eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #61
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
But bear in mind if you want rail and go right in front of the main stage, you probably won't be able to see anything going on in the middle with the screens, or on the smaller stage at the opposite end.
I thought that was the most brilliant part of the stage design on I+E. Rewarded people who did not show up days before to get to the rail. It was great to walk around and get different vantage points on the floor during the show.

Might have been the best setup I have ever seen, or at least experienced myself.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #62
Blue Crack Supplier

Did anyone receive an email from U2.com today saying that they needed to renew their membership?

I renewed before the day of the album announcement, and my pre-sale verification stuff is all setup. My account shows that I am renewed in full.

So I'm not sure why this was sent to me. Hopefully it doesn't affect me getting tickets.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:58 PM   #63
The Male

Yeah I went hours early one night and showed up in time for People Have the Power another night and I enjoyed different aspects of both shows.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:28 AM
what's the word on opening acts?
Old 11-08-2017, 04:46 AM   #65
The Fly

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.

Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.

I otherwise love living in Australia but this makes me So. Freakin. Jealous.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:58 AM   #66
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Did anyone receive an email from U2.com today saying that they needed to renew their membership?

I renewed before the day of the album announcement, and my pre-sale verification stuff is all setup. My account shows that I am renewed in full.

So I'm not sure why this was sent to me. Hopefully it doesn't affect me getting tickets.
After reading your post I went and looked for the email and guess what? That's EXACTLY what they are telling us: If you don't renew your membership you CANNOT participate in the pre-sale.

Their reason is that I "used up all my JT pre-sale" slots already.

The only trouble is, I haven't -- I used 3 out of 4 for JT. And I only plan to use 1 for the SOE tour anyway. So I'm going to write to them and ask about that just to put them on the spot.

I think this is the time of year I usually renew anyway, so I don't really mind (even though I still haven't received my "gift" for the past year), but I'd still like to understand what's going on here.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
what's the word on opening acts?
I'd guess no opening act like in 2015, as it lists an 8:00 start time for Boston for example on TM. If there were an opening act the start time would certainly be listed as 7:30.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #68
The Fly

What are people thinking of rough dates for EU then any ideas..?? Also the code with the album you can try for any EU show or is just specific too a show you pick..??!!!
Old 11-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #69
War Child

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
I thought that was the most brilliant part of the stage design on I+E. Rewarded people who did not show up days before to get to the rail. It was great to walk around and get different vantage points on the floor during the show.

Might have been the best setup I have ever seen, or at least experienced myself.
Was a great set up - certainly felt like more breathing room on the floor. Happy to see the same look again.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #70
War Child

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin82 View Post
What are people thinking of rough dates for EU then any ideas..?? Also the code with the album you can try for any EU show or is just specific too a show you pick..??!!!
I would think (and hope!) it's for any EU show
Old 11-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #71
War Child

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post

Thanks to the general incompetence of security at the O2 arena I got in just as the show started and whilst I was mightily annoyed about it taking 90 minutes to do something that should be doable in about 15 mins it did mean I was way at the back and ended up having a prime slot for both the screen and b- stsge
Old 11-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #72
The Fly

Im keen for shows in
Zurich
Oslo
Italy
Prague

Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #73
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGD75 View Post
Was a great set up - certainly felt like more breathing room on the floor.
Except for MSG where they added VIP platforms behind the Red Zone area that left everyone else crowded in.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 AM   #74
The Fly

Well,looks like Québec city might be added to the tour,as they will rehearsal the E&I tour for a couple of weeks in late March.
Des répétitions au Colisée de Québec pour U2? | JDQ
Old 11-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #75
Babyface

Regarding Toronto. Likely the MBA and NHL playoffs are creating a problem. Last year the final games were played on June 11th and 12th. Montreal is on Tuesday June 5th, just one date, and they only have to deal with the NHL, no NBA team in Montreal. So they could shift an NHL playoff game one day either way, should Montreal make it to the finals.

Toronto is a little different. Both teams are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE) and so is the Air Canada Centre. They likely give first rights to their teams should they make the finals. The likely spot for U2 would be June 2 or 3rd, on the weekend. Should both teams make the finals, there would definitely be a game on the weekend. By this point in the playoffs, the American major networks usually pick up the games and they want prime time, Saturday night game.

So this is likely the sticking point. They do have an alternative, to put a show in Hamilton, which is only an hour outside of Toronto. Been a while since they performed in Hamilton. They would fill the stadium no problem as you would still be in the greater Toronto Area.