eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LA is lucky. I think your shows were on a weekend last tour. Mine are always like a Monday or Tuesday :rolleyes:

I don't understand why the biggest markets get weekend shows. I'd think you would plan New York / LA on weekdays since you know you'll sellout any way and then plan smaller markets on weekends to increase the chance you sell out.

Of course, it may just be a matter of Tour logistics

I don't understand why the biggest markets get weekend shows. I'd think you would plan New York / LA on weekdays since you know you'll sellout any way and then plan smaller markets on weekends to increase the chance you sell out.

Of course, it may just be a matter of Tour logistics

Well, I am surprised they're not swinging down south after Atlanta and playing Miami.

They've always done extremely well down here (even POPMART was around 70% sold out I'd guess).

Oh well . .gotta pack my bags next year and head to Tulsa, St Louis or Chicago I guess . . .

I think they'll make SOI songs rotate. So maybe 1 or 2 songs from SOI each night?

Then again they already did the Innocence portion, so maybe they won't. I bet that is one of those things they won't decide on until its close.

Last edited:
Presale Code

This may be discussed somewhere else, but thought I would ask. According to my u2.com account page I am in the innocence group. Should I be able to see a code to let me know I still have 2 tickets to use for the presale? Is there a code showing up for anyone? Or is the fact that my account says "innocence" mean that I'll be able to try for tickets? I renewed my membership last year when I bought tix for JT in Chicago. I thought the membership gave me access to 4 tix, and I still had a code this Fall and got into all the JT presales for this Fall, but did not use. Will I still have 2 tix on my account, or will they wipe the slate clean for the new tour?

Last edited:
Should I be able to see a code to let me know I still have 2 tickets to use for the presale? Is there a code showing up for anyone?

They changed the process this time. The reason you needed to enter your cell phone number on your profile is because they will be texting people their codes 2-4 hours before the tickets go on sale. They will not be posting them in your profile anymore. Too many people were selling their codes on previous tours.

There is a 2 ticket limit for the presale because it's arenas this time around. Smaller venues means less available tickets. To make sure more people have a shot at tickets, they are limiting to 2 for the fan club presale. That's very common as I've been on presales for many other bands and they also limit to 2 per fan club presale for arena tours to give more people a shot.

General on sale limit is 4 but all tickets for general on sale will be through the new verified fan lottery, which means you only get a chance at buying tickets if they pick you and you get a code on the day of on sale that allows you to buy tickets. It's completely different this time around and there's no guarantee of getting tickets by any method. It's very stressful because if you don't get them during the fan club presale then your chances of getting picked to buy tickets in the general on sale are random and not guaranteed.

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

Let’s not panic. Subscriber presales have typically been pretty successful for those who know what they’re doing and are ready to go when the sale starts.

The Onsale is the one that will be the crapshoot, although I’m not worried about the “randomly chosen” angle - every ticket sold in the onsale is supposedly going to Verified Fans, so it stands to reason that they will be sending codes out to all Verified Fans, because otherwise how are they going to sell out tickets? They need people to enter the queue at 10am on sale day to buy, right?

Unless we’re suggesting that if a venue has, say, 15,000 available tickets, they will randomly select only 15,000 (or, maybe half that, assuming 2 tickets per) people to get codes and join the sale. Maybe, and that’s kinda shitty yes, but at the same time isn’t that basically what happens if 50,000 people slam TMs servers on sale day anyways? Your progress or failure at that point is fairly random anyways.

But I think that’s a really far fetched idea. If they only gave out a limited number of codes based on venue size or whatever, they’re running the risk that those selected may not actually fulfill the orders to sell off the show.

And we know that’s not how U2 - or any artist, really - does stuff. They want the early sell off. They’re giving everyone who registers a code, is my prediction.

Saw a rumor that Vancouver and Toronto would be added. Hope they do. It's unlikely I can travel this leg (and don't really want to), but if it turns out there's no second US leg, I'd be very very sad to miss the tour altogether.

I am currently not a subscriber; is it worth it to get better access to GA tickets?

I've kept up with the membership almost solely for that reason. The one time I tried to get a GA ticket for a regular sale, I ended up refreshing for 40-50 minutes just to get one. In the pre-sales, I've almost always pulled one up fairly quickly. That alone, along with the chance of just not knowing if one will pop up in the regular sale, usually is enough for me.

Saw a rumor that Vancouver and Toronto would be added. Hope they do. It's unlikely I can travel this leg (and don't really want to), but if it turns out there's no second US leg, I'd be very very sad to miss the tour altogether.

Yeah, really disappointed of lack of Canadian shows, especially Toronto, as I was really did not want to travel to see any shows and considering Arthur Fogul is Canadian and started his career in Toronto, you think he would at least get Toronto and Vancouver a show.

Looks like I probably going to have to make the drive down to Montreal as it doesn't look like a Toronto date will be announced before pre-sales on Nov. 14.

What would really bug me is if they announce a Toronto show after the first set of shows go on sale and after I used my code for Montreal. I would then have to take my chance on the TMVerified public sale for Toronto.

Just wished they would announce all cities from the start.

I'm certainly not confident there will be a continuation of the tour into 2019. If so, it would mean U2 have been on the road for four years out of five, which would be their heaviest tour schedule since the mid-eighties! If SOE had come out earlier as originally intended, this would've been the "second leg".

