eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Just to recap we're all signing up for al tot of pre sales, but nobody really knows what's going on. It's confusing of course because we all assume they will add more dates... I guess not on same day like old days... they'll wait and do another round of verified fans?

clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #92
The Fly

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFly View Post
Just subscribed! I’ll be at work on Tuesday when the presale starts. My wife works from home so I guess I’ll have her purchase the tickets. Do they text you the presale passcode?
If you just subscribed, I think your presale is Wed. You should be iNNOCENCE group. Only eXPERIENCE group is on Tues.

ApolloAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #93
fp
The Fly

Local Time: 09:25 AM
Does renewing my U2 subscription guarantee that I will get a code to try for tickets? Or do I still need to be "verified"?

In my experience trying to purchase Springsteen & Dead & Company tickets, the Verified Fan process is a scam. Never was "chosen" to haven an opportunity to buy tickets for either. Meanwhile, plenty of tickets on Stubhub and other secondary markets. I don't want to renew my U2 subscription if they can just say I am not "verified."
fp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #94
The Fly

Thinking about getting tix for Chicago. What are the chances the extra shows they add on for cities are beforethe currently listed show, rather than after?
ktrivedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #95
War Child

Local Time: 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp View Post
Does renewing my U2 subscription guarantee that I will get a code to try for tickets? Or do I still need to be "verified"?

In my experience trying to purchase Springsteen & Dead & Company tickets, the Verified Fan process is a scam. Never was "chosen" to haven an opportunity to buy tickets for either. Meanwhile, plenty of tickets on Stubhub and other secondary markets. I don't want to renew my U2 subscription if they can just say I am not "verified."
The answer is maybe- renewing and becoming a Verified Fan gets you a chance of a presale code- on the T&C's the wording it says there is no guarantee you'll get a code. Whether they do lottery or some other method I've no idea. This is one of those times I'm glad I live in Europe where such things like Verified Fan doesn't exist!
djparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #96
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fp View Post

It's my understanding that the "lottery" for an access code only applies to the general sale on TM, not to the fan club pre-sale. (LV, Duluth GA, Philly and Montreal are all being sold through other outlets - not through TM - but I think the same policy applies)
U2FloridaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #97
The Fly

Local Time: 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloAndy View Post
If you just subscribed, I think your presale is Wed. You should be iNNOCENCE group. Only eXPERIENCE group is on Tues.
I was a fanclub member last year and during Vertigo tour. Membership lapsed between 360 and SOI but have been an active member since. When the new tour info was announced, I renewed immediately to extend membership to 1/2019.

Unfortunately, I'm still in INNOCENCE group. I assume the Innocence vs Experience cutoff is at least 2 years... or perhaps I should email u2.com
BonoFan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #98
fp
The Fly

Local Time: 09:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like from the FAQs, you are not guaranteed to get a code. Not sure what an "opportunity" to enter a presale means - whether the opportunity is via lottery or a code.

Once I complete all the steps on the Account Info page, will I have access to the U2.com Verified Subscriber presale?
All subscribers who complete the required steps and are verified will be equally eligible to receive an invitation for the U2.com Subscriber Presale.

When will I find out if I have access to the Subscriber Presale?
Plan to hear from us the evening before the start of the Presale. You’ll receive an email with more details about the Subscriber Presale and how to prep for your purchase.

Q - If I renew my U2.com subscription, will I receive a ticket access code for presale tickets?
A -In a touring period, paid-up subscribers receive an opportunity to enter a special ticket presale.
fp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #99
War Child

Local Time: 05:25 PM
The "receive an opportunity" language is basically just cover their ass language. Meaning "you'll get the link to the presale but we are NOT guaranteeing you'll get tickets."

On another note (I asked this in a different thread before remembering about this one) - When they first announced the tour I completed the verified fan setup. (and it shows completed in my profile)

However when I logged into U2.com today, on the front page, I see where it says "Registration for the presale has ended" - am I correct in assuming the "registration" just means "completing your verified fan setup?"

Just want to make sure there wasn't an ADDITIONAL step to register after everything is linked and setup with TM's verified fan thing.
Achtung Ya'll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #100
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
I am hating so much about this presale. I'm trying to get four tickets so our fan club code is pretty useless. I'm trying to buy the tickets even though my husband, who's phone number is attached to the TM account, is going to be out of the country and probably won't get the code. I'm trying to figure out how to have both of my kids finally see U2 with us -- only brought the older one on the JT tour.

So we have the U2 fan code, we have a Citi card for that presale. Any advice on how we can make this work besides drinking alot of wine and crossing our fingers?
You should consider GA. How old are the kids? On i+e, we brought our 13 and 15 year old sons (and saw several kids under 10!), and found the GA floor to be remarkably family-friendly, with room to move around, and fantastic views even if you're not six feet tall. No need to queue up for days, either.

Here's my plan this time around: Get two GAs in the fan club presale, then hope there are GAs available in the Citi presale or general sale. If all else fails, we had fantastic luck with day-of-show i+e GA drops on the Ticketmaster app. Basically got four GAs for each of the four Boston shows that way.

You should still cross your fingers, though.
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 AM   #101
New Yorker

Kids are a little too young for GA -- 8 and 5. The older one might have a good time down there though, especially considering how much easier it was to get a good spot in GA with the i+e tour. So the plan is to buy two GA or at least two tickets today and then go from there. We may have to be split up, which would kind of such but be OK. My husband loves GA way more than I do so we can be down there with our older one and I'll be in a seat with the younger one.
sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #102
The Fly

Hoo boy--that was quick. On the phone TM app, 10:02, 2 GA tix for Boston, mobile tix, can transfer if i want, went so fast , didn't even look to see if i could do hard tix, but not CC entry only
LedHed1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #103
The Fly

Local Time: 10:25 AM
Got 2 GA for Newark. Shut out DC. Seems no GA floor there at all or none by 10:01am. In fact as I type this at 10:09am, seems no non-VIP package seats at all anywhere in arena for DC. Probably a TM issue

BTW - Newark tickets are hard tickets to be mailed so what's the point of this whole charade of TM verified.....stubhub will have huge inventory in minutes if not already
sfu2doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #104
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfu2doc View Post
Got 2 GA for Newark. Shut out DC. Seems no GA floor there at all or none by 10:01am. In fact as I type this at 10:09am, seems no non-VIP package seats at all anywhere in arena for DC. Probably a TM issue
Yup, DC presale sucked. Got in right at the beginning, and could not get GA unless I selected redzone.
elevashn_hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #105
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedHed1234 View Post
Hoo boy--that was quick. On the phone TM app, 10:02, 2 GA tix for Boston, mobile tix, can transfer if i want, went so fast , didn't even look to see if i could do hard tix, but not CC entry only
Yes, extremely quick and easy. I also got 2 GA for Boston via the TM website, chose US mail for an additional $4.50, so it looks like hard tickets this time around.

hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote