eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cover band setlist, not in order. Not better than the real thing, but a fun night anyway.

I will follow
Electric co
Gloria
Party girl
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Pride
Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Streets
With or without you
Bullet the blue sky
In gods country
Sweetest Thing
Desire
Real Thing
One
UTEOTW
The Fly
Ultraviolet
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

Last edited:
I’m sure U2 would feel comfortable whittling away their set list to 22 if they could

I agree with what was mentioned above. EI feels much darker than IE. IE was better than EI on paper, but I thought EI felt more like a fluid rock show than IE in person. Still, it seems like EI could be so much better than it is, but it's still brilliant in person. If that makes sense.

Rumors that they'll be filming these two shows

Cool; what's the source?
https://twitter.com/u2br/status/1008470718840000513
Df7OxHqW4AITB2T.jpg

Very "meh" on this filming location. American crowds, while good every now and then, generally suck compared to European and South American crowds. But of course they're going to do it in DC because of all of the Murica love involved.

I really want to see the Joshua Tree shows they filmed in SA last year, those crowds were amazing.

Everyone take your dicks and vaginas out. Let’s make this a great dvd to buy.

Anyone know the thought process that goes into selecting a location for concert filming? I look back at where they've chosen to film, and apart from them consistently choosing big markets (Paris, LA, Chicago, Boston, Mexico City, etc.) I see no trend. Some are the very beginning of a tour (Vertigo) while some are at the very end (Paris). Anyone know anything?

Anyone know the thought process that goes into selecting a location for concert filming? I look back at where they've chosen to film, and apart from them consistently choosing big markets (Paris, LA, Chicago, Boston, Mexico City, etc.) I see no trend. Some are the very beginning of a tour (Vertigo) while some are at the very end (Paris). Anyone know anything?
I mean... a show about the loss of the American dream. In DC.

It fits.

Very "meh" on this filming location. American crowds, while good every now and then, generally suck compared to European and South American crowds. But of course they're going to do it in DC because of all of the Murica love involved.

I really want to see the Joshua Tree shows they filmed in SA last year, those crowds were amazing.

Not as much America content as the JT tour, which is the one they should have filmed here. Preferably in Arizona.

hmmm.... trying to artistically rationalize a financial decision by the band... good luck.

anyway, for the non Americans here - fyi - Washington DC is not a cultural center of the USA. It is an adminstrative/ bureaucratic center, and an inefficient/ineffective/wasteful/borderline corrupt one, at that.

U2 are filiming a lot of locations. their promoters likely got a bunch of commecial concessions at Cap One Arena and thus DC is being filmed. this is not rocket science.

[braces for hate mail from the usual malcontents who police the forum...lol]

It's funny we've (not every market whatsoever, I know/am sorry for), the US and Europe has gotten a lot of live U2 in arguably one-to-two-to-three "narratives" in the mid-2010s. I hope they take a break, drop the tour prodcution narrative imperative, and just work leisurely (in a good way), preferably with "Brian and Danny" and just truly realize "charts" *don't matter* to a band like them, in the 2010s (maybe 2020s?) and just...[afraid to go further but draw your own interpretations, hopefully positive}.

To put my prior post in perspective, they made Zooropa in 3 months while still on a massive tour. No one is pretending U2 can or should be what they functionally were a full quarter-century ago but the verve and balls is still so spectacular that one just wishes for more (true) experimentalism and playfulness. Even if if takes a few years, that's ok--they're significantly older and have been very active (for us) for the past few years, and have more personal/familial matters to attend to. But yea, get "Batman & Robin" in there, take six months, and come up with *brand new shit* instead of belaboring half-songs that are a decade-old that have been (perhaps) unnecessarily talked-up too much. Start a true new era. U2 at 60. Great/good-enough (hopefully).

And then tour again. Everywhere.

Last edited:

Blah blah blah

anyway, for the non Americans here - fyi - Washington DC is not a cultural center of the USA.

Blah blah blah

To all the non-Americans here, DC is a liberal enclave where progressives outnumber conservatives typically 9 to 1 (in the case of 2016, our dear leader amassed barely 10,000 of DC’s 300,000+ votes - not a typo).

DC has a unique culture relating to not only its politics, colonial roots, and overall history, but also a more successful stereotypical US cultural center America’s of diverse black and Hispanic communities, cuisine, sports, blah blah blah.

There are plenty of things to rant about with DC sure, but yeah, otherwise, for you non-Americans, DC is a big cultural center of the United States.

Me thinks the quoted post was politically flavored with sour ??

hmmm.... trying to artistically rationalize a financial decision by the band... good luck.

anyway, for the non Americans here - fyi - Washington DC is not a cultural center of the USA. It is an adminstrative/ bureaucratic center, and an inefficient/ineffective/wasteful/borderline corrupt one, at that.

U2 are filiming a lot of locations. their promoters likely got a bunch of commecial concessions at Cap One Arena and thus DC is being filmed. this is not rocket science.

You Are a Broadway Show
You and Alts Are Broadway Show
You Are Tryin Too Hard
Came here to play American Troll

To all the non-Americans here, DC is a liberal enclave where progressives outnumber conservatives typically 9 to 1 (in the case of 2016, our dear leader amassed barely 10,000 of DC’s 300,000+ votes - not a typo).

DC has a unique culture relating to not only its politics, colonial roots, and overall history, but also a more successful stereotypical US cultural center America’s of diverse black and Hispanic communities, cuisine, sports, blah blah blah.

There are plenty of things to rant about with DC sure, but yeah, otherwise, for you non-Americans, DC is a big cultural center of the United States.

Me thinks the quoted post was politically flavored with sour ??

you put your blah-blah-blahs in the wrong place. that's ok.

anyway, you make some interesting points but the reality is that DC is what I said it was. if there is any overriding cultre, it is a culture of opportunism - political and econimic.

that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom