eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But bear in mind if you want rail and go right in front of the main stage, you probably won't be able to see anything going on in the middle with the screens, or on the smaller stage at the opposite end.

I thought that was the most brilliant part of the stage design on I+E. Rewarded people who did not show up days before to get to the rail. It was great to walk around and get different vantage points on the floor during the show.

Might have been the best setup I have ever seen, or at least experienced myself.

Did anyone receive an email from U2.com today saying that they needed to renew their membership?

I renewed before the day of the album announcement, and my pre-sale verification stuff is all setup. My account shows that I am renewed in full.

So I'm not sure why this was sent to me. Hopefully it doesn't affect me getting tickets.

Yeah I went hours early one night and showed up in time for People Have the Power another night and I enjoyed different aspects of both shows.

GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.

Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.

I otherwise love living in Australia but this makes me So. Freakin. Jealous.

Did anyone receive an email from U2.com today saying that they needed to renew their membership?

I renewed before the day of the album announcement, and my pre-sale verification stuff is all setup. My account shows that I am renewed in full.

So I'm not sure why this was sent to me. Hopefully it doesn't affect me getting tickets.

After reading your post I went and looked for the email and guess what? That's EXACTLY what they are telling us: If you don't renew your membership you CANNOT participate in the pre-sale.

Their reason is that I "used up all my JT pre-sale" slots already.

The only trouble is, I haven't -- I used 3 out of 4 for JT. And I only plan to use 1 for the SOE tour anyway. So I'm going to write to them and ask about that just to put them on the spot.

I think this is the time of year I usually renew anyway, so I don't really mind (even though I still haven't received my "gift" for the past year), but I'd still like to understand what's going on here.

What are people thinking of rough dates for EU then any ideas..?? Also the code with the album you can try for any EU show or is just specific too a show you pick..??!!!

Last edited:
I thought that was the most brilliant part of the stage design on I+E. Rewarded people who did not show up days before to get to the rail. It was great to walk around and get different vantage points on the floor during the show.

Might have been the best setup I have ever seen, or at least experienced myself.

Was a great set up - certainly felt like more breathing room on the floor. Happy to see the same look again.

What are people thinking of rough dates for EU then any ideas..?? Also the code with the album you can try for any EU show or is just specific too a show you pick..??!!!

I would think (and hope!) it's for any EU show

Thanks to the general incompetence of security at the O2 arena I got in just as the show started and whilst I was mightily annoyed about it taking 90 minutes to do something that should be doable in about 15 mins it did mean I was way at the back and ended up having a prime slot for both the screen and b- stsge

Was a great set up - certainly felt like more breathing room on the floor.

Except for MSG where they added VIP platforms behind the Red Zone area that left everyone else crowded in.

Regarding Toronto. Likely the MBA and NHL playoffs are creating a problem. Last year the final games were played on June 11th and 12th. Montreal is on Tuesday June 5th, just one date, and they only have to deal with the NHL, no NBA team in Montreal. So they could shift an NHL playoff game one day either way, should Montreal make it to the finals.

Toronto is a little different. Both teams are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and so is the Air Canada Centre. They likely give first rights to their teams should they make the finals. The likely spot for U2 would be June 2 or 3rd, on the weekend. Should both teams make the finals, there would definitely be a game on the weekend. By this point in the playoffs, the American major networks usually pick up the games and they want prime time, Saturday night game.

So this is likely the sticking point. They do have an alternative, to put a show in Hamilton, which is only an hour outside of Toronto. Been a while since they performed in Hamilton. They would fill the stadium no problem as you would still be in the greater Toronto Area.

Hi everyone,

I renewed my subscription and connected the US Ticketmaster account but I am just thinking... As I am from Europe I won't be buying tickets for the US concerts, so I am wondering - if I connected my U2.com account to Ticketmaster US account - I will be sent the presale code for US leg of the tour. But I don't want it, I want to use the code for the European tour presale.
Shall I rather disconnect my US Ticketmaster account so I won't be sent the wrong presale code?
I am afraid that if I leave it connected to the US Ticketmaster I will receive the code for US presale and then I won't be able to but tickets when Europe is on sale.
Anybody has any idea how it really is please? Should European fans just wait for the announcement regarding Europe and rather disconnect the US Ticketmaster accounts?

Thank you. :)

I am beyond excited about the return of the i+e staging. Saw all 4 Boston shows from GA in 2015, and since I've never been concerned with being on the rail, I absolutely LOVED the flexibility to move from place to place throughout the show - without having to line up in advance. (Earliest we got there was about an hour before doors. And one night, we actually arrived after the entire GA line had already entered - and still had fantastic views!)

Their reason is that I "used up all my JT pre-sale" slots already.

The only trouble is, I haven't -- I used 3 out of 4 for JT. And I only plan to use 1 for the SOE tour anyway. So I'm going to write to them and ask about that just to put them on the spot.

I think this is the time of year I usually renew anyway, so I don't really mind (even though I still haven't received my "gift" for the past year), but I'd still like to understand what's going on here.

My understanding is that using any of the JT pre-sale slots means you're not eligible for the e+i presale at all.

Through the verified fan process - If I purchase a ticket for the Vegas show and cannot attend the show, can I sell it to a friend? How is this going to work?

Through the verified fan process - If I purchase a ticket for the Vegas show and cannot attend the show, can I sell it to a friend? How is this going to work?

Good question. Nobody really knows for sure, yet. On the i+e tour, GA tickets were credit card entry (except for NY where it is illegal), which made them next to impossible to sell because the purchasing credit card WAS the ticket. This time around, they could make the entire arena credit card entry, if they want to. In fact, they COULD even print the buyer's name on each ticket and require a matching ID for entry - but I doubt that will happen on this tour.

My understanding is that using any of the JT pre-sale slots means you're not eligible for the e+i presale at all.

Correct. From the U2.com FAQ:

I have an active U2.com subscription and purchased tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using my unique Presale access code. Do I have access to the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 Presale?
If you purchased one (1) or more tickets to the Joshua Tree tour using your U2.com unique Presale access code, you will have to renew your membership early and purchase one of the 2018 U2.com Subscriber offers to access this Presale. This applies to Subscribers that purchased 1, 2, or 3 tickets, as well as the 4 ticket limit.​

Pretty clear cut. Basically, if you used a code, you need to renew to get another one. The number of tickets you bought with the previous code is irrelevant.

From U2 Forums:

https://imgur.com/a/xLMt4
Hi everyone,

I renewed my subscription and connected the US Ticketmaster account but I am just thinking... As I am from Europe I won't be buying tickets for the US concerts, so I am wondering - if I connected my U2.com account to Ticketmaster US account - I will be sent the presale code for US leg of the tour. But I don't want it, I want to use the code for the European tour presale.
Shall I rather disconnect my US Ticketmaster account so I won't be sent the wrong presale code?
I am afraid that if I leave it connected to the US Ticketmaster I will receive the code for US presale and then I won't be able to but tickets when Europe is on sale.
Anybody has any idea how it really is please? Should European fans just wait for the announcement regarding Europe and rather disconnect the US Ticketmaster accounts?

Thank you. :)

Last edited:
I am hating so much about this presale. I'm trying to get four tickets so our fan club code is pretty useless. I'm trying to buy the tickets even though my husband, who's phone number is attached to the TM account, is going to be out of the country and probably won't get the code. I'm trying to figure out how to have both of my kids finally see U2 with us -- only brought the older one on the JT tour.

So we have the U2 fan code, we have a Citi card for that presale. Any advice on how we can make this work besides drinking alot of wine and crossing our fingers?

In fact, they COULD even print the buyer's name on each ticket and require a matching ID for entry - but I doubt that will happen on this tour.

I nabbed tickets for a NIN concert back in the day and that's almost what they did: after purchase you were given a voucher for two tickets (and upon showing ID). Then the day of the concert, you had to present your drivers license with voucher to get into the venue.

Is there going to be a U2.com Montreal presale? Ticketmaster lists an on sale date with partner site Evenko on November 14th, but it doesn't state "presale". I really don't want to pay for a new subscription if there is not going to be one.

Last edited:
Is there going to be a U2.com Montreal presale? Ticketmaster lists an on sale date with partner site Evenko on November 14th, but it doesn't state "presale". I really don't want to pay for a new subscription if there is not going to be one.
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST

Last edited:
I am not a u2 .com is it too late to join to get presale?

I dont think so.
I presume you can still subscribe and drop into the 2nd presale group??

I'm really hoping people get what they want for the upcoming tour.
Personally this is becoming too much of a burden for myself.

I would have like to have attended the US leg but the logistics (I'm UK based) have become just too much especially with uncertainly surrounding ticketing.

Good luck to everybody in the upcoming presales-I'll be attending a few shows in Europe hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom