eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see a lot of angry people, but I can't tell if it's valid or just the usually anger that occurs every time a U2 concert goes on sale.

All I know is I got tickets yesterday pretty easily.

And there will be more shows and you register to be verified for general pool buying as well for more chances if you're not in fan club or something goes wrong.

Not to mention good people on here selling tickets to other fans.

And there will be more shows and you register to be verified for general pool buying as well for more chances if you're not in fan club or something goes wrong.

And there will be ticket drops as well ,U2 always do good drops.
I got tickets for the last few tours the week of the gig .

People need to be calm ,there is still the general sale to come and extra dates to be added as you say.
With the sky high ticket prices ,I think tickets will be easy enough to come by.

I see a lot of angry people, but I can't tell if it's valid or just the usually anger that occurs every time a U2 concert goes on sale.

:up:

There will be drops look @ 3Arena in 2015 tix prices were just extortion then there was GA drops on the day of the shows also this JT Dublin tixs on TM the night before & day of TM just do it making us buy from 2nd sites.

Roll on EU cant wait

I think if you got an email saying you would get a code then it was rescinded 2 hours later your anger would be valid. Or if you called u2.com about your code and they told you are in the 10 percent of subscribers that will not be receiving a code because of a 90/10 lottery system, your anger is valid.

The wording seems to change with the emails form what is on the account page. It states on the account page "Verified Subscribers will receive a text...".

So based on this, if you are Verified than you should receive a text.

The email I got said I was verified and would receive a text, and then I did, got tickets etc. Happy. Clearly not what others experienced.

The TM algorithm must be kicking labelling people as Not Verified for some reason. Likely the algorithm needs a little work. They are probably saying lottery to cover themselves for the people who were not verified and would be asking why they were not verified. I think you would have the right to know why you are not verified.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on that. (The algorithm false positived a bunch of people and they're using the word "lottery" to cover their asses).

Smart play is to save code for when additional shows drop. No way they don’t play at least 4 in NYC

They're playing 2 other venues in the area so while there will definitely be a 2nd MSG, I'm not counting on too many beyond that. 4 tops, probably. They just did 2 stadium shows here and it'll be a year. Corporate demand will take plenty but the market may be a bit softer. Especially at $300+.

People are angry because there was no clear language that throwing $40/$50 to subscribe would give you only a CHANCE to get a code. There's no reason that could not have been addressed clearly in the FAQs.

I got a GA ticket very easily yesterday, but I the way this was handled is some serious bullshit.

So thanks to another user here, I've learned that U2.com's help section has added something to their "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

When you click on this, there's a little form to fill out, and you select an option for the subject of your message. There is literally now a choice for "Verfied Member Subscription Refund", or maybe "Verified Member Refund Request".

This tells me the problem is pretty damned big, and they must have added this during the system downtime yesterday. So I wonder if at this point if the band's management will be made aware, and hopefully the band members themselves?

Best case scenario they reach out to all the people who got screwed over and demanded refunds and offer them some discount to resubscribe again and/or give them a definite working pre-sale code for additional shows. Not sure if I would bother even then.

Yeah, I don't know that I'll bother subscribing again. If a really cool gift is announced, I can always subscribe within the year to get it.

Also, the tickets are apparently paper again. It seems a little silly to have all this Verified Fan business to prevent scalping, and then go back to paper tickets, which can be scalped easier than paperless. :huh:

If you look at the scheduling they're unlikely to do more than 2 shows at MSG

Agreed, and the NJ Prudential Center show may get an additional show or two which helps satisfy the NYC area demand. They def won't play as many as they did in '15.

They're definitely setting up NYC to have 6 shows, between Newark, MSG and Uniondale.

I wonder if they'll finally feel the effects of saturation in these cities where they have played A LOT in the past 3 years. Probably not. All shows will sell out, just not right away, and not all tickets will sell at their original ridiculous prices.

In Europe U2 are giving people presale codes if they preorder the album.
However technically they have to provide access to people as no purchase is necessary under EU law.
https://store.universalmusic.com/U2/

The No Purchase Necessary link is faulty though it only links to the U2 site .
Its missing on other countries Pre Order pages like Denmark and Poland.

I've sent them a message about this ,it looks to me like a deliberate attempt to break the law.

Also, the tickets are apparently paper again. It seems a little silly to have all this Verified Fan business to prevent scalping, and then go back to paper tickets, which can be scalped easier than paperless. :huh:

Well, it's not like security was checking IDs when the GA was CC-entry anyway...

Wonder if the whole Vancouver snafu last year had something to do with this?

I think if you got an email saying you would get a code then it was rescinded 2 hours later your anger would be valid. Or if you called u2.com about your code and they told you are in the 10 percent of subscribers that will not be receiving a code because of a 90/10 lottery system, your anger is valid.

That is valid. I was generally asking because certain posters are angry all the time.

Maybe it's because I did Bruce and I know not everyone got chosen, that I sort of expected it to be that way... of course Bruce didn't ask you for membership fee for chance at lottery.

More chances are coming.

Well, it's not like security was checking IDs when the GA was CC-entry anyway...

Wonder if the whole Vancouver snafu last year had something to do with this?
They didn't have quite the same problem on I&E when it was cc for GA only.

Stadium + cc entry for ALL tickets was much worse for JT30.

(It WAS all tickets being cc entry, right? I thought I remember reading this was the first stadium tour to do cc for all tix.)

Hm. For Vancouver we had the pricey seats and it was cc. I remember it wasn't just GA that had issues - it was a cluster to get in and took a long time. Thr GA line was worse, if I recall, because they had only one person scanning the cards.

No JT was CC entry just for GA (and a few prime seats I think)

We had CC entry for seats for the JT tour although I don't know if that was because my husband chose that option or if it was because we shelled out for the most expensive seats that tour. (We aren't doing that again for this one.)

Just received an email from Citi saying I've been selected for Citi U2 Presale access (Do I believe them? :huh: )
Everything you need to prep for your purchase.

Now that we’ve identified you’re not a bot or a scalper, you have been selected to receive an access code for the Citi U2 Presale. Below are details to help get you ready to have the best opportunity to access and purchase tickets tomorrow.

As a reminder, access to this presale is limited to Citi cardmembers. If you do not have a Citi card to complete your purchase, you will be unable to complete your purchase, even if you receive an access code.

SET YOUR ALARM
The Citi U2 Presale will begin promptly on Thursday, November 16 at 9AM (venue local time).

CODE DELIVERY
On Thursday, November 16, you will receive two text messages that include:
A link to begin your purchase for your selected tour date
Your single-use access code

Keep your phone handy – your notification may arrive 2-4 hours before the Citi U2 Presale begins. Please also watch your email. If there are any issues with text delivery, such as an incorrectly entered number or blocked mobile carriers, we will email your access code prior to tickets going on sale.

TICKET LIMITS
Purchasers are held to a four (4) ticket limit and due to demand, tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Back
Top Bottom