they almost always take two days off after a show, almost without exception when they've just done a pair of shows.

2 nights tops in the top markets. Not sure LI or Newark will see a 2nd show. The amount of tix still left at MSG is ugly and still no "general onsale" listed for that one.

Back
Top Bottom