eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
LA is lucky. I think your shows were on a weekend last tour. Mine are always like a Monday or Tuesday
I don't understand why the biggest markets get weekend shows. I'd think you would plan New York / LA on weekdays since you know you'll sellout any way and then plan smaller markets on weekends to increase the chance you sell out.

Of course, it may just be a matter of Tour logistics

Old 11-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #32
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
I don't understand why the biggest markets get weekend shows. I'd think you would plan New York / LA on weekdays since you know you'll sellout any way and then plan smaller markets on weekends to increase the chance you sell out.

Of course, it may just be a matter of Tour logistics
Well, I am surprised they're not swinging down south after Atlanta and playing Miami.

They've always done extremely well down here (even POPMART was around 70% sold out I'd guess).

Oh well . .gotta pack my bags next year and head to Tulsa, St Louis or Chicago I guess . . .

Old 11-04-2017, 11:27 AM   #33
Refugee

I think they'll make SOI songs rotate. So maybe 1 or 2 songs from SOI each night?

Then again they already did the Innocence portion, so maybe they won't. I bet that is one of those things they won't decide on until its close.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:35 PM   #34
The Fly

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Presale Code

This may be discussed somewhere else, but thought I would ask. According to my u2.com account page I am in the innocence group. Should I be able to see a code to let me know I still have 2 tickets to use for the presale? Is there a code showing up for anyone? Or is the fact that my account says "innocence" mean that I'll be able to try for tickets? I renewed my membership last year when I bought tix for JT in Chicago. I thought the membership gave me access to 4 tix, and I still had a code this Fall and got into all the JT presales for this Fall, but did not use. Will I still have 2 tix on my account, or will they wipe the slate clean for the new tour?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #35
Babyface

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschwarb View Post

Should I be able to see a code to let me know I still have 2 tickets to use for the presale? Is there a code showing up for anyone?
They changed the process this time. The reason you needed to enter your cell phone number on your profile is because they will be texting people their codes 2-4 hours before the tickets go on sale. They will not be posting them in your profile anymore. Too many people were selling their codes on previous tours.

There is a 2 ticket limit for the presale because it's arenas this time around. Smaller venues means less available tickets. To make sure more people have a shot at tickets, they are limiting to 2 for the fan club presale. That's very common as I've been on presales for many other bands and they also limit to 2 per fan club presale for arena tours to give more people a shot.

General on sale limit is 4 but all tickets for general on sale will be through the new verified fan lottery, which means you only get a chance at buying tickets if they pick you and you get a code on the day of on sale that allows you to buy tickets. It's completely different this time around and there's no guarantee of getting tickets by any method. It's very stressful because if you don't get them during the fan club presale then your chances of getting picked to buy tickets in the general on sale are random and not guaranteed.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #36
Ghost of Love

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

Let’s not panic. Subscriber presales have typically been pretty successful for those who know what they’re doing and are ready to go when the sale starts.

The Onsale is the one that will be the crapshoot, although I’m not worried about the “randomly chosen” angle - every ticket sold in the onsale is supposedly going to Verified Fans, so it stands to reason that they will be sending codes out to all Verified Fans, because otherwise how are they going to sell out tickets? They need people to enter the queue at 10am on sale day to buy, right?

Unless we’re suggesting that if a venue has, say, 15,000 available tickets, they will randomly select only 15,000 (or, maybe half that, assuming 2 tickets per) people to get codes and join the sale. Maybe, and that’s kinda shitty yes, but at the same time isn’t that basically what happens if 50,000 people slam TMs servers on sale day anyways? Your progress or failure at that point is fairly random anyways.

But I think that’s a really far fetched idea. If they only gave out a limited number of codes based on venue size or whatever, they’re running the risk that those selected may not actually fulfill the orders to sell off the show.

And we know that’s not how U2 - or any artist, really - does stuff. They want the early sell off. They’re giving everyone who registers a code, is my prediction.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #37
Refugee

I am currently not a subscriber; is it worth it to get better access to GA tickets?
Old 11-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #38
Ghost of Love

Some may debate this point but from what I've seen even with people who joined late and were in the Innocence group:

Yes, absolutely.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Saw a rumor that Vancouver and Toronto would be added. Hope they do. It's unlikely I can travel this leg (and don't really want to), but if it turns out there's no second US leg, I'd be very very sad to miss the tour altogether.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
I am currently not a subscriber; is it worth it to get better access to GA tickets?
I've kept up with the membership almost solely for that reason. The one time I tried to get a GA ticket for a regular sale, I ended up refreshing for 40-50 minutes just to get one. In the pre-sales, I've almost always pulled one up fairly quickly. That alone, along with the chance of just not knowing if one will pop up in the regular sale, usually is enough for me.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #41
Babyface

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Saw a rumor that Vancouver and Toronto would be added. Hope they do. It's unlikely I can travel this leg (and don't really want to), but if it turns out there's no second US leg, I'd be very very sad to miss the tour altogether.
Yeah, really disappointed of lack of Canadian shows, especially Toronto, as I was really did not want to travel to see any shows and considering Arthur Fogul is Canadian and started his career in Toronto, you think he would at least get Toronto and Vancouver a show.

Looks like I probably going to have to make the drive down to Montreal as it doesn't look like a Toronto date will be announced before pre-sales on Nov. 14.

What would really bug me is if they announce a Toronto show after the first set of shows go on sale and after I used my code for Montreal. I would then have to take my chance on the TMVerified public sale for Toronto.

Just wished they would announce all cities from the start.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #42
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:11 PM
I'm certainly not confident there will be a continuation of the tour into 2019. If so, it would mean U2 have been on the road for four years out of five, which would be their heaviest tour schedule since the mid-eighties! If SOE had come out earlier as originally intended, this would've been the "second leg".

On the other hand, if they really want to rake in the dosh you'd think there'd at least be a European stadiums leg in 2019. If they decide to do Australia, New Zealand, and Asia as arenas I'd be sceptical of the tour continuing, but if they go to stadiums here then you know they aren't just making a stadium set-up for us and that it'd get used in Europe and/or North America the next year.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #43
The Fly

I would understand waiting to ad a small market city to fill a gap,but the 5th biggest market in N.A.?

Really strange....
Old 11-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #44
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
I've kept up with the membership almost solely for that reason. The one time I tried to get a GA ticket for a regular sale, I ended up refreshing for 40-50 minutes just to get one. In the pre-sales, I've almost always pulled one up fairly quickly. That alone, along with the chance of just not knowing if one will pop up in the regular sale, usually is enough for me.
Thanks. I think I'll do it. I got my GA ticket for Joshua Tree out of total luck and it was a blast even if I couldn't see the entire time. I imagine arena GA is even better and with less potential for obstructed vision.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:28 AM   #45
War Child

Local Time: 11:11 AM
What is the best thing to do, when it comes to the European shows ticket sales

1 resubscribe now already to u2.com (my current subscription ends in Jan 2018)

2 wait till the european dates are announced in 2018 and resubscribe