eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2017, 06:17 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
Thanks. I think I'll do it. I got my GA ticket for Joshua Tree out of total luck and it was a blast even if I couldn't see the entire time. I imagine arena GA is even better and with less potential for obstructed vision.
Any time. And yeah, the arena experience can be an improvement at times with the lower stage, more compact space, etc. Definitely more intimate. The one trade-off there is that there might be more of a demand for only so many GA seats when compared to a stadium. But like I said before, the one reason I like the pre-sales is that if I somehow miss getting a GA one time, I can always try during the regular sale or another pre-sale if I'm a part of one.

Some might bring up ticket drops as being another possibility, but if at all possible, I prefer having the ticket ahead of time just for peace of mind.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:41 AM
Quote:
Thanks. I think I'll do it. I got my GA ticket for Joshua Tree out of total luck and it was a blast even if I couldn't see the entire time. I imagine arena GA is even better and with less potential for obstructed vision.
If its the same stage setup as I+E, there isn't a bad view on the floor.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

nm
Old 11-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
If its the same stage setup as I+E, there isn't a bad view on the floor.
But bear in mind if you want rail and go right in front of the main stage, you probably won't be able to see anything going on in the middle with the screens, or on the smaller stage at the opposite end.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #50
The Fly

Local Time: 07:41 AM
I'm hoping to attend two shows, one seated, one GA.

If the stage is similar to I+E, where would your preferred spot be for each of those two experiences?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 AM   #51
Acrobat

roumor: U2 will play in Malta

oh and Latvia too
Old 11-07-2017, 11:39 AM   #52
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synj View Post
I'm hoping to attend two shows, one seated, one GA.

If the stage is similar to I+E, where would your preferred spot be for each of those two experiences?
I did two I+e Shows seated, and I wish I had sat on the side of the arena so I could have seen the full screen better.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #53
The Fly

Pre-Sale Question

So do I understand correctly that to be able to purchase tickets int eh pre-sale you must first sign up for the 2018 fan package? I used my fan pre-sale for only 2 tickets to JT Chicago. I am on the website and it looks like I have to sign up for the 2018 package even though the tickets go on sale in 2017. Am I reading this correctly?
Old 11-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #54
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYorke View Post
So do I understand correctly that to be able to purchase tickets int eh pre-sale you must first sign up for the 2018 fan package? I used my fan pre-sale for only 2 tickets to JT Chicago. I am on the website and it looks like I have to sign up for the 2018 package even though the tickets go on sale in 2017. Am I reading this correctly?
Yes, you are reading that correctly.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #55
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimearodriguez View Post
Yes, you are reading that correctly.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #56
The Fly

Quote:
I did two I+e Shows seated, and I wish I had sat on the side of the arena so I could have seen the full screen better.
Thank you, that’s what I’m hoping for. Still curious about the GA experience, seems like there’s a ton of rail, could end up anywhere.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synj View Post
Thank you, that’s what I’m hoping for. Still curious about the GA experience, seems like there’s a ton of rail, could end up anywhere.
GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.
Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM   #58
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.
Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll just have to do more shows LOL!

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 11-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #59
The Fly

I think no matter what happens there wil be drops jus look @ 2015 3Arena shows there was plenty of GA drops on the day of shows also this JT tour London #1 was sold out in mins then in March we got good seated tixs also for CPark they dropped tixs on the fri night & Sat morn
Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #60
Refugee

I think what’s happening with Toronto right now is they’ve put themselves out on the Eastern side (particularly with the June 5 Montreal show) right around the end of NHL and NBA playoffs. The ACC in Toronto would be their venue, but both the Leafs and Raptors play there. They may not have been able to come to a logistical agreement with Maple Leaf Sports at original announcement time, but I suspect they are in negotiations for a show sometime May 31-June 3...

We’ll see but I can’t imagine they’d ever miss Toronto. Potentially they may have to pick it back up later in the tour, but with that window near the end of playoff time (championship time, truly) if U2 doesn’t 100% have their load in/out schedule finalized, this may very well be the challenge. June 5 is late enough for the Habs not to worry about Bell Centre... that whole hockey thing is kind of a big deal up here and stuff.