On the other hand, if they really want to rake in the dosh you'd think there'd at least be a European stadiums leg in 2019. If they decide to do Australia, New Zealand, and Asia as arenas I'd be sceptical of the tour continuing, but if they go to stadiums here then you know they aren't just making a stadium set-up for us and that it'd get used in Europe and/or North America the next year.

I would understand waiting to ad a small market city to fill a gap,but the 5th biggest market in N.A.?

Really strange....

I've kept up with the membership almost solely for that reason. The one time I tried to get a GA ticket for a regular sale, I ended up refreshing for 40-50 minutes just to get one. In the pre-sales, I've almost always pulled one up fairly quickly. That alone, along with the chance of just not knowing if one will pop up in the regular sale, usually is enough for me.

Thanks. I think I'll do it. I got my GA ticket for Joshua Tree out of total luck and it was a blast even if I couldn't see the entire time. I imagine arena GA is even better and with less potential for obstructed vision.

What is the best thing to do, when it comes to the European shows ticket sales

1 resubscribe now already to u2.com (my current subscription ends in Jan 2018)

2 wait till the european dates are announced in 2018 and resubscribe

Thanks. I think I'll do it. I got my GA ticket for Joshua Tree out of total luck and it was a blast even if I couldn't see the entire time. I imagine arena GA is even better and with less potential for obstructed vision.

Any time. :up: And yeah, the arena experience can be an improvement at times with the lower stage, more compact space, etc. Definitely more intimate. The one trade-off there is that there might be more of a demand for only so many GA seats when compared to a stadium. But like I said before, the one reason I like the pre-sales is that if I somehow miss getting a GA one time, I can always try during the regular sale or another pre-sale if I'm a part of one.

Some might bring up ticket drops as being another possibility, but if at all possible, I prefer having the ticket ahead of time just for peace of mind.

If its the same stage setup as I+E, there isn't a bad view on the floor.

If its the same stage setup as I+E, there isn't a bad view on the floor.

But bear in mind if you want rail and go right in front of the main stage, you probably won't be able to see anything going on in the middle with the screens, or on the smaller stage at the opposite end.

I'm hoping to attend two shows, one seated, one GA.

If the stage is similar to I+E, where would your preferred spot be for each of those two experiences?

I'm hoping to attend two shows, one seated, one GA.

If the stage is similar to I+E, where would your preferred spot be for each of those two experiences?

I did two I+e Shows seated, and I wish I had sat on the side of the arena so I could have seen the full screen better.

Pre-Sale Question

So do I understand correctly that to be able to purchase tickets int eh pre-sale you must first sign up for the 2018 fan package? I used my fan pre-sale for only 2 tickets to JT Chicago. I am on the website and it looks like I have to sign up for the 2018 package even though the tickets go on sale in 2017. Am I reading this correctly?

So do I understand correctly that to be able to purchase tickets int eh pre-sale you must first sign up for the 2018 fan package? I used my fan pre-sale for only 2 tickets to JT Chicago. I am on the website and it looks like I have to sign up for the 2018 package even though the tickets go on sale in 2017. Am I reading this correctly?

Yes, you are reading that correctly.

I did two I+e Shows seated, and I wish I had sat on the side of the arena so I could have seen the full screen better.

Thank you, that’s what I’m hoping for. Still curious about the GA experience, seems like there’s a ton of rail, could end up anywhere.

Thank you, that’s what I’m hoping for. Still curious about the GA experience, seems like there’s a ton of rail, could end up anywhere.

GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.
Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.

GA for this set up is great cause you can attack it from any number of vantage points and not be disappointed.

I did 3 GA shows in 2015, 2 of them from the rail mid cat walk, had a decent view of main stage, good view of satellite stage and had band members pass by 2 feet from me at various points, had Larry camped out right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Down side to that is view of screen is limited when its in use, you crane your neck and only get a partial view. Other show since my friend couldn't get wristbanded in morning, we showed up an hour after doors and got within 2 people of rail at catwalk towards mini stage.

Any spot on the floor is good as the show uses the entire floor at some point.
Saw lots of folks who would just hang back on the floor to take in the whole show, including screens, and you're still only about 15 feet max from the catwalk or stage depending on which spot on the floor you choose.

That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll just have to do more shows LOL!

Thanks for the feedback!

I think no matter what happens there wil be drops jus look @ 2015 3Arena shows there was plenty of GA drops on the day of shows also this JT tour London #1 was sold out in mins then in March we got good seated tixs also for CPark they dropped tixs on the fri night & Sat morn

I think what’s happening with Toronto right now is they’ve put themselves out on the Eastern side (particularly with the June 5 Montreal show) right around the end of NHL and NBA playoffs. The ACC in Toronto would be their venue, but both the Leafs and Raptors play there. They may not have been able to come to a logistical agreement with Maple Leaf Sports at original announcement time, but I suspect they are in negotiations for a show sometime May 31-June 3...

We’ll see but I can’t imagine they’d ever miss Toronto. Potentially they may have to pick it back up later in the tour, but with that window near the end of playoff time (championship time, truly) if U2 doesn’t 100% have their load in/out schedule finalized, this may very well be the challenge. June 5 is late enough for the Habs not to worry about Bell Centre... that whole hockey thing is kind of a big deal up here and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom