eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May 2nd Tulsa, OK BOK Center
May 4th St. Louis, MOScottrade Center
May 7th San Jose, CASAP Center
May 8th San Jose, CA SAP Center
May 11th Las Vegas, NVT-Mobile Arena
May 12th Las Vegas, NVT-Mobile Arena
May 15th Los Angeles, CAThe Forum
May 16thLos Angeles, CAThe Forum
May 18thLos Angeles, CAThe Forum
May 22ndChicago, ILUnited Center
May 23rdChicago, ILUnited Center
May 26Nashville, TNBridgestone Arena
May 28thAtlanta, GAInfinite Energy Arena
May 29thAtlanta, GAInfinite Energy Arena
June 1stToronto, ONAir Canada Centre
June 2ndToronto, ONAir Canada Centre

June 5thMontreal, QCBell Centre
June 6thMontreal, QCBell Centre
June 9thUniondale, NYNassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
June 10thUniondale, NYNassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
June 13thPhiladelphia, PAWells Fargo Center
June 14thPhiladelphia, PAWells Fargo Center
June 17thWashington, DCCapital One Arena
June 18thWashington, DCCapital One Arena
June 21stBoston, MATD Garden
June 22ndBoston, MATD Garden
June 25thNew York, NYMadison Square Garden
June 26thNew York, NYMadison Square Garden
June 29thNewark, NJPrudential Center

What’s your obsession with touring lies?

At least the erupting volcano stage was somewhat creative(in a juvenile way). Then it was made up dates in arenas that no longer or yet exist. But now just boring add-on dates?

You’ve lost your touch. You said you’d leave if your last lies didn’t come to fruition, you should have stuck to that, this will be a shit note to leave on.

I heard they're adding a date in LA on the 89th of June and an Atlanta date on the 43rd of Smarch.

I will leave this site if this prediction doesn't come true.

So San Jose deserved a Second show and LA doesn't deserve a 3rd show ? Look at the ticket sales for San Jose ??

I'm betting there will be a 2nd show in Atlanta, and one more in the NYC area (Uniondale or Newark). I know, MSG has some upper level seats unsold. I still think they'll add one more. Somebody on @u2's forum heard that there will be more dates added in July in North America, including Denver, Salt Lake City and Vancouver. Personally, I also think they could add some shows in Portland, Edmonton (2), Winnipeg while they're up in that neck of the woods. Also, I think Texas and Miami could support a show, as could Charlotte or Raleigh, but U2 won't play there because of the bathroom law. And selfishly, it's my pipe dream for them to come to Columbus/Cincinnati.

Maybe, we'll see... but I think we'll see at least a few more shows. Also, I can't believe how bad sales are for San Jose 2... they're gonna have to give tickets away to fill that fucker up! I'm going to watch Chicago #2 like a hawk and see if prices get slashed.

Last edited:
I was in Dunbogan last week.

It really is full of bogans, and I was done with it.

I find it odd that they're not showing the choose-a-seat view for Newark. Long Island on a Sunday night seems doubtful. Are they only going to give themselves a single day off after Montreal and do Friday night in LI? Also doubtful.

Yet more dates in the US??? Haven't they saturated the US enough with shows over the last couple of years or so??

Yet more dates in the US??? Haven't they saturated the US enough with shows over the last couple of years or so??

The next leg will just be a run of shows through each neighbourhood of New York.

If they add anymore dates they are mad cause theve only sold one date out so far and even that's in Canada. Sell the tickets that are unsold.

The excuse of " well they don't plan to sell out dates straight off the bat" is rubbish. They want to sell the dates out as quick as possible. Why wouldn't they ? In general nobody has any idea that they cut the ticket prices, it's only u2 geeks like us that know because we check the maps.Some dates/ arena dates will not sell out

Seems strange to me that their going to more or less the same places they went to last year. Why not go to other places around America. It's a big enough place

Last edited:
So San Jose deserved a Second show and LA doesn't deserve a 3rd show ? Look at the ticket sales for San Jose ??

Yeah but look at Atlanta . . .

That one is as good as sold out, so if they were going to pull the trigger and launch a 2nd show, why would they wait there? And if they haven't announced a 2nd show there (in such a small venue), why would they book a 3rd in LA given the stagnant ticket sales?

Who knows who cares and we'll find out soon enough. But since we all have fun guessing at things like this, my money is on no more show add-ons to the cities that already have them.

If they add anymore dates they are mad cause theve only sold one date out so far and even that's in Canada. Sell the tickets that are unsold.

The excuse of " well they don't plan to sell out dates straight off the bat" is rubbish. They want to sell the dates out as quick as possible. Why wouldn't they ? In general nobody has any idea that they cut the ticket prices, it's only u2 geeks like us that know because we check the maps.Some dates/ arena dates will not sell out

Seems strange to me that their going to more or less the same places they went to last year. Why not go to other places around America. It's a big enough place

If nobody looks for tickets after the initial onsale date, then why is there a secondary market? And why does that secondary market keep going for months?

You're right that they're very unlikely to add more dates, and yes of course, everyone hopes that the shows sell out immediately.

But many of the sellouts in the past were sold so quickly because scalpers bought seats and jacked up the prices. This pricing structure keeps shows from selling out immediately in most cases, but also keeps the scalpers at bay, and acts as a defacto secondary market.

The majority of these shows will sell out as we get closer to show time. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they all did.

As for why don't they play other cities in the US? That's just silly. It makes infinitely more sense to play New York and Chicago again instead of Buffalo or Kansas City.

First, you keep posting fake dates and insinuating that they're real.

Stop that

Second... If they're going to add any new shows on this leg, it's probably going to be in a new city, not adding to any existing cities. Is it impossible that, say, another Newark show gets added? No, but it's very unlike at this point.

If nobody looks for tickets after the initial onsale date, then why is there a secondary market? And why does that secondary market keep going for months?

You're right that they're very unlikely to add more dates, and yes of course, everyone hopes that the shows sell out immediately.

But many of the sellouts in the past were sold so quickly because scalpers bought seats and jacked up the prices. This pricing structure keeps shows from selling out immediately in most cases, but also keeps the scalpers at bay, and acts as a defacto secondary market.

The majority of these shows will sell out as we get closer to show time. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they all did.

As for why don't they play other cities in the US? That's just silly. It makes infinitely more sense to play New York and Chicago again instead of Buffalo or Kansas City.

Secondary market is totally different to looking on ticketmaster maps to see if tickets are sold or unsold. People do buy tickets after the initial sale date but I bet 99% of those people wouldn't have any idea that their ticket once cost 300 dollars

I think putting the ticket cost so high is partly to keep the tours at bay but it's about making as much money as possible aswell

Wouldn't there be a higher demand in American states that they haven't been to for years though . These places New York, Chicago etc demand is at a low, its still a high demand in general terms but for u2 terms it's low. 2 New York shows now, how many did they do at msg last time? Was it 6, LA did 5 wasn't it , now struggling at 2. Just for example on the European leg there would be huge demand in places like Poland,Portugal,Denmark,Norway etc cause they haven't been there for years

If u went off the Joshua tree tour then there's evidence there to suggest this tactic works, as a lot of tickets were sold late on.

Secondary market is totally different to looking on ticketmaster maps to see if tickets are sold or unsold. People do buy tickets after the initial sale date but I bet 99% of those people wouldn't have any idea that their ticket once cost 300 dollars

I think putting the ticket cost so high is partly to keep the tours at bay but it's about making as much money as possible aswell

Wouldn't there be a higher demand in American states that they haven't been to for years though . These places New York, Chicago etc demand is at a low, its still a high demand in general terms but for u2 terms it's low. 2 New York shows now, how many did they do at msg last time? Was it 6, LA did 5 wasn't it , now struggling at 2. Just for example on the European leg there would be huge demand in places like Poland,Portugal,Denmark,Norway etc cause they haven't been there for years

If u went off the Joshua tree tour then there's evidence there to suggest this tactic works, as a lot of tickets were sold late on.

To paragraph 1... well, yea. That's the point.

Paragraph 2...um, yea. Also, that's the point. The money was walking out the door to the scalpers. This keeps it in house.

Paragraph 3... There are 4 New York shows. Newark is right across the Hudson River from Manhattan and a 15 minute ride on the PATH from the World Trade Center. Uniondale is in central Nassau County on Long Island, the first suburb of NYC. They aren't all at MSG, but that may be more of a timing thing than anything else... or maybe LiveNation simply wanted to spread the love.

As for other markets... 80% of the US population lives in like 6 or 7 regions, and they're playing all of them. I don't know where else you think they should play, unless you're jonesing for some shows in the underserved Boise, Idaho market.

To the JT tour point... yea, of course it works. They wouldn't be doing it this way if they didn't think it would work. The gigs will sell.

Last edited:

The JT show I attended in Indianapolis looked like it was going to be a dud as far as sales go. I kept watching it, and prices started slowly being lowered in certain sections. And tickets started selling. I waited until about a week before the show, and was able to buy 2 decent tickets for $80 each. It wasn't completely full, but there was over 51,000 people there. I'd call that a success.

They're doing the same thing with this tour. That's the advantage of putting shows on sale 8 months in advance. They have time to play with the prices. These shows will all either be sold out or close enough that nobody will notice.

Edit- it's not just U2 that do this. A few years ago I was able to get decent Rolling Stones tickets for a fraction by waiting until the day before the show. Standard industry practice at the high demand shows.

Has anyone ever sat behind U2 (Elevation, Vertigo, SOI Tour).? What are your thoughts?

I'm looking at going to the Vegas shows and don't want to spend too much on tickets. Done Red Zone the last 2 tours....

It looks like I'll see some of the screen and Larry's drumming.

Has anyone ever sat behind U2 (Elevation, Vertigo, SOI Tour).? What are your thoughts?

I'm looking at going to the Vegas shows and don't want to spend too much on tickets. Done Red Zone the last 2 tours....

Normally they're phenomenal seats at a great price... On this tour, though, you may have difficulty seeing the screen.

Sat behind the stage on both Elevation and Vertigo. While I enjoyed the proximity to the band and the unique perspective, the simple fact is that they just don't play to the rear of the stage much at all. This was even the case on 360 (though I personally didn't sit rear stage on that tour), where there was clearly a "front" and "rear", despite the 360 configuration. Larry's drum riser rotated to the rear for just a single song in the set, and even that felt like a token gesture.

On this tour, be careful how close to the 'center' of rear stage you are, as you won't be able to see much (if any) of the massive screen/cage. Yes, there's a supplemental screen at either end of the arena, but it is a poor substitute for the cage.

In short, I wouldn't sit rear stage on this tour unless I'd already seen it from the front.

Sat behind the stage on both Elevation and Vertigo. While I enjoyed the proximity to the band and the unique perspective, the simple fact is that they just don't play to the rear of the stage much at all. This was even the case on 360 (though I personally didn't sit rear stage on that tour), where there was clearly a "front" and "rear", despite the 360 configuration. Larry's drum riser rotated to the rear for just a single song in the set, and even that felt like a token gesture.

On this tour, be careful how close to the 'center' of rear stage you are, as you won't be able to see much (if any) of the massive screen/cage. Yes, there's a supplemental screen at either end of the arena, but it is a poor substitute for the cage.

In short, I wouldn't sit rear stage on this tour unless I'd already seen it from the front.

I saw SOI Tour on the floor (2 nights in Phoenix) so I got my fill on the floor. One was Red Zone (kind of a waste).

It looks like the seats are little off to the side so you can see most of the screen.

I was gonna do 1 show in the rear and the other up top (screen in viewing postion)

I'm not feeling $330 a ticket!! Trying to go and enjoy the new songs live without breaking the bank. After doing Red Zone for SOI and JT I'm good on paying the premium.

Basically if you can get side/rear seats rather than seats directly behind Larry you should be fine. Not sure what shows you are entertaining, but using Tulsa as an example, sections 118 and 113 will provide an almost equivalent view for $106 as you would get in 119 & 112 for $325.
117 & 114 the angle gets a little dicey, though the price drops to $76, if you could get the furthest "front" seats in a row there it would be decent.
115 & 116 are too straight back to see anything on the screen and will only be decent (to an extent) when the band is on the main stage, hence the price being $41.00

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/u2-ex...-0_2000535EE88082C0&f_PPL=true&ab=efeat5787v1

Rumors suggest that the European leg will stretch through October, and then they'll go to Australia after that in late 2018. I think it's very likely that they'll be there before the SOE tour ends.

Anyone have any updates (rumors) on adding cities? I'm in Vancouver. I love the new album so much that I MUST see this tour. We are usually spoiled in Vancouver by U2 shows, but nothing this time, not even Seattle!? I ask because im considering getting Vegas tix. Not ideal since wife would have to stay home with baby (not ideal for her hehe)

I sat behind the band at my first I+e show. You can't get a good view of the screen and the band spend 80% of the show facing away from you, but you are very very close to them and the show was still a blast.. Sound was great if that's on your mind.

Back
Top Bottom